***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

U trying to say jay-z name drops more than game?  lol Maybe jay-z name drops more brands but actual people? Game has every rapper beat with that ****.
Whats the difference? and yes considering Jay been out since early 90s he has named dropped much more than Game VIBE magainze had a whole article about it a few years back

Whats the difference? and yes considering Jay been out since early 90s he has named dropped much more than Game VIBE magainze had a whole article about it a few years back
are u talking about article where it had every brand jay has name dropped since 1996? If so that's completely different. Materialism is just a part of rap rappers do it. Name dropping is part of hip hop also. But name dropping to the extent that game does is just a little excessive.  

are u talking about article where it had every brand jay has name dropped since 1996? If so that's completely different. Materialism is just a part of rap rappers do it. Name dropping is part of hip hop also. But name dropping to the extent that game does is just a little excessive.  
Oh ok didnt know "Brand" and "Name" droppin was that big a difference at the end of the day it's all a Name isn't it?

I hate when jay brand drop cuz at one point everything this ***** said became the cool thing. **** got mad annoying. And game has been a name dropper since day one, that's him that's his style his fans like it that's all that matters I guess.

Oh ok didnt know "Brand" and "Name" droppin was that big a difference at the end of the day it's all a Name isn't it?

no

Using a simile out of another rappers name is sort of corny. Normally people will do it for athletes or pop culture references.

but some dude saying, I leave you hard to breathe like Weezy 20 times a song is sort of annoying. I wasn't a big fan of The Documentary. What Game was doing was sort of taboo, because mentioning other rappers so freely wasn't cool, because someone could take offense.

He got better at it and toned it down some from when he first came out.

I hate when jay brand drop cuz at one point everything this ***** said became the cool thing. **** got mad annoying. And game has been a name dropper since day one, that's him that's his style his fans like it that's all that matters I guess.

Everybody suddenly referencing Basquiat all the time :lol:

Everybody suddenly referencing Basquiat all the time :lol:
Exactly, I never heard of him before jay and I know 90% of these hood ****** who mimic jay didn't but now they all about art and ****.

no

Using a simile out of another rappers name is sort of corny. Normally people will do it for athletes or pop culture references.

but some dude saying, I leave you hard to breathe like Weezy 20 times a song is sort of annoying. I wasn't a big fan of The Documentary. What Game was doing was sort of taboo, because mentioning other rappers so freely wasn't cool, because someone could take offense.

He got better at it and toned it down some from when he first came out.
Yup that was part of the allure of Game then, ppl were like 
nerd.gif
 when he came out name dropping. Ppl liked the fact that he didn't give a ****, it created possible conflicts and such. 

But i agree with Flashy alot of his name dropping pays homage to alot of the greats. even on bigger than me, he's upping 50 amongst the other legends 

DJ Premier retweeted

LA Confidential@thegame · 3h 3 hours ago

@REALDJPREMIER just joined #TheDocumentary2 production list. I'm ****** excited homie !!!! #WaitForIt

:smokin

Jay never name dropped rappers the way Game does....

ready for the new era of rappers to get their name dropped on Games new average album
why is it such a big deal? i don't get it, thats his style, would u like for him to change it to ur liking?

juicy j says him own name in every damn song.  nipsey rhymes ****, ****, ***** in every song, thats their style, let em do them.

Jay never name dropped rappers the way Game does....

ready for the new era of rappers to get their name dropped on Games new average album 
Never said he named dropped RAPPERS...Jay name drops Brands/Companies and its nothin wrong with that whether u droppin rappers,brands,artist ,athletes or in Drake case ex smash buddies it's all a NAME drop  

pimp.gif

Im trying not to get my hopes up for this album cuz most sequels aren't even close to the og's but damn if Game isn't going about it the right way

I honestly believe he is capable of making this on the same level of the 1st one.

It just feels right idk . :pimp:

Damn i forgot how much that album bangs. How we do, hate it or love it, dreams, put u on the game, church for thugs.sheesh. not sure if he can recapture what the original documentary had without 50 but i wouldnt put it past him.

Damn i forgot how much that album bangs. How we do, hate it or love it, dreams, put u on the game, church for thugs.sheesh. not sure if he can recapture what the original documentary had without 50 but i wouldnt put it past him.
lyrically he is at his best right now and he seems to be getting the right producers (dre, timbaland, premier, cool n dre, storch) and features so its looking good, just a question of whether he can get the mainstream singles like doc had

Oooo man. If AZ is on the album good lawd. I remember Game saying they did a track together, i think for the Red Album but didnt make the cut obviously

Game and Capo always make dope songs together...im interested to see if this comes to fruition

Back
Top Bottom