***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

anyone feel that "like father, like son 2" should of been the last track on Doc2 like how the og one was on the documentary?

really love that track...i'm not even a father and it hits them feels

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but that's just a minor gripe. The sequencing and transition between tracks is excellent though.

he's almost cleared 200k albums, he's at 166k right now. those are very good numbers for a independent release.

Last edited:
Curious to know, have any of you met Game? I actually met him like 6 times. First 3 or so times were just at the mall (I live in LA) he's always out and about. Also at celebrity basketball game and cd signing for R.E.D. album.

Curious to know, have any of you met Game? I actually met him like 6 times. First 3 or so times were just at the mall (I live in LA) he's always out and about. Also at celebrity basketball game and cd signing for R.E.D. album.
1st time I met em he wasn't "Game" yet this was in early 2002 a lil after he got shot up he was in my hood with 4BENT (WIP) 

My bro lived out in LA for a couple years and was at the movies one time and Game came in and sat next to him. Choppin it up about the movie as they watched it. Then my bro bounced after to get his car and then he heard Game call out to him in the lot. He was buyin one of his kids some frozen yogurt and offered some to my bro which he took lol.

Last edited:
Yea he seem like a regular dude, met him for a sec in dc after a club appearance, but security threw him un the car cuz he was drunk. Met Taydoe tho, he was cool as hell, took a pic and everything

Did he recognize u after the first couple times?

http://www.forbes.com/sites#/sites/...s-the-behind-the-scenes-on-the-documentary-2/

Wack 100 confirmed there will be a Sgnature Edition of TD2 wth more songs, so we not done eating yet :smokin

You’ve got to understand, streaming is killing everybody too. There’s a pro and a con to streaming. Once upon a time, streaming was looked at as somebody bootlegged your album. Now, you get a 10% number. So if your album is streaming a million times, they’re only going to give you credit for 10% of that. [Note: The formula Billboard uses is actually a little more complicated than this. You can read about it here.] So something’s better than nothing. I still think it’s unfair, that 10% number, but before we weren’t seeing anything from it, so you have to take the good with the bad. And we’re not done. I think the signature edition will do well as well.

Oh snap!!!! Wack laid it all out, he was right bout the stores thing, cuz both times I had to ask them to get copies from the back room

Amazon finally restocked TD 2.5 so I bought a copy to go with the TD 2 copy. Will be coming in Monday.

The Game might have just gained a nice amount of female fans with the stuff he pulled last night. I wonder if those horny *** chicks will buy the album though? lol

:lol:

But when I told you dudes Game wouldn't be happy with those numbers y'all jumped all over me and told me I had no clue what I'm talking about.

It's not just about money man. I know he's indie and he's profiting heavily off these sales. It's also ego man, most rappers, including game, got egos. These dudes are competitive, whether they admit it or not they see each other's sales and accomplishments.

There's no way Game was genuinely happy about those numbers whether he's indie or not, and it's showing. Dudes trying so damn hard still to push this album.

But I know you dudes too stubborn to apologize or aknowledge the fact that when I mentioned this a few weeks ago you dudes thoight I was trippin. :lol:

All good man, it's just hilarious to see how this is playing out.

Last edited:
I think he expected around 100-120 for his first and probably around 60 for his second album. I still don't think those are disappointing numbers.

Not for us. Not for indies. Not for making money.

But for games ego and competitiveness deep down inside it is.

You don't see him anywhere celebrating those numbers, but it's cool I know no one here agrees. He hit a home run according to NT.

But when I told you dudes Game wouldn't be happy with those numbers y'all jumped all over me and told me I had no clue what I'm talking about.

It's not just about money man. I know he's indie and he's profiting heavily off these sales. It's also ego man, most rappers, including game, got egos. These dudes are competitive, whether they admit it or not they see each other's sales and accomplishments.

There's no way Game was genuinely happy about those numbers whether he's indie or not, and it's showing. Dudes trying so damn hard still to push this album.

But I know you dudes too stubborn to apologize or aknowledge the fact that when I mentioned this a few weeks ago you dudes thoight I was trippin. :lol:

This

Well he bout to get another 5k for that **** he pulled last night

Huh? How so? I don't see it. He's selling more than this 2 projects on a major R.E.D and JP. He knows what he's going to sell. Around 100k first week. He's not Drake, Kendrick or Cole. What he thought he was going to sell indie 500k first week? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] he selling just as well if not better actually than this last 2 projects on a major label. You guys are tripping. Games always do stuff like that (pic) nothing new. If he was disappointed as you are saying he'll be pushing out videos left and right for the 37 tracks he just dropped. Which other indie artist pushing 200k in 2 and half weeks and no radio play?

Back
Top Bottom