Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Can you elaborate how TMNT was better than Power Rangers, it was the GOAT. Power Ranger The Movie > TMNT (First One)
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I dunno, look at how much interest the 8 page Power Rangers retro toy post has versus this 73 page Ninja Turtle retro toy post
laugh.gif

New Power Ranger Toys Vol. TMNT's = old news
grin.gif
laugh.gif

*TMNT in general has a much deeper history than the Power Rangers. Ninja Turtles started off as a bloody, violent comic book that was intended for Adults.However, it transitioned into one of the most popular cartoons of the early 90s. (If not, the most popular cartoon of this period) They were huge when it cameto having many different toys and video games (arcades, nes,snes,genesis). Power Rangers, yes-they did have good toys. But not as big as the ninja turtles intheir era.

* At least for the Ninja Turtles, they were able to come out with 3 live action movies, power rangers had only 2. The og power rangers didn't even last 10seasons like the original ninja turtle cartoon series. (And no, changing into operation overdrive, jungle fury, and all that nonsense does not count intobeating out ninja turtles
laugh.gif
. Because if we are, we might as well countthe new Ninja Turtle series that came out this past decade. Even then, the ninja turtles still beat out Power Rangers on longevity.)

* The Future of Power Rangers vs Ninja Turtles
- Power Rangers just recently ended doing new versions and reverted back to the original show. It's great that they went back. However, once itends...they're not coming back with new versions. ABC/Disney has decided to end the franchise with the original show.
- The Ninja Turtles franchise will be revived again in 2011/2012 with a new CGI cartoon series on Nick. This series is basically a remake of the original1987 cartoon combined with the 2k3 cartoon.
- They will also reboot the Ninja Turtle movie series with a live action movie in 2012.

At least the Ninja Turtles have a future. Power Rangers? what can you really say? The interest level for each show is different. One is about to die off andthe other is still continuing.
And I agree with AquaGrape2345. They have lasted the test of time and may continue to do so.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

where are these becuase I just checked toysrus.com and there have none on the site

They have them in store.  I have to make a trip this weekend to see what their inventory is like, but last time I went (month ago)  they had the wave 3 figures.

so I checked out another messageboard on info about Casey Jones and this is the news
grin.gif

I am sorry I asked about Casey Jones too. He was not produced and will not be made. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
hmm I dunno, we'll see if this remains true...

they do have plans to re-release the 1990 movie figures later this year tho

1102226ut8.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.
ehhh..

This has potential to be really good or a big flop

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay
and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to
produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots
the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will
produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks.
The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he
started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie
Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia
LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an
outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for
global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same
time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners,
who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope.
While they've already set up several projects including a Rob
Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new
territory.
ehhh...i dunno

I'm kinda lost right now. Don't know whether to smh or cheer. Hmmmmm...

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.
ehhh...i dunno

i feel you. i seem to enjoy michael bay's stuff. but on the other hand, nickelodeon knows how to corn a movie up

Oh, wonderful. Nightmare on Elm Street, Fright Night, and now Ninja Turtles! I would like to thank Nick, Paramount & Platinum Dunes for turning some of my favorite childhood flicks into refried $*^%. The only good that could possibly come outta this would be re-releases of the original movies on dvd.

Back
Top Bottom