Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Thanks man
No problem, I should have mentioned that it'll probably be $255 like most other Jordan releases and not $250, my bad. Google conversion says $190 USD is $250 CAD but I just checked and the Royalty 4s in the U.S were $190, in Canada they were $255 and not $250.

Looks like the Pirate Black V2s are selling for 700-750.
So the Solar reds are worth more than the Pirate Blacks?I have one of those in a size 8... Trying to sell next week. Had someone flake on me from Facebook because I assume he got a pair on Saturday.

Do any of you guys know where I can get a pair of D Rose 6 or 7s on sale? Footlocker.ca has them for a good price but it seems to be all sold out. $85 for the 6s and $95 for the 7s. After watching a whole bunch of review videos I think this would be a good ball shoe to get my little bro because of boost and a whole bunch of other stuff I don't understand lol.

Edit: looking for a store close to me as I don't want to head to downtown. I live near York University.

Thanks
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adidas-Men-s...hash=item1c6a081dfb:m:m06ozoAbNIK1pkDuitFAW4g

i have previously bought from this ebay seller. Took only 2 days for me to get my package. He has Crazyexplosives aswell.

Looks like the Pirate Black V2s are selling for 700-750.
resell prices started high at 800 and now it's settled around 700ish.. I'm thinking they'll end up around 650 when all is said and done

Honestly, this seems to be the norm now for all yeezy prices.  More people selling than wearing.. and there's only going to be more colourways and stock that will further water down the market

So the Solar reds are worth more than the Pirate Blacks?I have one of those in a size 8... Trying to sell next week. Had someone flake on me from Facebook because I assume he got a pair on Saturday.
Also remember that the solar red/black pear started off pretty low. It was only a few weeks/month after that the prices crept up on them.

Also remember that the solar red/black pear started off pretty low. It was only a few weeks/month after that the prices crept up on them.
Still went for more than the other 2 colours.  It was the most in demand one from that release.  When it released, everyone was trying to trade the other colours for them.  I got lucky and traded the green pair for them on release day.

Would it bother you guys if some weird glue brown/caramel coloured stuff was underneath the insoles of your sneakers? I've seen complaints of general glue marks/ poor construction on certain kicks but I just bought some Saint Laurent sneakers and they weren't cheap. I was inserting a gel insole for added comfort/ better fit and on one of the shoes, the bottom seem so to be made of a semi cheap styrofoam looking material. There's some kind of substance which is probably glue but it looks like it's partially melted the foam and there's three puncture holes. I'm pretty OCD with my things but I feel this type of quality control isnt acceptable for something that expensive.

Last edited:
Would it bother you guys if some weird glue brown/caramel coloured stuff was underneath the insoles of your sneakers? I've seen complaints of general glue marks/ poor construction on certain kicks but I just bought some Saint Laurent sneakers and they weren't cheap. I was inserting a gel insole for added comfort/ better fit and on one of the shoes, the bottom seem so to be made of a semi cheap styrofoam looking material. There's some kind of substance which is probably glue but it looks like it's partially melted the foam and there's three puncture holes. I'm pretty OCD with my things but I feel this type of quality control isnt acceptable for something that expensive.
If you purchased them from a store (not from resale) i wouldn't worry too much cause it's 99% burnt glue.  the holes shouldn't be an issue either as long as they don't penetrate the outsole and is likely just a puncture they made on the fabric before they sewed it on the uppers.  Did you look at the other shoe, does it also have the punctures?

I would take them back to the store. (Assuming you purchased them at a retail location)

Last edited:
Ya maybe see if you can return them but I don't really see the sense in losing sleep or having concern for something so minimal. I wouldn't go as far as returning although I understand that you probably paid a good chunk of change for them but I don't even really consider that a "defect" actually. Most sneakers (high end or not) will never be constructed in an impressive craftsmanship perspective.

Last edited:
Anyone know what Adidas' version of Tech Fleece? Going to give it a shot.

By any chance is it the ZNE collection?

I'm not 100% sure on the comparison, but they seem to be similar.  I have the ZNE hoodie, and its a really good quality.  Hood is really nice too
I would say that ZNE Hoodie is the closest comparison to the Tech Fleece from Nike.  From my personal experience, I have the RM ZNE hoodie and it feels thicker than the standard TF hoodies (windrunner/hero models).  The ZNE though doesn't feel as plush as the TF and i found that the TF moved better with your body (has more stretch).  Both are good in their own rights (prefer the ZNE in colder months) but if i had to choose btw the two models i would lean more towards the TF if they cost the same price.

It also appears that the ZNE Road Trip line is their attempt at making something closer to the Tech Knit line given the weave of the material. 

If you purchased them from a store (not from resale) i wouldn't worry too much cause it's 99% burnt glue.  the holes shouldn't be an issue either as long as they don't penetrate the outsole and is likely just a puncture they made on the fabric before they sewed it on the uppers.  Did you look at the other shoe, does it also have the punctures?

I'm definitely being nit picky but they were bought online and not from North America so returning them would be a hassle. I do agree that it's not a major issue but I was concerned there could be a blow out of the sole or it would wear down quicker because of the holes. Oh well...

It's also only on the left shoe so that's why I assumed it was a factory defect. They're brand new unworn shoes so it's definitely not damage caused by a previous owner either.

Last edited:
I'm definitely being nit picky but they were bought online and not from North America so returning them would be a hassle. I do agree that it's not a major issue but I was concerned there could be a blow out of the sole or it would wear down quicker because of the holes. Oh well...

It's also only on the left shoe so that's why I assumed it was a factory defect. They're brand new unworn shoes so it's definitely not damage caused by a previous owner either.
No i hear you man, it sucks esp when you see these imperfections on a luxury shoe that cost top dollar.  in terms of a blow out i don't think you'll need to worry too much about that given the shoe doesn't have any "air" tech in it so you should be ok.  If anything, make sure you keep the receipt and if there is a blow out of the shoe for whatever reason you might be able to get a refund or replacement from the manufacturer.

Goto the Saks Outlet Store at VM sometime and check out the construction of some of these so-called luxury footwear and your jaw would drop at the crappy craftsmanship.

I knew a lot of these big name expensive shoes are BS for a while now. The last high quality made shoes I've bought in recent times were some limited Dr. Martens and a pair of Crockett & Jones dress shoes I got at J Crew when they first opened in Canada, all of them goodyear welt and Made in England. I would stay away from the Italian made crap they sell at Harry and Holts.

BTW the workmanship on my US made Wolverine 1000 Mile boots kinda sucks too but still very rugged with rough use.

Last edited:

Goto the Saks Outlet Store at VM sometime and check out the construction of some of these so-called luxury footwear and your jaw would drop at the crappy craftsmanship.

I knew a lot of these big name expensive shoes are BS for a while now. The last high quality made shoes I've bought in recent times were some limited Dr. Martens and a pair of Crockett & Jones dress shoes I got at J Crew when they first opened in Canada, all of them goodyear welt and Made in England. I would stay away from the Italian made crap they sell at Harry and Holts.

BTW the workmanship on my US made Wolverine 1000 Mile boots kinda sucks too but still very rugged with rough use.
Ya this is most definitely true. Although I would never compare the "craftsmanship" of a sneaker to a high end dress shoe or boot. Sneakers can be made very well but the whole base of a sneaker is usually a rubber sole glued on to it's upper so I feel a lot of sneakers would have defects of the nature of OP. No sneaker is worth retail imo and are almost always produced for literally a fraction of the cost. I like CP Achilles a lot but are they worth over like $600 CAD. Nope.

It's also not so much an Italy vs Spain vs China vs England kind of debate. High quality footwear can be produced anywhere but depends on the nature of the shoe. Like I said before, I wouldn't even really care about that above glue mark but OP has his right to be upset since he spent his hard earned money on them. I do like to keep my shoes pristine and I clean them regularly but don't people share the same sentiment that within a few wears, a majority of shoes will be BEAT regardless. Creasing, marks, scrapes etc. Part of the game dude.

Last edited:

I would say that ZNE Hoodie is the closest comparison to the Tech Fleece from Nike.  From my personal experience, I have the RM ZNE hoodie and it feels thicker than the standard TF hoodies (windrunner/hero models).  The ZNE though doesn't feel as plush as the TF and i found that the TF moved better with your body (has more stretch).  Both are good in their own rights (prefer the ZNE in colder months) but if i had to choose btw the two models i would lean more towards the TF if they cost the same price.

It also appears that the ZNE Road Trip line is their attempt at making something closer to the Tech Knit line given the weave of the material. 
I own both ZNE hoodies (original and road trip) and as much as I want to like them, they don't compare to Tech Fleece in regards to comfort and fit. They're both a lot stiffer than my TF hoodies and even though the road trip is meant for 'travelling to and from games', I would honestly rather wear my windrunner.

I personally don't like the feel of ZNE hoodies.  It feels stiff and I hate the thumb holes.  As for tech fleece...  I like how the material is softer but the quality is not the greatest.  They seem very fragile.  Not sure if it's just bad luck for me but I ripped one pair at the seams because the material is not strong and another developed a hole in the fabric. 

I personally don't like the feel of ZNE hoodies.  It feels stiff and I hate the thumb holes.  As for tech fleece...  I like how the material is softer but the quality is not the greatest.  They seem very fragile.  Not sure if it's just bad luck for me but I ripped one pair at the seams because the material is not strong and another developed a hole in the fabric. 
I'd agree that the the fabric isn't the greatest. 

I have a pair of the original tech fleece joggers and they started to pill like crazy after the first 2 washes (wore them twice only) which was crazy cause i paid full retail for them originally.  So far my hoodies have been holding up decent with some minor wear on the TF Hero hoodie but the TF Hero Aeroloft is starting to lose a ton of feathers.

But I can't argue that they feel good and the TF makes sense when they're on sale, never for full retail.

Back
Top Bottom