Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Does anyone ever go to the Tanger/Cookstown outlet? Going to be passing by it today. Were there any promotions this weekend?
There is a 20% off any one item coupon in participating stores in their outlet if you sign up on their website. Nike is not one of the participating stores but Reebok and Under Armour are.

Pretty weak imo

Were you expecting Yeezy 2's and AirMags to be there?
What other Toronto sneaker boutique has open it's doors with a list of various sneakers like this? I think they exeuted their markteting strategy very well. Shop is a nice size with lots to choose from.

Boatload of 7's, two 12's and a 13. Someone cleared out sizes 8-11, went there on Wednesday and the guy told me they just put it out and I was literally the first one to pick up a pair. Should've picked up a couple more pairs to flip haha.

Were you expecting Yeezy 2's and AirMags to be there?
What other Toronto sneaker boutique has open it's doors with a list of various sneakers like this? I think they exeuted their markteting strategy very well. Shop is a nice size with lots to choose from.
people probably just wanted less nike and jb garbage

Does anyone ever go to the Tanger/Cookstown outlet? Going to be passing by it today. Were there any promotions this weekend?

Had a friend give me a 30% off coupon for F&F at the Nike outlets... Was only valid over the weekend.

Only thing I was able to come across worth noting in terms of apparel were a few select tech fleece pieces in both mens and womens - Halton had womens tech fleece sweaters and I did see one tech fleece varsity. In terms of mens, they had a few random sizes left in the tech shorts in olive (mainly large sizes left) and a few tech tops (grey t-shirts) $25.

Halton had those multi colour flyknit too but only size 7,12,13 left on Saturday.

My brother was lucky to pick up the last sz 11 at Vaughn on Saturday afternoon.

If anyone is into those Air Max 90 Sneakerboots....Eaton Sportchek had them for $50 in the Infrared Ice colourway in size 9,10,12

they also had these for $50? I forgot the size(s)

Last edited:
Shows how much I've grown up and slowed down buying sneakers. I agree, a weak list and I'm glad outside of 1 or 2 shoes there's nothing I want. From a bigger picture standpoint the list is pretty solid and reflective of a lot of the main releases the past year or so.

Pretty much this.

--

Anyone ever think about selling like half their collection? Seems like the "sneaker bubble" is or has burst already. It's weird treating sneakers like stocks, though. I'm financially stable (very lucky to pay my way through an undergrad degree with no debt), so it's not like I'm desperate for $... I love sneakers and have built up a really nice collection of 60 odd pairs, but sometimes I feel like there's just a bunch of boxes worth a lot of $ just sitting around. Maybe a happy medium is parting with a dozen pairs or something. Vacation money or something, tuck it away.

Last edited:
Pretty much this.

--

Anyone ever think about selling like half their collection? Seems like the "sneaker bubble" is or has burst already. It's weird treating sneakers like stocks, though. I'm financially stable (very lucky to pay my way through an undergrad degree with no debt), so it's not like I'm desperate for $. I love sneakers, but sometimes I feel like there's just a bunch of boxes sitting around in my house collecting dust.

Already in the process of doing so. Have gone from 125+ (rolling), to just under 50 pairs.

It's just not the same anymore. I've become older (probably not wiser) and realized that I have enough of my 'favourite' shoes to last a lifetime.

So now, I have the stuff I love to wear, and have rid myself of the 'only wearing these to stunt' fluff.

P.S. The money is insane. When you see dudes clamouring to give you $1000+ at once for a few pairs of Jordans... It'll make you glad you decided to 'exit'.

STC HOH still has Bourdeaux 7s if anyone is looking for those, they had an 8 and 9 on display, they probably have more sizes.

AM95 OG Neons as well, $220 is bit steep, so I passed...

Speaking as an older NTer -meaning I worked at Footlocker back in 1992 to 1996 - the Internet and online selling was the first step in removing the magic for me personally - and then more recently - there are more people interested in making money selling shoes than there are people who truly love the shoes - way more.

Anyone ever think about selling like half their collection?

I've started being more aggressive in letting go part of my collection last year. I think since last year I've already sold maybe almost 40 pairs. Previously it would only be like 5-10 pairs a year. And hoping to unload 20-25 pairs before winter.

Although, it's hard letting go of PEs and those may continue to remain in my collection.

Last edited:
Also started to sell some pairs.. nothing as crazy as you guys but I'm moving to a small place soon so wanna get rid of some stuff I won't get to wear or grown to not like as much. 

I'm in the same boat as a lot of the recent posters. I'm in my mid 30's and lately I've been selling a lot of the impulse buys from the past few years. I know the question has been asked before, but how do most of you guys sell your shoes? I find Kijiji to be extremely frustrating as a great percentage of people who respond to my ads lack basic reading comprehension. Ebay has their ridiculous fees and you have to worry about scammers filing chargeback after you send your shoes. I know some people have had luck using facebook but I am not on it because of my job.

I wonder if a buy/sell thread could be created specifically for Canadians. Even if you made deals with guys from other provinces, you wouldn't have to worry about custom fees which are out of control.

glad buying multiple pairs of shoes didn't bite you guys in the ***** and are actually pocketing money...

it actually turned out to be a smart/good investment... :smokin

you guys have any lists of what you guys still trying to sell?

I'm in the same boat as a lot of the recent posters. I'm in my mid 30's and lately I've been selling a lot of the impulse buys from the past few years. I know the question has been asked before, but how do most of you guys sell your shoes? I find Kijiji to be extremely frustrating as a great percentage of people who respond to my ads lack basic reading comprehension. Ebay has their ridiculous fees and you have to worry about scammers filing chargeback after you send your shoes. I know some people have had luck using facebook but I am not on it because of my job.

I wonder if a buy/sell thread could be created specifically for Canadians. Even if you made deals with guys from other provinces, you wouldn't have to worry about custom fees which are out of control.

Is there a place you can consign shoes in Toronto? There's a boutique here in Halifax where I've been selling a fair amount of stuff and it's pretty hassle free. I just drop the shoes off, set a price, and they call me when they sell. I find people are willing to pay a lot more when it's sitting in a store than on kijiji.

Last edited:

so true! You say price is firm, people send you an offer simply with a figure that's 40% of your asking price; if you say ad is up until item is gone, you still get 20 emails asking if item is still available.

I still find kijiji the best if you have patience. there is redflagdeals BST, but that's not much better than kijiji.

Back
Top Bottom