Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Wasn't the plan to stagger releases throughout the weekend? Because of that I'm not surprised they held out with the OVO. Needed something appealing to keep the lineups/attention going for more than 1 day, especially with it being open 24 hrs over 3-4 days

Not sure if you can call it "screwed over."  Campers really based their actions on rumours and word of mouth.  They essentially gambled and lost, by no fault of Nike / Jordan brand

True but pretty ****** up of Nike/Jordan to screw over the people that actually buy their **** year round and camped out ! IF your gonna do that fine but just let people camping hey this is how it's gonna work and what's left over will be available to public

:lol: last night was a fiasco. Even funnier if they aren't dropping the OVOs yet. If they drop today I'd wager it happens after the that Jordan thing where you can reserve some launch shoes or they're only available that way?

lots of media at 306 Yonge this morning. 680 just reported 600 (!) people in line right now.

Still have yet to put a face to your name, but we probably walked by each other countless times last night. :lol:

Bit of a mess at the way they handled the lines last night, but it was great seeing all the faces from past years in one building like old times.

Overwhelming to take in the store with the madness in there though.

Not sure if you can call it "screwed over."  Campers really based their actions on rumours and word of mouth.  They essentially gambled and lost, by no fault of Nike / Jordan brand

Like last year at Drake's OVO Fest, rumour went around that he'll drop the 10s since he just made a surprised drop at LA for both white and black and people started lining up just to be shooed after a few hours :tongue:

Waiting in line for that long, I would at least like to know what will be available. Nearly the entire line, early in the waiting days (40+ people) were there for ovos.

Waiting in line for that long, I would at least like to know what will be available. Nearly the entire line, early in the waiting days (40+ people) were there for ovos.
i wonder if they will re-camp again in hoping to be 'the first in line' for saturday then. 

When the started lining up, OVOs were still available and being sold.  I'm sure they have a certain quantity of ovos earmarked for release every day, so they were probably uncertain what was going to happen themselves

option 1: Tell people lining up that they do have them for sale and they blow through their quota selling to VIPs, people riot

option 2: Tell people they don't have them for sale and people leave the line after being in line for ~10 hours.  people riot less (probably the best option)

option 3: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  essentially what they did, no blame can be placed on them

When the started lining up, OVOs were still available and being sold.  I'm sure they have a certain quantity of ovos earmarked for release every day, so they were probably uncertain what was going to happen themselves

option 1: Tell people lining up that they do have them for sale and they blow through their quota selling to VIPs, people riot
option 2: Tell people they don't have them for sale and people leave the line after being in line for ~10 hours.  people riot less (probably the best option)
option 3: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  essentially what they did, no blame can be placed on them
Well I'm not sure you can say no blame can be placed in them. The store and it's employees imply a role a customer service and proper representation of its products. If the store employees know that the vast majority of people waiting in line, in -20 weather, are waiting for the OVOs, they should tell them that they won't be available upon opening.

Anyone think that there'll be enough WC4s that they'll sit until Sunday? I'm out of town from today and won't be back until Sunday afternoon but hoping I'll still be able to grab a pair.

did they release more spots for the snkrs xpress for today?  used to say more spots will be release but now says full booked

I was planning on going during my lunch break with the line ups looking like what they do now. I might not get the chance to get inside
mean.gif

WOW! Very surprised they did not release the OvOs to the people who lined up.

How's the lineup / getting in to the store situation from now and on wards in to this weekend?

I was planning on going during my lunch break with the line ups looking like what they do now. I might not get the chance to get inside
mean.gif
honestly i want to check it out too, but if i have to line up just to look inside, forget that. maybe ill pop by at like 3AM lol 

WOW! Very surprised they did not release the OvOs to the people who lined up.

How's the lineup / getting in to the store situation from now and on wards in to this weekend?
I'm not...  considering the launch date is tomorrow and I think they are sticking with it.  I heard that they were sticking with it, otherwise I may have tried my luck last night to line up.

True. Can't put all the blame on Nike/Jordan. Partially the fault of the speculators too.

This. The first bunch of people got there on Wednesday at some point.

Blindly going in to be the first batch with no solid info to make the days to come worth it, you just have to chalk it up as a loss sometimes when it doesn't work out in your favor.

Last edited:

did they release more spots for the snkrs xpress for today?  used to say more spots will be release but now says full booked
I think it got booked up pretty much late night while feb 13 and feb 14th still say 'more spots available'

nobody on my 5:30 train bought anything lol

no j's left to buy at that point

Just got an email re: the 306 Underground (mine reservation was for Sunday 5pm) saying to "Verify Your Appointment Time". Apparently an error occurred where all appointments got booked for 9am.

Check your emails folks!

anyone on the 4PM xpress for today? hoping they have decent stuff for sale. if not ill be happy with just having to experience it.

Back
Top Bottom