Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

There are fights because people let their friends bud in line when they just roll up hours after everyone else has lined up. When I lined up for XI gammas I was not happy that people just arrive two hours after me and just cut in line because they "know" somebody. To the people that let them in line think about this - you waited two hours outside in the cold and then your buddy just awakes from his warm bed and joins you. If he was a real friend he would be standing beside you from the beginning keeping you company instead of using you to get shoes.

There are fights because people let their friends bud in line when they just roll up hours after everyone else has lined up. When I lined up for XI gammas I was not happy that people just arrive two hours after me and just cut in line because they "know" somebody. To the people that let them in line think about this - you waited two hours outside in the cold and then your buddy just awakes from his warm bed and joins you. If he was a real friend he would be standing beside you from the beginning keeping you company instead of using you to get shoes.
QFT

You go back to China or Hong Kong and buy a pair from a Nike store and compare to a pair you buy from a Nike Store or Foot Locker or whatever boutiques in North America (aka in your minds the only authentic pairs around) and in some cases the same shoe has some differences. The same differences that you see from copkickz pairs, Copkickz are based in Hong Kong so they get it from Nike Hong Kong where Nike make EVERY pair with heavy outdoor usage in mind and that's in stark contrast to what Nike Canada gives us, they make the pair with Indoor usage in mind.

Don't believe me, go fly back to China or Hong Kong and buy a pair and go compare.

I have a pair of 2011 Jordan 3 white cement from Hong Kong NIke store and also have another one copped here locally. No differences in material or anything what so ever.

This stuff happens everywhere! If you want to be mad be mad at HOH for not policing the line and not having a system into place when people get in line. Even giving out a number to people when they get in line would help people for cutting in.

It is what it is...

^ hoh has done a good job of policing the line before. during one campout, they used the camera footage to determine when people arrived after they were made aware of the line cutting. i suppose that only works for whatever part of the line is in view of their cameras though.

Anyone have any info if the FB mint "yeezy" Roshes restocked anywhere today ? I know they did state side . Looking for a size 12

Hoh does the best they can. Hoh toronto is not nearly as bad as the hoh line ups or fights that occur in the states. After all.....we are canadian lol.

Hoh does the best they can. Hoh toronto is not nearly as bad as the hoh line ups or fights that occur in the states. After all.....we are canadian lol.

What? I don't understand how anyone can defend those guys when they're known for holding pairs for friends and fam, blatantly lie about how many pairs they've been allocated and tell people they won't be receiving certain releases then later do a "silent" drop. When it comes to the policing of line ups from what I saw when I was there the hoh employees didn't even give a **** when ppl were trying to cut. If anything, the only person preventing cutting was this cop who was forcing these kids who were trying to cut back to the end of the line. I'm not surprised by all this but that doesn't mean it's any less disappointing.

Last edited:
2 years ago, I happened to be in Chicago for when they released the BHM kobe 6 and jordan 3. I walked into the HOH at around 8 pm the night before release, and saw one of the employees handing out tickets and taking down sizes. They didn't have my size left in the 3's, so I just opted for the kobes. I went back to the store the next morning about 5 minutes before open. The line was orderly, and everybody with a ticket got their size quick and easy.

I guess every HOH has there own procedure when it comes to releases.

Anyone have any info if the FB mint "yeezy" Roshes restocked anywhere today ? I know they did state side . Looking for a size 12
I believe that restock was canceled in the states with  no future word/ plans on restocking.

People in this thread sying they bought 3-4 pairs those arent all for you.

And you know this, how?

I purchased 5 pairs of Royals, and 3 pairs of Black/Red 1s. The 1s have moved up my personal list as my all-time favorite Air Jordan, and with the way its become so difficult to get sneakers in 2014, best believe I'm going to stock up on my favorite shoe(s) so I don't have to go through the hassle or pay out the *** for a pair down the line.

Last edited:
And you know this, how?

I purchased 5 pairs of Royals, and 3 pairs of Black/Red 1s. The 1s have moved up my personal list as my all-time favorite Air Jordan, and with the way its become so difficult to get sneakers in 2014, best believe I'm going to stock up on my favorite shoe(s) so I don't have to go through the hassle or pay out the *** for a pair down the line.
DiPlO, I respect what you bring to this community and your information has always been credible, but nobody needs 5 pairs of Royals brother! LOL I have worn mine fairly frequently this past year and, after a quick wipe with a cloth during rainier days, they're still in pristine condition (no scuffs or paint scrapes). You're going to get a crap ton of mileage from 5 pairs, like literally at least a decade and that's already a conservative estimate.. LOL

Wow, a lotta Gods acting like broads out here....

Here is my take on this situation:  This is not 2004 anymore, get over it.

Gone are the days of pre-orders and smooth releases. You'd be surprised to see how many "OG's" lined up for the Tiffany's at GDFT in 2005. You don't see those same people complaining now. You know why? They put in the work to build a rapport with store employees and owners over the last 10 years. Do the same. Whenever you go into your favourite boutique stores talk to people. You clearly have something in common. 

If you're new to the game, that's cool too. Just know that we all, at some point, have to soldier through those cold nights to make sure we're getting the shoes we want. Nobody's forcing you to cop these kicks, but if you really want them you'll find a way to cop.
jolly, I believe you missed the point that I was trying to get across in my post. I did soldier through those cold nights to make sure I got the shoes that I wanted, but there's a threshold that I think we've breached recently. A threshold that is getting increasingly, for lack of a better word, insane!

Of course, no one is forcing me to buy sneakers, but I tried pretty damn hard to get the 1's in my opinion and came up empty-handed. Basically 5 separate avenues to no avail. So I'm complaining.. LOL

DiPlO, I respect what you bring to this community and your information has always been credible, but nobody needs 5 pairs of Royals brother! LOL I have worn mine fairly frequently this past year and, after a quick wipe with a cloth during rainier days, they're still in pristine condition (no scuffs or paint scrapes). You're going to get a crap ton of mileage from 5 pairs, like literally at least a decade and that's already a conservative estimate.. LOL

True. Point is, my plans are not to resell any.

jolly, I believe you missed the point that I was trying to get across in my post. I did soldier through those cold nights to make sure I got the shoes that I wanted, but there's a threshold that I think we've breached recently. A threshold that is getting increasingly, for lack of a better word, insane!

Of course, no one is forcing me to buy sneakers, but I tried pretty damn hard to get the 1's in my opinion and came up empty-handed. Basically 5 separate avenues to no avail. So I'm complaining.. LOL
I definitely respect that and am sorry that you didn't get a pair. I wasn't singling you out with my post. Send me a PM. I might be able to help you with a pair. 

The fact remains, there's this attitude of entitlement that people been having lately. Jordan Brand or HOH don't owe any of us anything. Some of us will get pairs, some of us won't. 

What? I don't understand how anyone can defend those guys when they're known for holding pairs for friends and fam, blatantly lie about how many pairs they've been allocated and tell people they won't be receiving certain releases then later do a "silent" drop. When it comes to the policing of line ups from what I saw when I was there the hoh employees didn't even give a **** when ppl were trying to cut. If anything, the only person preventing cutting was this cop who was forcing these kids who were trying to cut back to the end of the line. I'm not surprised by all this but that doesn't mean it's any less disappointing.
you know what. youre right. 

You go back to China or Hong Kong and buy a pair from a Nike store and compare to a pair you buy from a Nike Store or Foot Locker or whatever boutiques in North America (aka in your minds the only authentic pairs around) and in some cases the same shoe has some differences. The same differences that you see from copkickz pairs, Copkickz are based in Hong Kong so they get it from Nike Hong Kong where Nike make EVERY pair with heavy outdoor usage in mind and that's in stark contrast to what Nike Canada gives us, they make the pair with Indoor usage in mind.

Don't believe me, go fly back to China or Hong Kong and buy a pair and go compare.

Don't you mean the XDR "xtra durable rubber" outsole? Don't think they have those on retro J's in Asia, only some performance kicks... I know for sure they do XDR on Kobe/KDs/Brons. A good example was the Kobe 8 Christmas (first version) which had a translucent outsole in North America release and a rubber XDR outsole for China release

to follow up:

emailed copkickz to get a refund/return citing flaws in the j's.  They came back at me with their clearly stated "no refunds" policy on their site

debated for probably an hour on taking legal action but in the end it's probably not worth the trouble, and it's not likely that it would be ruled in our favour.  Going to chalk this one up as a loss and put the pair on kijiji as b-grades / AAA replicas..

guys..the struggle is real out there but if you want my advice (from my experience ONLY and no one else's)

do not buy from copkickz

Don't you mean the XDR "xtra durable rubber" outsole? Don't think they have those on retro J's in Asia, only some performance kicks... I know for sure they do XDR on Kobe/KDs/Brons. A good example was the Kobe 8 Christmas (first version) which had a translucent outsole in North America release and a rubber XDR outsole for China release
Probably, I know the XX8s in Asia had them as well, I went on the assumption because when I got my cousin in HK the Bred IVs from here he look at it funny saying, the sole seems different from the HK release

to follow up:

emailed copkickz to get a refund/return citing flaws in the j's.  They came back at me with their clearly stated "no refunds" policy on their site

debated for probably an hour on taking legal action but in the end it's probably not worth the trouble, and it's not likely that it would be ruled in our favour.  Going to chalk this one up as a loss and put the pair on kijiji as b-grades / AAA replicas..

guys..the struggle is real out there but if you want my advice (from my experience ONLY and no one else's)
do not buy from copkickz

If you payed with PayPal you should be able to get your money back. If not though then unfortunately you're prob out of luck. Sucks it went down like that man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom