Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

can anyone confirm ever winning off an IG raffle? I don't even know how they'd be able to pick a winner from those

Very simple solution to ghost chairs.

Stores should take the chairs inside if (a) they observe ghost chairs OR (b) receive a complaint about ghost chairs and confirm that they are in fact ghost chairs. When the person returns, give them their chair back and DQ them from that release. Very easy to implement and very easy to dissuade people from doing it. 

Very simple solution to ghost chairs.

Stores should take the chairs inside if (a) they observe ghost chairs OR (b) receive a complaint about ghost chairs and confirm that they are in fact ghost chairs. When the person returns, give them their chair back and DQ them from that release. Very easy to implement and very easy to dissuade people from doing it. 
I'd love to see it happen but most stores and store managers just prefer to avoid any conflict whatsoever. Their goal is to get the shoes sold and they get that done whether there are ghost chairs or not. It would be nice to see an end to ghost chairs though. I only started buying sneakers about two months ago, excluding the insane childhood shoe purchases at foot locker, but when I learned about ghost chairs I couldn't help but laugh. I just imagined a bunch of people lined up behind an empty chair and I find it ridiculous but hilarious at the same time that it actually works. 

I dont understand how mans let that slide. If i was into camping i woulda thrown those chairs in the middle of the street.

Time out from the Yeezy talk and back to ghost chairs and FCFS.

I ran into this situation at a location doing FCFS for Jordan 1 (black and red) and when I arrived to camp at 1pm in the afternoon their were 8 ghost chairs and 4 people waiting. Some guy came up to me to asked if I was camping and I said yes, which he proceeded to tell me there was a list. I was like WTF, what list when it's FCFS. Anyways I thought cool I'll be 12th or 13th which I was wrong as their were other people on the list who were not owners of one of the ghost chairs which made me 27th. I got pissed and told them this list can't be honoured if people are not here now and who the **** are they to think they could do this. He told me they have jobs and can't camp out 4 days so they ( the person who created this system/list) did it this way and the manager is ok with it. In the end I did end up getting my pair and got bumped to 23rd ( ironic) on the list out of 27 pairs sold that morning. The guy doing the list knew how many pairs were being sold and gave the first 27 people a ticket with there size on it. Then he told everyone one else they can chance it and wait till the morning but this was the number of units they have for sale and they have been accounted for. Also the ghost chair owners did eventually arrive around 5 pm that evening and things went smoother than I initially thought. That was until some guy arrived at 5 am claiming he wont honour no stupid list and it's FCFS. That's when things got confrontational and a fight ensued and heads got into a rumble. The manager did eventually arrive at 6am and even though the guy who arrived at 5am was saying it's FCFS to the manager, he told him it's majority rule and he's honouring the list. Then another fight broke out after tickets were give out for sizes. Crazy but this is the current state of sneaker buying in our city for certain releases.

On a side note I'm looking for a pair of Jordan XI Space Jam in a size 9.5 or 10 and if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciate it. PM me if you do, thanks in advance.

Now back to the regular scheduled Yeezy program lol.

That is ******* absurd.

" He told me they have jobs and can't camp out 4 days "

Then don't............. Nobody is going to camp out 4 days to make $500. If you do you're a complete idiot. $500/96 hours = $5 an hour to sit on a sidewalk like a bum. 

Last edited:

My boy passed by Exclu just now and said the ghost chairs are gone. Wonder what happened lol
We know what happened 
nthat.gif

If people are going to make a list for camping they should honestly make it like they do for real estate when new housing developments are released. Basically they make a list of everyone that's in line and those people need to check at the top of every hour to maintain their spot in line. If someone fails to check-in, they lose their spot in line. This gives people time to eat/use the bathroom/nap/not freeze to death.

If people are going to make a list for camping they should honestly make it like they do for real estate when new housing developments are released. Basically they make a list of everyone that's in line and those people need to check at the top of every hour to maintain their spot in line. If someone fails to check-in, they lose their spot in line. This gives people time to eat/use the bathroom/nap/not freeze to death.
Stores sure as hell aren't going to manage that 24 hours a day and nobody is going to trust some random reseller that tries to do it. The real estate crowd is, how do I put this nicely, more refined than the kids buying sneakers to resell, so order can be maintained. Plus, since we're talking about millions in RE, the developer generally manages this list. 

Great idea in theory, but the sneaker game is too small scale for it too work practically.

Last edited:
That is ******* absurd.

" He told me they have jobs and can't camp out 4 days "

Then don't............. Nobody is going to camp out 4 days to make $500. If you do you're a complete idiot. $500/96 hours = $5 an hour to sit on a sidewalk like a bum. 

Ahahha these dudes are "camping" while at work. How have we let these things get to this point? Seriously need to take a stand against all this. In my opinion camping should be you physically in line and you don't leave for ANY reason. No piss breaks no nothing. That way you dont have these BS multi day campers and there is physically someone infront of you or not. No ifs, ands or buts. It SHOULD be a painful and enduring practice to lineup for a limited release, and that should be the price to pay to guarantee yourself a pair

Last edited:
Ahahha these dudes are "camping" while at work. How have we let these things get to this point? Seriously need to take a stand against all this. In my opinion camping should be you physically in line and you don't leave for ANY reason. No piss breaks no nothing. That way you dont have these BS multi day campers and there is physically someone infront of you or not. No ifs, ands or buts. It SHOULD be a painful and enduring practice to lineup for a limited release, and that should be the price to pay to guarantee yourself a pair
Yeah I mean if me "camping out" means me putting a chair in front of a store, I'll be there with my chair in 20 minutes 
laugh.gif
. It's stupid and completely unfair to the people who are actually waiting to get a pair. You leaving a chair shouldn't be able to hold you a spot. I'm glad to hear those chairs in front of Exclucity got tossed. I wish the managers weren't such *******, letting some goofs with chairs make lists and keep everything "in order". All they're doing is letting them rig the release. 

Hell, why not just leave chairs in front of a store the day a shoe release gets announced? Oh yea, next year's holiday 11s, well my chair has been there for 12 months! Like at what point is enough really enough?

Exclucity just liked my raffle entry pic on IG. Would be sweet if that was a pick for winners :lol:

Back
Top Bottom