Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

dude didnt look local so maybe for oversea resell. any jordans at outlets here can easily go for 2x in asia factoring low CAD

agree with you if its local resell margin is low. maybe sit on it for few years & in between pray for a celeb to rock it
I believe most of these people are buying and shipping to HK/China.  I was just in asia for 2 weeks (missed the JB opening) and they had a lot of heat for resell there but prices are 20-30% more expensive there.  ie NMD tri colors were like $350 after FX conversion. 

Just because there are so many fakes in asia but most of these people can charge higher because they know these places are authentic.

Uniqlo Canada just posted that their Kaws x Peanuts collab is restocking soon. No details yet though.

Do you remember what else was at VM? 

Sorry man, I did not as I quickly went in and out. Saw some apparel racks 30% off as well but didn't have time to check'em out today. If you've went the past weekend or 2, everything seemed the same to me besides those 5s that were there in the morning, hope someone here went today and can confirm again.

Last edited:

anyone here ever order from tres bien, if so did you get hit with duties?
you will almost always undoubtedly get hit with duties from any of the major sneaker stores internationally.

Paying for anyone's duties is not unsustainable for business.

That said, I prefer to shop off any sites/stores that ship with FedEx simply because the duties payment is ALWAYS cheaper. I'm talking anywhere from 20-40% cheaper.

To those that used Chit Chat express to ship a pair of shoes to the US, approximately how much did it cost? Thanks in advance

To those that used Chit Chat express to ship a pair of shoes to the US, approximately how much did it cost? Thanks in advance

It's been a while since I shipped shoes, but where are you sending and what are you shipping? I wanna say East coast varied from like $10-15?

Anybody bought from RIF.LA before? Wondering how much customs/duties I would get hit with. TIA
For everyone asking "will I get hit with duties from this store?", it has little to do with who the store is and everything to do with what carrier they use to ship. If they use a courier like DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc then expect to get hit with an amount over and above HST...this will be duty and brokerage. How much will depend on the value of what you're buying. Most sites have a Shipping/FAQ that lists who they use to ship. If not, go through the checkout process until you have to enter shipping info and it should state the carrier.

Anybody bought from RIF.LA before? Wondering how much customs/duties I would get hit with. TIA
For everyone asking "will I get hit with duties from this store?", it has little to do with who the store is and everything to do with what carrier they use to ship. If they use a courier like DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc then expect to get hit with an amount over and above HST...this will be duty and brokerage. How much will depend on the value of what you're buying. Most sites have a Shipping/FAQ that lists who they use to ship. If not, go through the checkout process until you have to enter shipping info and it should state the carrier.
This isn't actually 100% accurate.

Whether you pay duties/shipping has ALOT to do with who the store is - not just who they ship with.

99% of stores elect to proceed with DDU (Delivery Duties Unpaid) meaning you will pay customs upon delivery. However, there are select shops (like Mr. Porter) that will elect to build in duties/shipping into their product prices meaning your package will be shipped DDP (Delivery Duties Paid).

It's fully possible for a store to pay for your duties (if it is their policy) regardless of whether they use FedEx or UPS (I've had experience with both).

In any case, I'll echo the fact that reading the stores shipping FAQ should enlighten you on fees. General rule of thumb (assume that everyone is DDU) is that you're going to pay up to 30% of the product's base price (after forex to CAD) in fees. I'd email RIF to confirm that they would be declaring the product's MSRP and not the resell price.

Last edited:
Anyone know if theres any hype to the black sf-1 mid dropping on haven/capsule. Hoping i can jst walk in and cop it.

Anyone know if theres any hype to the black sf-1 mid dropping on haven/capsule. Hoping i can jst walk in and cop it.

dont know about you but these days & all this hype its alway "cop first ask questions last". admittedly easier if it is a chains store with good return policy

regarding mids vs high vs low af1 tho, mids always come last in terms of collectability

best of luck

dont know about you but these days & all this hype its alway "cop first ask questions last". admittedly easier if it is a chains store with good return policy

regarding mids vs high vs low af1 tho, mids always come last in terms of collectability

best of luck
Thanks. I was able to cop a 9.5 around 11:15. No more size 9. Theres still a couple 9.5 and other sizes. Tybg theres no hype.

Interested in swapping a 9 for your 9.5? Bought this morning from Livestock.
Sorry bro the 9.5 fits me perfectly. They do not seem as big as the refular SF-1's.  

The zippers are a huge improvement. Im guessing they will be putting those on the highs in the near future.

Sorry bro the 9.5 fits me perfectly. They do not seem as big as the refular SF-1's.  

The zippers are a huge improvement. Im guessing they will be putting those on the highs in the near future.
No worries, based on your first message I thought you were looking for a 9.. They fit me but could use a little more room.

No worries, based on your first message I thought you were looking for a 9.. They fit me but could use a little more room.
Can't you just go pick up a 9.5 somewhere and then return the Livestock ones? I believe they accept returns, no?

Can't you just go pick up a 9.5 somewhere and then return the Livestock ones? I believe they accept returns, no?
Livestock don't do returns if they designate it as "release product".

I also think that by end of day these will be gone everywhere.  Livestock sold out while I was in the store and Capsule's inventory went immediately.
I think Capsule's stock was gone 3 days ago 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom