Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Everything isn’t for everyone. We’re not all going to hit every shoe we want. If I strike out & still want a shoe, I’m going to just buy it, not spend real money on a fake to play pretend. That needs to stay off NT.
There is no superiority, there are real shoes, & there are fake shoes. Fakes are diluting & taking away what makes this special to begin with.
I actually agree with you, but we've learned that there's absolutely nothing special about the vast majority of Nike shoes today.

Fakes today aren't the same as fakes back in 04, so I totally understand why reps have become so prevalent in the sneaker culture. Nike has made it basically impossible to get shoes, so people are considering alternative routes to getting the kicks they want.

Fakes shouldn't have any effect on how special a shoe is to you, if it is in fact truly special.

Knew it wouldn’t be long before people brought in their salary, their bank account balance, their Watch, or what they drive when talking about buying a $150 shoe. Everyone’s lifestyle is different and financials mean differently for different people at different places.

Let’s just keep it about the shoes

There’s cool people who spend tons on shoes and total cornballs who spend tons on shoes, they definitely don’t make anyone better than the other. If this stuff got you that bent out of shape you’re questioning yourself and need to get fakes it might be time to take a step back from shoes

Valid points gents. Everybody‘s version of “happiness” is different regardless of socio-status or income. Some people are “happy” with their sneakers they paid resale for. Me personally, I couldn’t justify it, regardless of the income level I was in.

Shipped

IMG_2653.gif

asking for someone who owns olives and phantoms. is the suede the same? the olives toe box looks a bit darker than phantoms black. thank you

Buying fakes on purpose is lose/lose. Even if you tell people the truth. Not a good look to be so comfortable misleading people about what you can afford to wear on your feet. Especially as a man it’s extra corny. So quit goin around makin people feel sorry for you lmao it’s not fair to them.

Buying fakes on purpose is lose/lose. Even if you tell people the truth. Not a good look to be so comfortable misleading people about what you can afford to wear on your feet. Especially as a man it’s extra corny. So quit goin around makin people feel sorry for you lmao it’s not fair to them.
The problem is people assuming fakes are cheaper 😂. Dudes paying $160 for replica 1s. They are only cheaper than Goat and StockX, not Nike if you buy retail pair for the actual MSRP. So saying they are corny because they want a sold out shoe, and don’t wanna pay some loser extra money is unfair.

The problem is people assuming fakes are cheaper 😂. Dudes paying $160 for replica 1s. They are only cheaper than Goat and StockX, not Nike if you buy retail pair for the actual MSRP. So saying they are corny because they want a sold out shoe, and don’t wanna pay some loser extra money is unfair.

Of course fakes are cheaper that’s the whole reason why fakes exist lmao aint never been a time or place in history where people make fakes of cheap affordable sh*t tf is you even sayin lol

Yeah these fakes are “only” cheaper than stockx and goat … and also ebay and grailed and tradeblock and every single store, facebook group, groupchat, local meetup, literally every seller on earth that aint completely ******ed lmao

As a pocket watching enthusiast...

What do you do?

I made only $10k last year, a little less the year before and I still spent $3k on two pairs of off white 2s.

If I had $200k I'd be spending a lot more
My bad, did my comment about dudes spending hella on sneakers and driving in a Honda civic get to you? 🙃. At least you got a Type R?

Just take the L and move on. I don't even trust the resell sites and I'm not about to dish out $1K+ for the uncertainty either

Force a raffle system on them like the big boys and customer information is stored and verifiable.

Better yet, release products through a raffle system developed and run by nike. like EQL but with the added benefit of nike knowing how much of any given release that a shop gets and requiring the shop to put like 80% of the stock on the app for rafflle.

Imagine going to a forum for baseball card collectors and telling them to just print their own replica cards bc it’s all just paper, plastic and ink. This is exactly why counterfeits are disrespectful in any hobby
Can’t even compare the two. The amount of morons I’ve seen spending 1-3 bands on sneakers just to flex publicly is ludicrous. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, they’re driving a 98 Civic with 300k miles on it, have insurmountable debt, and struggle to survive paycheck to paycheck.

Just take the L and move on. I don't even trust the resell sites and I'm not about to dish out $1K+ for the uncertainty either

Nah you gotta shed a few tears then write paragraphs about how copping kicks isn’t fair, people don’t deserve them, Nike is mean, and then diss people who have the financial means to pay aftermarket prices for them :lol: that’s the NT way

Imagine going to a forum for baseball card collectors and telling them to just print their own replica cards bc it’s all just paper, plastic and ink. This is exactly why counterfeits are disrespectful in any hobby

You don't wear cards though. Generally speaking trading card collectors want pristine, flawless cards and want to do everything in their power to keep it that way. The lifespan of cards if stored correctly will outpace most shoes by far. The purpose of a shoe is to wear it.

Comparing shoes to sports cards is a reach.

Back
Top Bottom