Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

And when their store closes down or loses their account, like many of them have, they won't be missed (ie Blades). My money is just as green as the next person's. I'm not buying decks or other bull**** brands to get into your good graces. I don't job shame because you're out there earning a legitimate dollar but this feeling of superiority when it comes to releases like this is for the birds. Sneaker community allows themselves to get treated like hos on a stroll for an opportunity to buy.
It would probably already be closed down if not for their core customers.. I dont see these shops as having a feeling of superiority but more your sense of entitlement ego not being stroked. People will buy from FTL to get points, to get in their good graces, so keep that same energy for the little shop.

At this point with this type of release, you have to just walk in a skate shop and begin bidding for a guaranteed pair lol

It would probably already be closed down if not for their core customers.. I dont see these shops as having a feeling of superiority but more your sense of entitlement ego not being stroked. People will buy from FTL to get points, to get in their good graces, so keep that same energy for the little shop.

Entitlement and ego? No, but whatever gets your rocks off. 21 Mercer had the same problem. Now they're a shell of what they used to be. Stores that treat consumers like dicks let the market decide their fate.

And when their store closes down or loses their account, like many of them have, they won't be missed (ie Blades). My money is just as green as the next person's. I'm not buying decks or other bull**** brands to get into your good graces. I don't job shame because you're out there earning a legitimate dollar but this feeling of superiority when it comes to releases like this is for the birds. Sneaker community allows themselves to get treated like hos on a stroll for an opportunity to buy.

This is also a good take, and more in line with how I feel about the situation. The skate shops should relish an opportunity to have a new audience go into their stores. Nike is handing them red meat on a silver platter.

The first time I EVER went into an independent skate shop was for the Ray Gun raffle. There was definitely an air of superiority from the people working at one I went into.

I went to another one and was treated respectfully. I ended up buying a shirt while I was there. It’s one of my favorite shirts now! I didn’t win the shoes, but I’m glad I had the experience and shirt to remember it by.

They also had a really cool shoe selection of kicks I otherwise would not have been exposed to. I am not about to start skateboarding, but I will 100% support a local skate shop when I get the chance. I thought it was a cool vibe and experience.

I guess SOME of these shops simply don’t want to serve a certain community and prefer to keep their own little bubble, but that line has been crossed years ago. Rap, skate, punk, and metal culture do have distinct constituencies, but they also intersect in various ways.

Entitlement and ego? No, but whatever gets your rocks off. 21 Mercer had the same problem. Now they're a shell of what they used to be. Stores that treat consumers like dicks let the market decide their fate.
21Mercer was a sneaker store who's clientele are sneakerhead we're talking about a skate shop who's primary clientele is skaters. I see no problem with them looking out for regulars first.

A lot of skaters in general have that type of attitude 😂

there was a group of kids walking up to people in line and saying “you don’t skate, you don’t skate, you don’t skate” while pointing them out

he did it to my homie and my guy said “what I don’t skate cuz I’m not DUSTY like you”

😂😂😂

Wouldn't be shocked if some of these skate shops made more in the last week than they did all last year, u got dudes out here each spending $100s on shlt for extra raffle entries. Wild

funny because I saw someone in here saying Prosper was damn near a ghost town last year. But off this release, they made custom Trav SB shirts and bags and stuff to sell lol. Cash in on the hype.

Remember how the off white unc’s 1s wasn’t suppose to drop on SNKRS... but Nike ended up shock dropping them 2x-3x

they shock dropped ONCE, weeks ahead of its "rumored" release date that other shops later got. When they shock dropped, everyone assumed that they wouldn't drop again on the release date that other shops followed.

A lot of skaters in general have that type of attitude 😂

there was a group of kids walking up to people in line and saying “you don’t skate, you don’t skate, you don’t skate” while pointing them out

he did it to my homie and my guy said “what I don’t skate cuz I’m not DUSTY like you”

😂😂😂

Wow your friend is the real MVP. Legit laughed out loud.

I’m gonna say that most of the shops that are getting these sneakers have been around for a while. They’re not handing orange label tier accounts to just any business who says they’re a skate shop. Not even all of those accounts got the opportunity to receive and sell these shoes. They have the dudes that have been going there for years, and will continue to go there after this SB craze fizzles out. Then who’s gonna support those businesses going forward, once the trend moves on to the next brand/style? Support the true supporters, not these temporary collectors, or people looking for a quick buck.

now I’m with y’all on some of these shops backdooring pairs, that’s not what they should be about.

RIP copdate

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.27.12 AM.png

They have the dudes that have been going there for years, and will continue to go there after this SB craze fizzles out. Then who’s gonna support those businesses going forward, once the trend moves on to the next brand/style? Support the true supporters, not these temporary collectors, or people looking for a quick buck.

How many of their true supporters have Travis Scott shoes/listen to Travis Scott? Would they want a pair of these shoes if they were a GR pair? Whose to say these supporters aren’t looking to make a quick buck on the TS hype? It goes both ways.

Travis Scott brought the hype to the skate shops, not the other way around.

I’m with the folks that blame Nike. At least make the shoes available via SNKRS. It’s just a mess all around.

they shock dropped ONCE, weeks ahead of its "rumored" release date that other shops later got. When they shock dropped, everyone assumed that they wouldn't drop again on the release date that other shops followed.
in addition to the shock drop, they also did snkrs passes ahead of the official release

Black prestos of the 2nd ten would be another example. They shocked dropped on SNKRS. Just need that to happen with these

If you were a store owner, would you look out for the customer that supported you with a lot of GR purchases and word of mouth, or the customer that would just drop a ton of cash on exclusive **** and that already has everything?
And that will never go in again for another GR in the future. Doom, you and I see eye to eye in a lot of this. I appreciate you.

How many of their true supporters have Travis Scott shoes/listen to Travis Scott? Would they want a pair of these shoes if they were a GR pair? Whose to say these supporters aren’t looking to make a quick buck on the TS hype? It goes both ways.

Travis Scott brought the hype to the skate shops, not the other way around.

I’m with the folks that blame Nike. At least make the shoes available via SNKRS. It’s just a mess all around.

Nail meet head.

Back
Top Bottom