OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

]
Just a heads up, the FinishLine exclusive pair was pushed back due to port/shipping issues..... stay tuned. 

thanks for the update. I love the dark matters and was looking to get one more pair...thinking about the FL colorway depending on how the final version looks.

Last edited:
curious for your guys opinion, whats your take on people getting their curry ones signed then putting it on eBay for $699-$799 BIN prices? lol

^I guess I can't really say where I stand on this...  I mean, I do think it's a shame that you get something signed by a guy like Steph and then sell it off.  I know I would be keeping it.  At the same time, I guess if you had little connection to Steph, the game of basketball, etc and you would sell the item by way of auction that would be better.

I think it would be cool if someone auctioned them off and then donated or at least partially donated the funds.

^I guess I can't really say where I stand on this...  I mean, I do think it's a shame that you get something signed by a guy like Steph and then sell it off.  I know I would be keeping it.  At the same time, I guess if you had little connection to Steph, the game of basketball, etc and you would sell the item by way of auction that would be better.

I think it would be cool if someone auctioned them off and then donated or at least partially donated the funds.
Im the same way, i sure as hell wouldnt be selling it and would keep it. But i see people on ebay, selling/auctioning off items with steph sig asking ridiculous prices. its like, Steph took time out his day to sign for you, and the persons real intention was to put it up on ebay to make $$$. cant knock the hustle, but at the same time leaves a sour taste. but yeah, i might just be real salty lol

Don't see the fascination in getting some scribble. To sell that is just selfish and disrespectful.

I'd be cool with just a picture with him and I. Would even be cool to randomly see him at a gas station or grocery store :lol:. Would have him sign my Curry One if I had them on me and if he's willing to sign them. That memory will last forever than anything. Money can't buy.

Last edited:
Wish you could use the Champs/FTL bday coupon on these. Really want to get a pair for ball.

People trying to sell for profit is a big reason why a lot of athletes don't want to sign things.  Like most of you, if I make the effort to get something signed, it's for the experience and memories and to keep the things.  I've never been a big fan of getting autographs anyways, but I wouldn't mind pictures at all. 

I don't really know about people doing it to make money, but I know I would never pay that much, if anything, for a signed item.  It's funny because I recently saw a pic Damian Lillard posted.  He had signed some shoes for someone and took a pic with him, then he saw that guy posted those shoes for sale.  He captioned it "Good deed gone bad?".

Definitely leaves a sour taste seeing someone getting their stuff signed only to post em up for sale later that day. It doesn't really affect me I've never been a signature chaser but I see it as taking a collectible plus a memory away from a kid who it would mean everything to.

I honestly see it like this, the guy signing already got his money. Its not like he loses anything if his signature gets sold. Its actually as if he's giving out free currency. If the guy selling needs money more than a memory, I say go for it. I mean, obviously if you don't need the $$, share the wealth, help make a kids day or something. But like in the case of the Dame thing, from what I understand from that situation, he just popped in. Wasn't like guy chased him down for it just to flip it. To me it'd be like having a winning lottery ticket, even for a small amount, and framing it just to remember I won instead of cashing it in. Just my 2cents. I mean,yes we all idolize these guys, but in the end cash is important to a lot of people, even them. So I get why some people sell as much as I get why some would never.

Last edited:

thanks fellas. repped.

I always think its whack when someone at Champs gives you a hard time for the coupon. Those stores usually have the WORST customer service.
In NYC, 34th st is the only FTL where they let you use them every time with no questions asked. Maybe because its always so busy. I try to only go here when buying in store.

Last edited:
Has anyone played in both Micro G and BOOST (adidas)? Wondering which one they prefer, longevity with both, impact protection etc.

I've heard great things about Boost in the runners but don't know much about them in hoop shoes. Wondering if Micro G outdoes thay, too...

Anyone got updates on when the Lows might drop? Only versions I'm interested in grabbing.

Clutchfit Drive to Rose V comparison. Longevity probably the same but I think impact protection goes to the Boost, has X bar for added support and spring back. I don't like the upper on the Rose though compared to clutchfit so hard to like them over the Drives. You can get the Bad Dream Rose V on adidas for $70, less with 15% code, to try out.

I love boost for running and casual and I do like it in the Rose 5, but I don't know... still would take micro G I think.  It's a tough call.  If the boost was implemented a little bit differently it may win me over.

I actually hooped for a bit in the Adidas Energy Boost Volley.  A vball specific boost shoe that felt just awesome on court!  I ultimately had to sell them though... the traction pattern that obviously wasn't for hoops picked up dust too quickly

This is the shoe: http://www.adidas.ca/en/mens-energy-boost-volley-shoes/M19909.html

thapointguy thapointguy and iks mod iks mod

Thanks fellas - I appreciate yalls perspective regarding the comparison. I had heard really good things about Boost, and I've owned CFDs, so I wanted perspective from people who had hooped in both so that was perfect.

Part of me regrets copping a pair of Curry 1s and not getting another pair of CFDs after I gave away my pair a while ago. At the same time, I'm equally curious as to how the Currys perform knowing how CFDs are. It's a weird place to be caught in-between.

Now that you guys know my feelings... lol. That's why I'm asking all these comparisons though - mostly because I feel I'd be letting myself down if I didn't grab another pair of CFDs and I know I know "why not get both?" but I got a few Js I got my eyes on coming up so tryna save here and there :nerd:

EDIT: That pic of the Underdogs was not posted when I originally clicked submit, then I saw my post and that above it and had to say.... WHY DIDN'T I JUST WAIT FOR THE UNDERDOGS?! Everybody been sayin' the Dark Matters look dope in-person so that better be true haha

Last edited:
I did a head to head vid about the CF Drive and Curry 1.  They are nearly identical and I don't think you should expect a completely different experience going from one to the other.

For me, I'm stocking up on CF Drives since it is simply one of the best performance shoes I've ever played in.  They are also becoming harder to find in terms of the colorways I want, and the CF Drive 2 doesn't look promising to me.  And obviously, the Curry 1 isn't done yet and the lows have yet to drop, so those will be available for a while yet.  If I happened to get into UA just because of the Curry 1, I would focus on those and pick up a bunch of the colorways that I like.

Charged is like a firmer Boost cushioning so you can skip on getting Boost until new models come out later this year while you play with what you got now.

I would've passed on the Dark Matter had the Underdogs released sooner. It's a love at first sight colorway. One more week!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom