**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Also, this is sort of related but I got this on me last week....

I was gonna get a US Soccer tattoo but settled on this instead :lol:

Maybe as the World Cup gets closer I might get a USNT tatt.

Glad to see Tab Ramos get a contract extension. I really didn't want to see him go to MLS... He's done amazing work with the US U20 team specifically from a technical level. His sides competed well with the national teams from other countries. He's really closed the gap of technical ability that's existed over the years. Very fun team to watch. He's a little old now at 47, but I could see him taking over the NT once Klinnsman is done. However I'd like Klinnsman to helm the national team through the 2018 WC also...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-u-20s-coach-youth-technical-director?cc=5901

Also never thought the US would get a shot at Julian Green. I love how the US press keeps referring to him as if he's American.

Green declined Klinnsman's recent invite to practice with his team & then accepted the German U19 invite the following week. Green also officially signed a pro contract with Bayern keeping him there until 2017.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-schoepf-sign-bayern-munich-contracts?cc=5901

Upcoming games -

• Friday 11/15/13 @ 3PM ET, US vs Scotland, ESPN2
  • Tuesday 11/19/13 @ 2:45PM ET, US vs Austria, NBC Sports Network

Last edited:
Roster for thegame against Scotland

Goalkeepers (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire)

Defenders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Michael Orozco (Puebla)

Midfielders (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (Stoke City)

Forwards (6): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Notable omissions Landon, Zusi, Besler, Brad Davis, Kyle Beckerman & Nick Rimando due to all of them nursing injuries. Looking forward to seeing more from Aron Johannsson. He's continued to score goals at AZ Alkmaar.

klinnsman is going no where.

agreed. see no reason for him to leave unless we totally piss ourselves in Brazil. and i mean that in terms of him not wanting to leave and US soccer not letting him leave. the man will get paid :lol:

Also - USSoccer announced today the USMNT will play Korea Rep on February 1st at the StubHub Center. It's not on the FIFA calendar so it won't feature any of our guys in the major euro leagues. Mostly MLS folks and the few guys from the Scandinavian league.

It'll be the first time we've played Korea since the 2002 WC.

dont matter what draw we get. we are getting to the round of 8.

at the minimum.

i am hoping iran gets put into a different pot than ours. i want them.

Last edited:
I actually like the friendlies where the established players aren't playing. It gives me a chance to see the other guys play & gives one a true indication of where the program is heading.

Demps, I'm with you. I'd like the US to play Iran too.

^^ Aren't we doing a friendly with them over there? I thought I saw a report a while ago....like the South Korea friendly they're another good team :smokin Wish we could get Japan though

Placing in here also...

FIFA today confirmed the pots for Friday’s World Cup Draw. The soccer organizing committee decided to put all nine European teams as unseeded countries (rather than ranked according to their FIFA ranking) into Pot 4, with one Pot 4 team will be drawn into Pot 2.

The United States is placed in Pot 3. They have a 25% chance of being selected into the Group of Death.

The draw will be organized so that there will be no more than two European teams in any group of four countries, and all the South American teams will be kept apart. Also, all of the CONCACAF teams are in the same pot, so the United States won’t be drawn into the same group as Mexico, Costa Rica or Honduras.

A pre-draw will be held to move one of the nine European teams into Pot 2. That European team will then be drawn against one of the four seeded South American teams.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/12/03/pots-confirmed-for-fifa-world-cup-draw/

Going to game against Korea... well against USMNT since im a Korean-Native.

It should be dope. will be cheering on for both teams. Glad i'll get to see Donovan and Dempsey :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom