**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

We look like some #$#% at the back.

Sascha's gone...he looked lost

Peirce is GONE...he sucks. Bedoya's out.

Rogers played well but he's out.

EJ is OUT. All he does is back pass. Granted he didn't get any service.

NO WAY Gooch starts.

Torres continues to make ZERO impact in the mf.

Gomez needs some minutes w/ the first team.

Leaves a really bad taste in your mouth after this. Especially after that last goal thanks to Sascha looking like he's 14 out there playing.

not at all worried, 7 of those guys who played tonight will NOT be in SA.

heath pearce better not be making plans

sacha
bedoya
ching
findley
goodsen
bornstein

robbie rogers impressed  me

my predicted cuts:
Pearce
Bornstein
Kljestan
Buddle (sad to say)
EJ
Bedoya
Rogers

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

NO WAY Gooch starts.

Leaves a really bad taste in your mouth after this. Especially after that last goal thanks to Sascha looking like he's 14 out there playing.

What makes you say that? He seemed to be the only one out there who could handle the ball being at his feet with opposing players
around him and not panic. He's very calm on the ball which is exactly what the US team needs instead of guys launching the ball
40 yards down the field every time a pass isn't immediately available.

Guys like Dempsey and Donovan should like playing with Torres cause he usually has his head up and he can complete passes.

If they play like this on saturday be very afraid.

My take on the game.

These were backups and players who won't make it with the rest of the team to SA. But even though I wouldve like to see our midfield and defense play more alert and with better ball control, vision, and passing atleast they showed some resilence when needed. Also to much corrective mistakes were made (exp. Edu over playing the header on the goal to clinch the game.) but with that said, this was the j.v. team that took the field today. If we see a performance like this come Saturday "be very afraid".

herc looked good.. whoever mentioned the crosses wast lying.. that was killing me the whole game.. speaking of herc never realized my man was running around looking like the mex Obama

Relax fellas. Warm up game. Gooch has not played in 7 months. In all honesty I think Herc get to go to SA with that goal. Holden was impressive, but Torres for me played the best. He has patience, skill and above all field vision which you cant teach. He need to be on the plane to SA. I hope this game makes BOB realize that his boys Sacha and JB are trash. I am not worried at all. This was a warmup game, and Bob need it to confirm who he was going to take and who gets cut. I think Buddle still makes the team.

LET GO USA!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

heath pearce better not be making plans

sacha
bedoya
ching
findley
goodsen
bornstein

robbie rogers impressed  me
You didn't like how Goodson and Ching played today?  I think they're pretty much locks at this point.  

we didnt see findley play.

and i read that he was a reserve so im guessing he out right?

plus with brian ching he just made that one pass to herculez that made me wow, but besides that i didnt see that much effort.

i still think they should take buddle and herculez. i just think that ching should be on that plane.

looked so soft out there and our d was
smh.gif

excited to see the final cuts. (when do they release them
nerd.gif
)

starting to really get excited for the WC

dont know how im typing this, but Ching NEEDS a tickets to SA.

Dolo - you know what you get from him every game and this game was no different.
Gooch - he looked nervous to jump, granted the opposing player jumped on him, but we should see the Gooch we know next game.
Goodson - other than that little mistake he made that led to the goal, I liked his play from set pieces on both sides of the ball.
Bornstein - I was liking what i was seeing from him up until the point when the opposing player did the "self-pass", after that it was downhill.

Stuart - towards the end of the game his crosses were low, but that has something to do with fatigue, good game.
Edu - should of read the ball better, but im still blaming that goal on klejestan, solid game.
Torres - calm, composed, can read his teammates.
Beasley - he has that speed, but i just wished we would of ran the ball more on his side.

E.Johnson - get out.
E.Buddle - i liked the pressure he was trying to put on the defenders, but didnt really see much.

Herculez - you already know what it is
pimp.gif

Ching - seemed to know what he was doing, it looks like he has improved his receiving and holding. I dont think he lost a ball.
Bedoya - didnt really see much.
Rogers - he actually had an alright game.
klejstan - smh.
Pierce - my dude let me down with that slide, ill still take him over bornstein though.

Originally Posted by gabers

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

NO WAY Gooch starts.

What makes you say that? He seemed to be the only one out there who could handle the ball being at his feet with opposing players
around him and not panic. He's very calm on the ball which is exactly what the US team needs instead of guys launching the ball
40 yards down the field every time a pass isn't immediately available.

Guys like Dempsey and Donovan should like playing with Torres cause he usually has his head up and he can complete passes.
He has yet to impress (imo). He refuses to get forward and take the space in front of him, he never takes anybody on. I know he's skilled and composed on the ball but he never uses his skill to create chances or take people on. He's also undersized but without the pace (i.e. Landy) to make up for it, he gets sucked into the mf and eventually disappears. I think he's an above average passer, but I think he'd be more of an asset if he were more offensive minded. Right now, he isn't. He hasn't showed me anything Benny or Mo haven't. Torres shouldn't be starting, and although I haven't seen what kinda form Benny is in currently, I'd almost wanna play him over Torres too.

Holden or Beas----------MB------------Edu--------------Landon

i dont see findley being let go. i felt BB was playing people he wanted to get a look at in game situations and played others who needed fitness (gooch, holden). the people who didnt see the field who were on the bench (rico, findley, marcus, spector, and marshall) are somewhat of a lock. i could be completely wrong, but if i was a coach and i had doubts of people, i wouldn't leave them on the bench.

ESPN 1:20PM EST is when the final 23 is announced.

I am struggling to understand why Bradley won't move Lando up to the front line beside Jozy since no other forward is capable of providing what we need up there. It's not like he's never done it, and we actually have some decent depth in the mid-field that could be alright behind him.

I know they like to think that he can give us run outs and start the counter attack, but it really just doesn't happen and I think he tends to not get the ball enough in the mid-field while it just gets wasted when he gives it up to our weak-#%@ forwards.

Throw him up front and you solve your CD problem in a snap.

I think Gomez and Buddle both showed some nice things, but Buddle plays too much like Jozy to be on the field with him and Gomez can only be seen as a backup to me right now.

Our defense blows, and will blow I'm afraid. Gooch was never a great defender to begin with, he does not look like he'll be in form in another couple of weeks. Sorry for him because I do like him as a person, but let's not waste a roster spot on a guy who is still limping around with a week left in May.

Rogers needs to be brought I believe. I've been in his fan club for awhile I guess, but it's obvious that he's one of the only guys in the mid-field that could come off the bench and actually provide a spark, not just hold the fort. He's not as overall strong a player as Holden, but he's capable of beating the guy in front of him and putting the ball in some crazy spots for guys like Jozy to get a head on. I think we need to be looking in that kind of direction, because we're not good enough to simply go over there and try to play it safe and hang around in games. Our defense is too weak to not be putting pressure on the other team's defense.

Bob has some tough decisions ahead of him, but ultimately he's deciding between a bunch of guys that won't see the field all that much anyhow so i'm not going to get too worked up over whatever he decides unless he does leave Rogers off - which I think he may.

But I'd really like to see him have some surprises for us in the next few weeks. It's obvious we aren't ready to make much noise in this thing, let's shake things up.

^^^I see your point, but If I am Bradley, how can you leave either Buddle or Gomez out? They both played well as did Ching. You cant take 5 forwards to a WC?

Alti-goal

Buddle

Gomez

Ching if he takes 4. Minus Ching if he takes 3.

Landon is best playing CAM. We see it in LA, and we saw it at Everton. I don't mind him up top so much, but we have Deuce who can play next to Alti-goal, and we can leave Donovan at his best position. Gooch looked shaky at times(especially on the header) being that he was out for 7 months with the injury, but he still needs to be on the plane to South Africa because he is the 2nd best defender on the team. DMB played his way on the team leaving Bedoya odd man looking in. Herc, Herc, dude can score is all I can say. Look at him and look at a guy like Johnson. Heartless talent ala VC or T-MAC in the NBA vs heart, passion, desire. ADV: GOMEZ.
Here would be my final cuts.

SASHA

BORSTEIN

FINDLEY

BEDOYA

ROGERS

MARSHALL

PIERCE

*I Promise that if they leave Bradley JR AKA BORSTEIN OUT, I WILL BUY A ROUND OF BEER AT THE SUMMIT!!!!!!! You got my word........lol

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

*I Promise that if they leave Bradley JR AKA BORSTEIN OUT, I WILL BUY A ROUND OF BEER AT THE SUMMIT!!!!!!! You got my word........lol
i will remember this.
laugh.gif

when there is free beer involved im always there 

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

i will remember this.
laugh.gif

when there is free beer involved im always there 

Ya dijo el compa

Back
Top Bottom