**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Rather see a game at Stanford Stadium than at Candlestick but I'll be there. I should have quite a few free tickets send me a PM closer to May if you're going to be in the Bay and want a ticket.

Damn, just us 2 in here? Where's deepinthajeep, I could always count on you & him in here with me...

Yoooooo PSK. So much disappoint, man. We looked awful in the first half.

Gooch and Brooks were absolutely awful. Bedoya, Cameron and a few moments by AJ were the only bright spots. Sascha played himself right up off that plane... As did Castillo.

Here's my 23 to Brazil as of right now:

1. Howard
2. Guzan
3. Rimando
4. Beasley
5. Cameron
6. Evans
7. F. Johnson
8. Gonzalez
9. Besler
10. Goodson
11. Bradley
12. Jones
13. Diskerud
14. Donavon
15. Zusi
16. Dempsey
17. Bedoya
18. Beckerman
19. Feilhaber
20. Gomez
21. Johannson
22. Altidore
23. E. Johnson

:smokin Can't wait! Iloooove this type of programming...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...espn-series-offer-look-team-starts-13?cc=5901

ESPN series on U.S. team starts May 13

ESPN is set to premiere a new series, "Inside: U.S. Soccer’s March to Brazil," beginning on May 13 and focusing on the U.S. team as it prepares for the upcoming 2014 World Cup.

"We want to show the fans what our team is all about," U.S. men’s coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Sunday while speaking about the series at the SXSW 2014 conference.

Klinsmann was joined at the conference by ESPN FC’s Roger Bennett, who is producing the six-episode documentary series, along with Jonathan Hock and ESPN Films, the production group behind 30 for 30. The series will air for five straight weeks beginning on May 13 and will also be seen on ABC following the ESPN premieres.

"We know there will be enormous interest surrounding this team as the World Cup approaches so we’re focused on providing an in-depth look at how the players deal with the stakes of preparing for soccer’s biggest stage," said Connor Schell, VP and executive producer, ESPN Films and original content. "The breadth and variety of content offerings across ESPN platforms leading up to and during the tournament will give soccer fans a chance to feel close to the action and 'Inside: US Soccer’s March to Brazil' is intended to capture the mental and physical demands of the U.S. players giving viewers a truly unique perspective."

The series will follow the coaches and players, including Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard and Michael Bradley, as they endure a demanding preparation camp and play three international matches before their departure for Sao Paulo.

Led by head coach Klinsmann, a World Cup champion as a player and former coach of the German national team, the U.S. is coming off the most successful year in its history. For the World Cup, the team has been drawn into the "Group of Death" against Ghana, Portugal and Germany. The U.S. opens vs. Ghana in Natal on June 16, followed by matches against Portugal on June 22 in Manaus, and Germany on June 26 in Recife.

"We have always said that the national team should represent the culture of the country, and the fans play a big part in that," said Klinsmann. "We are going to work extremely hard to get this group prepared to do something special in Brazil, and we are excited to work with ESPN to allow our supporters the opportunity to see the tremendous effort our players and staff will put in to get ready."

Klinsmann has led the team to historic results since taking over as head coach in 2011. In the past two-and-a-half years, the U.S. has won a record-setting 12 straight games at home, put together a 12-match win streak -- the longest in program history -- captured the 2013 Gold Cup title, and finished in first place in qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

"We want all the players going to the World Cup to understand the message -- this is your moment," Klinsmann said Sunday during his SXSW chat with Bennett. "Everyone wants to raise the bar."

Producer Hock is an eight-time Emmy Award winner whose contributions to ESPN's 30 for 30 series include "The Best That Never Was" and "Survive and Advance." Bennett is a writer and a broadcaster with "Men in Blazers" and ESPN who has chronicled the evolution of the US team under Klinsmann.

"Since 1994, I have watched with wonder as the U.S. team's profile has risen in this country after every World Cup," said Bennett. "The American players are hungry not just for victory, but for respect. That quest gives Jonathan and me an opportunity to capture true human drama, on the pitch and off." The U.S. team will play final home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria. The 13th-ranked Americans will host No. 93 Azerbaijan at San Francisco's Candlestick Park on May 27, then play No. 42 Turkey at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., on June 1. The U.S. faces No. 47 Nigeria at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla., on June 7 before heading to Brazil and the American base camp in Sao Paulo. Of the three opponents, only Nigeria is headed to the World Cup. The U.S. played Turkey four years ago in its final home game before going to South Africa. The Americans have the longest first-round travel schedule of the 32 nations. They open against Ghana on June 16 at Recife, face Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal six days later in the Amazon rain forest city of Manaus and close the group stage against Germany on June 26 at Recife. They will return to Sao Paulo between games.

:smokin Can't wait! Iloooove this type of programming...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...espn-series-offer-look-team-starts-13?cc=5901

ESPN series on U.S. team starts May 13

ESPN is set to premiere a new series, "Inside: U.S. Soccer’s March to Brazil," beginning on May 13 and focusing on the U.S. team as it prepares for the upcoming 2014 World Cup.

"We want to show the fans what our team is all about," U.S. men’s coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Sunday while speaking about the series at the SXSW 2014 conference.

Klinsmann was joined at the conference by ESPN FC’s Roger Bennett, who is producing the six-episode documentary series, along with Jonathan Hock and ESPN Films, the production group behind 30 for 30. The series will air for five straight weeks beginning on May 13 and will also be seen on ABC following the ESPN premieres.

"We know there will be enormous interest surrounding this team as the World Cup approaches so we’re focused on providing an in-depth look at how the players deal with the stakes of preparing for soccer’s biggest stage," said Connor Schell, VP and executive producer, ESPN Films and original content. "The breadth and variety of content offerings across ESPN platforms leading up to and during the tournament will give soccer fans a chance to feel close to the action and 'Inside: US Soccer’s March to Brazil' is intended to capture the mental and physical demands of the U.S. players giving viewers a truly unique perspective."

The series will follow the coaches and players, including Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard and Michael Bradley, as they endure a demanding preparation camp and play three international matches before their departure for Sao Paulo.

Led by head coach Klinsmann, a World Cup champion as a player and former coach of the German national team, the U.S. is coming off the most successful year in its history. For the World Cup, the team has been drawn into the "Group of Death" against Ghana, Portugal and Germany. The U.S. opens vs. Ghana in Natal on June 16, followed by matches against Portugal on June 22 in Manaus, and Germany on June 26 in Recife.

"We have always said that the national team should represent the culture of the country, and the fans play a big part in that," said Klinsmann. "We are going to work extremely hard to get this group prepared to do something special in Brazil, and we are excited to work with ESPN to allow our supporters the opportunity to see the tremendous effort our players and staff will put in to get ready."

Klinsmann has led the team to historic results since taking over as head coach in 2011. In the past two-and-a-half years, the U.S. has won a record-setting 12 straight games at home, put together a 12-match win streak -- the longest in program history -- captured the 2013 Gold Cup title, and finished in first place in qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

"We want all the players going to the World Cup to understand the message -- this is your moment," Klinsmann said Sunday during his SXSW chat with Bennett. "Everyone wants to raise the bar."

Producer Hock is an eight-time Emmy Award winner whose contributions to ESPN's 30 for 30 series include "The Best That Never Was" and "Survive and Advance." Bennett is a writer and a broadcaster with "Men in Blazers" and ESPN who has chronicled the evolution of the US team under Klinsmann.

"Since 1994, I have watched with wonder as the U.S. team's profile has risen in this country after every World Cup," said Bennett. "The American players are hungry not just for victory, but for respect. That quest gives Jonathan and me an opportunity to capture true human drama, on the pitch and off." The U.S. team will play final home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria. The 13th-ranked Americans will host No. 93 Azerbaijan at San Francisco's Candlestick Park on May 27, then play No. 42 Turkey at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., on June 1. The U.S. faces No. 47 Nigeria at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla., on June 7 before heading to Brazil and the American base camp in Sao Paulo. Of the three opponents, only Nigeria is headed to the World Cup. The U.S. played Turkey four years ago in its final home game before going to South Africa. The Americans have the longest first-round travel schedule of the 32 nations. They open against Ghana on June 16 at Recife, face Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal six days later in the Amazon rain forest city of Manaus and close the group stage against Germany on June 26 at Recife. They will return to Sao Paulo between games.

:pimp:

This is gonna be SOOO dope.

Damn, just us 2 in here? Where's deepinthajeep, I could always count on you & him in here with me...

Yoooooo PSK. So much disappoint, man. We looked awful in the first half.

Gooch and Brooks were absolutely awful. Bedoya, Cameron and a few moments by AJ were the only bright spots. Sascha played himself right up off that plane... As did Castillo.

Here's my 23 to Brazil as of right now:

1. Howard
2. Guzan
3. Rimando
4. Beasley
5. Cameron
6. Evans
7. F. Johnson
8. Gonzalez
9. Besler
10. Goodson
11. Bradley
12. Jones
13. Diskerud
14. Donavon
15. Zusi
16. Dempsey
17. Bedoya
18. Beckerman
19. Feilhaber
20. Gomez
21. Johannson
22. Altidore
23. E. Johnson

Came across this yesterday. But yea Sascha and Castillo are gone.....just.... :smh:

American Top 40: Projecting Klinsmann’s 2014 World Cup roster, 11th edition
BY STEVEN GOFF
March 9 at 3:17 pm

The latest: After a troubling 2-0 loss against Ukraine on neutral ground, Juergen Klinsmann will look ahead to the April 2 friendly against Mexico at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. Falling on a non-FIFA fixture date, European-based players will not travel and MLS- and Mexican-based players will comprise most, if not all, of the roster. More than 35,000 tickets have been sold, fueled by El Tri supporters in the Southwest. … The U.S. World Cup send-off matches are set: May 27 vs. Azerbaijan at San Francisco’s Candlestick, June 1 vs. Turkey at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., and June 7 vs. Nigeria in Jacksonville. … With two goals (see video below), Aron Johannsson raised his AZ Alkmaar season total to 24 in 40 appearances (16 in league play, seven in cup competitions, one in Europa League). … For all intents and purposes, barring a rash of injuries, Klinsmann has narrowed his 23-man World Cup roster down to 28 serious candidates. This list will continue to examine the larger pool, but many have faded from contention and others, such as the injured Stuart Holden and Eric Lichaj, are gone for good.
Changes: By default, Tim Ream jumps ahead of John Brooks and Oguchi Onyewu following the pair’s performances against Ukraine. Ream missed the friendly to remain with his wife, who had just given birth. … Jonathan Spector overtakes Steve Cherundolo, who remains out with injury. … Terrence Boyd remains ahead of Chris Wondolowski for the time being, but once San Jose begins play, that could change.
Eye on: Johannsson, the sizzling attacker who has a Europa League match this week. Could he push Jozy Altidore or Clint Dempsey for a starting position in Brazil?
Our latest 23 on course for Brazil (and how they fared over the weekend), plus the 17 seeking to unseat them:
GOALKEEPERS
√Tim Howard (Everton): in the 18, did not play in 4-1 FA Cup loss at Arsenal. Next: Cardiff City on Saturday.
√Brad Guzan (Aston Villa): no matches scheduled. Next: Chelsea on Saturday.
√Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake): 90 (saved Robbie Keane’s PK in stoppage time) in 1-0 victory at Los Angeles. Next: at San Jose on Saturday.

DEFENDERS
Center back
√Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City): 90 in 1-0 loss at Seattle. Next: Cruz Azul in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday, FC Dallas on Saturday.
√Omar Gonzalez (Los Angeles Galaxy): 90 in 1-0 loss to Real Salt Lake. Next: Tijuana in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday.
√Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes): No matches scheduled. Next: Toluca in CONCACAF Champions League on Tuesday, Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
— Contenders —
Michael Orozco (Puebla): 62 in 3-0 loss at Toluca. Next: Tigres on Thursday in Copa MX, Tigres on Sunday.
↑Tim Ream (Bolton): 90 in 5-1 victory at Leeds. Next: at Derby County on Tuesday, Brighton on Saturday.
↓Oguchi Onyewu (Sheffield Wednesday): 90 in 2-0 loss at Yeovil Town. Next: at Wigan on Wednesday, Birmingham on Saturday.
↓John Brooks (Hertha Berlin): in the 18, did not play in 1-1 draw at Mainz. Next: Hannover on Saturday.
Right back
√Geoff Cameron (Stoke City): 90 in 1-1 draw at Norwich City. Next: West Ham on Saturday.
√Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders): 90 in 1-0 victory over Kansas City. Next: Toronto FC on Saturday.
√Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew): 90 in 3-0 victory at D.C. United. Next: Philadelphia on March 22.
— Contenders —
↑Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City): 90 in 2-0 loss to QPR. Next: Burnley on Wednesday, at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
↓Steve Cherundolo (Hannover): not in the 18 for 1-1 draw with Bayer Leverkusen. Next: at Hertha Berlin on Saturday.
Left back
√Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim): 90 in 4-0 loss at Schalke. Next: Mainz on Saturday.
√DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla): 90 in 3-0 loss at Toluca. Next: Tigres on Thursday in Copa MX, Tigres on Sunday.
— Contenders —
Edgar Castillo (Tijuana): in the 18, did not play in 2-0 victory over Chivas. Next: at Los Angeles in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday, at Cruz Azul on Saturday.
MIDFIELDERS
Defensive
√Michael Bradley (Toronto FC): no matches scheduled. Next: at Seattle on Saturday.
√Jermaine Jones (Besiktas): 61 in 1-0 victory Eskisehirspor. Next: at Rizespor on Saturday.
√Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake): 90 in 1-0 victory at Los Angeles. Next: at San Jose on Saturday.
— Contenders —
Daniel Williams (Reading): not in the 18 for 1-1 draw at Brighton. Next: Leeds on Tuesday, Derby County on Saturday.
Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union): 90 in 1-1 draw at Portland. Next: New England on Saturday.
Right side
√Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City): 90 in 1-0 loss at Seattle. Next: Cruz Azul in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday, FC Dallas on Saturday.
√Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes): last 66 in 2-2 draw with Ajaccio. Next: at Lille on Saturday.
— Contenders —
Joe Corona (Tijuana): 90 in 2-0 victory over Chivas. Next: at Los Angeles in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday, at Cruz Azul on Saturday.
Left side
√Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy): 90 in 1-0 loss to Real Salt Lake. Next: Tijuana in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday.
√Eddie Johnson (D.C. United): 90 in 3-0 loss to Columbus. Next: at Toronto on March 22.
— Contenders —
Brek Shea (Barnsley, on loan from Stoke City): not in the 18 for 1-0 victory over Nottingham Forest. Next: Leicester City at Tuesday, at Watford on Saturday.
Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo): 90 in 4-0 victory over New England. Next: Montreal on Saturday.
Jose Torres (Tigres): 90 (goal in 83rd; video) in 3-0 victory over Cruz Azul. Next: at Puebla in Copa MX on Thursday, at Puebla on Sunday.
Central
√Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders): 90 in 1-0 victory over Kansas City. Next: Toronto on Saturday.
√Mikkel Diskerud (Rosenborg): Norway preseason. Next: Viking on March 29.
— Contenders —
Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht): in the 18, did not play in 1-0 loss at Leuven. Next: Oostende on Sunday.
FORWARDS
√Jozy Altidore (Sunderland): not in the 18 for 3-0 FA Cup loss at Hull City. Next: Crystal Palace on Saturday.
√Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar): 90 (goals in 16th and 37th) in 4-0 victory over Heracles. Next: Anzhi in UEFA Europa League on Thursday, at Twente on Sunday.
√Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna): 90 in 1-1 draw at Wacker Innsbruck. Next: Ried on Saturday.
— Contenders —
Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes): no matches scheduled. Next: Toluca in CONCACAF Champions League on Tuesday, Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
Herculez Gomez (Tijuana): 15 in 2-0 victory over Chivas. Next: at Los Angeles in CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday, at Cruz Azul on Saturday.
Juan Agudelo (Utrecht, on loan from Stoke City): 29 in 1-0 loss at PSV Eindhoven. Next: at Nijmegen on Sunday.

Surprised people like the Away looks like uninspired training gear.

Was't a big fan of the Home but I did think a little more fondly of it after seeing them in action last week. 

Was't a big fan of the Home but I did think a little more fondly of it after seeing them in action last week. 
I was sort of wondering the same thing. The away kit looks uninspired with the sideways French flag 
laugh.gif

if only nike would of filled in that white bar with a screaming bald eagle in a light silver color...like how mexico had some aztec thing on their 2012 olympic jerseys.

I was sort of wondering the same thing. The away kit looks uninspired with the sideways French flag :lol:

The away just wins by default. Spend $90-$150 on a USA white polo....or at least something that is recognizable as a jersey. Its sad when im considering the home because i could wear it to work on casual Fridays.....

I wish nike would have just gone nuts with it...the US jersey has no folklore or history to hold to, like seriously put a bald eagle on it...bring back the dumb stars all over the jersey like 94. Make it a giant obnoxious USA Flag like some hipster shirt. Just do something

Last edited:
i think i'm gonna have to see this in person.. looks good in the mockup but the real pic makes it look funny, IMO.

will reserve further judgement until i see in person :lol:

@psk2310  I hope you lead your son towards being a USMNT supporter 
happy.gif

when do the WC kits become available??? I am fiending for the collard shirts 
happy.gif

Of course he's a US fan. I was going to try & get him one of the new WC shirts but both of them are fugly. The away shirts looks like a warm up shirt.

I got him a couple of Nike US soccer tees.

POSTED MARCH 18, 2014
Bayern Munich gives Julian Green permission to join USA ahead of Mexico friendly

BY GRANT WAHL

German-American forward Julian Green, second from left, has been given permission to join the U.S. on a non-FIFA international date by his club, Bayern Munich. (John Todd/ISI Photos)
MUNICH — You never know when you might walk right into a news story.

On Tuesday over lunch at Bayern Munich’s training headquarters, 18-year-old German-American Julian Green was sitting next to me when he found out that Bayern had given him permission to join the U.S. camp for its friendly against Mexico in Glendale, Ariz., on April 2.

U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann had called Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to ask for the club’s willingness to release Green. The game does not take place on a FIFA international date, so Bayern had to grant Green permission to make the trip.

Green is one of the most promising talents in German soccer, a forward who has risen to Bayern’s first team under manager Pep Guardiola and received his first official action with the first team at the end of a Champions League game against CSKA Moscow in November. His father, Jerry, a former U.S. serviceman, lives in Tampa, Fla., and his mother, Ursula, lives in Germany.

Green participated in the U.S. camp before the team’s recent friendly against Ukraine. As was the case for that game, Green will not be eligible to play for the U.S. against Mexico, but he will be allowed to train with the team.

Green has played for Germany’s youth national teams in official competitions but not for its senior national team. He would have the option of making a one-time switch with FIFA to play for the United States if he so desires.

FIGHT FOR 23: Beckerman, Wondolowski start strong in MLS

When asked if there was a possibility that he could choose to play for the U.S. at this year’s World Cup — and be tied to the U.S. for good — Green nodded his head.

“Yes, I think so,” he said. “If I can play a World Cup at 18 years old, it would be great, amazing. But I have to train hard.”

Green said Klinsmann had mentioned the possibility of playing for the U.S. at the World Cup, but the coach has not guaranteed him a spot on the World Cup team if he chooses to wear the Stars & Stripes.

“But the chance is there,” Green said with a smile. “I have to play well, and we will see.”

TAGS: BAYERN MUNICH, GERMANY, JULIAN GREEN, JURGEN KLINSMANN, KARL-HEINZ RUMMENIGGE, U.S. MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM, USMNT

Back
Top Bottom