**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

I wonder how Klinsmann will line up for Germany? Think he'll stay with what he's been using, go defensively, or try to attack?

Ghana had a lot of success going at Germany by constantly pressuring the attacking & middle thirds of the pitch with their speed & physicality. We don't have their speed but we can match Ghana's physicality.
Was thinking the same thing since Brazil is close to our country's size. I mean most of our players are used to flying from Seattle/LA to New York/Philly so I dont see a problem with travel. Fitness I can see, but I doubt the travel will be a factor if we under-perform potentially in the next round.

I'd be very surprised if Bedoya starts. He's run himself past exhaustion twice in 7 days. I'd say the same about Jones but he's a man on a mission right now. Would be very interested to see the distance covered statistics for the tournament, Bradley has probably run more than any of them. Either way there's no way we seen an identical line up. At this point it's more about emotional and mental fatigue than physical fitness in most cases. You go out there and get a result with the same XI and you risk going into the Round of 16 with zero left in the tank just a few days later. I think JK has done a fantastic job managing tactics and personnel the past six weeks but this is where the critics of his roster selection have a valid point. We need depth in the worst way right now. Brad Davis is a waste of a roster spot. If Green doesn't see the field he might be a wasted spot too.

Oh and I told y'all Yedlin could get us a result in the 70th min running at tired legs. :pimp:

I saw a stat that bradley ran 8km in Manaus, more than anyone on the field.

Klinsmann ran that 06 Germany team to the ground so don't be surprised to see the same lineup. Its like that opponent in FIFA who won't sub out Messi even when he's on red energy lol.

I think fresh legs and heart could get us a result here. Start every half german on the team, you know they'll be pumped lol.

Besides travel, the weather conditions are different all over Brazil so that could also affect us and/or our opponent.

Last edited:
The Germericans were sent here to help us defeat the Germans, like in T2.

Germany still scares me though

Back
Top Bottom