**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Cameron sucks @#$@, but everyone else played decently. You can't expect them to withstand wave after wave of attack due to our midfield giving up possession

when has the U.S. ever had a creative midfield? Claudio Reyna? I think that is too much to ask for right now.
Cameron sucks @#$@, but everyone else played decently. You can't expect them to withstand wave after wave of attack due to our midfield giving up possession

This has been said since at least 4 world cups ago yet average athletes that are not even good defenders have been placed as midfielders. If there is not gonna be any technical skill get some athletes in there :smh:

when has the U.S. ever had a creative midfield? Claudio Reyna? I think that is too much to ask for right now.
This has been said since at least 4 world cups ago yet average athletes that are not even good defenders have been placed as midfielders. If there is not gonna be any technical skill get some athletes in there :smh:

It's something we've lacked for a while and something we will need to actually compete instead of playing to survive.
Yea I saw that Donovan.

Been on sale for a few days.

I want the Black Howard Kit and the Red Jones Kit.

Maybe even a Green :nerd:

Where do you even find keeper kits for the US? I've found GK kits at the outlet but obviously they didn't have the name/number

I'm going back to my habit of only buying retired players/players who have been good for a long @#$ time now. Every time I try to support someone up and coming, it backfires horribly and they end up playing like trash :lol:

Last edited:
i need a black howard kit too
mean.gif

Bradley isn't a creative 10 type midfielder, which we were forced into. With Jozy healthy, Bradley plays his true defensive mid with jones. Clint plays his true midfield spot behind Jozy and Jozy plays that forward that can hold the ball and let Clint play off him. You saw how much better we looked when Wondo came on, put Bradley and Clint back a bit and was able to pick Green out on his run.
I'll have no problem with Bradley as a defensive mid in Russia.

Last edited:
Honestly not even mad. 06 and 10 felt a lot worst.

One thing those last 15 minutes did for me was give me hope. We could've just gave up after 2-0 but every player on the team stepped it up a notch and the youngsters proved their worth. Being that close to that tie will be all the fuel those young guys need for 2018.

We saw the difference in technical ability and class. We have all the guts and heart we just need time to catch up to the rest of the world with skill set . I guess thats why I'm not mad because we really gave it our all, but skill, experience, and knowledge, goes a long way in WC's and that only comes with time. I have no doubt this country will win a WC before I die. It could be 40 years from now but we have all the tools we need.

We knew coming in to this WC that this wasn't "our" tournament. The WC just happened to be in the way of the long process Klinsmann is working on. We played each game strategically to the opponent and unfortunately for us that means defending 80% of the time. I'm excited for the youth WC's and the Olympics to see what the next talent pool has to offer in the for our midfield. Can't wait to see these guys in Gold Cup and Copa America.

My takeaway:

We got revenge against Ghana

We escaped from a group where everyone wrote us off

We played our hearts out against a Belgium team that simply had a lot more talent than us

^ All of this without our best striker.

I'm happy with what Klinsmann has done overall. I hope the rumors of his contract are true and hes here for 2018

Yedlin will be in Europe soon.

Omar returned to the player we were praising last year but I hope he leaves MLS, he's wasting his prime years here.

Green needs time to grow. I think this experience gave him all the motivation he needs to get back to Germany and tear it up.

Fabian Johnson had a very solid world cup, he will be a big part of our future.

Last edited:
my thoughts from this WC:

- first and foremost, proud of the fight this team showed. lot of LATE GAME push from this team. lot of NO QUIT attitude. can't complain about that. it got us out of the group and into the round of 16. it's almost let us take BEL to penalties. almost.
- all of that said, i don't think we played up to our potential. at least not for extended periods of play. i would say portugal excluded, we spent 95% of this tourney on our heels just defending attack after attack. has to do with holding possession and getting that attacking midfielder than can lead us offensively. need that true #10.
- i'm excited about the future. what we saw from the kids (brooks, yedlin, green) was great. these kids came into big spots and delivered and impacted games positively.
- the back four did about as well as we could have asked IMO. beasley and fabian did well. besler was good. cameron had his gaffes but i thought recovered. and omar actually stepped up when called on. could they play better? of course. but they did their job for the most part and did it well.
- tim howard. nothing needs to be said here. he's our rock.

my biggest question going forward...where is that attacking mid going to come from? who's going to be the maestro? who's it going to be? i'm anxious to see who can fill that role.

Last edited:
Bradley isn't a creative 10 type midfielder, which we were forced into. With Jozy healthy, Bradley plays his true defensive mid with jones. Clint plays his true midfield spot behind Jozy and Jozy plays that forward that can hold the ball and let Clint play off him. You saw how much better we looked when Wondo came on, put Bradley and Clint back a bit and was able to pick Green out on his run.
I'll have no problem with Bradley as a defensive mid in Russia.
Everything on this post 100%
Klinsmann tried to force too many position changes. Bradley is only capable of so much as a 10. His normal role is to hold up the play, pass back or forward, and join the attack every now and then. He doesnt have that creativity to play up for a whole game. Dempsey is 10x better at the 10 spot. More of a threat with better shooting and passing and plays better off the ball than Bradley. If we would of had a healthy Jozy I believe the true formation of the team would be 4-2-3-1. Would of made our offense more fluid making Demps and Bradley play their natural spots.

The only thing I wish Klinsmann would of done different, was bench Bradley. Kept on rewarding him the minutes for causing all sorts of headaches for the team offensively and defensively. I mean I can see why he didnt, I truly believe Bradley is a great player, but you dont keep rewarding a guy who continuously screwed up...BAD!

Wish we saw more of Julian Green too but hopefully his career pans out at Bayern Munich or anywhere else in Europe. 2018 looking promising. I'm just hoping more US players keep developing their skills and we find a gem in midfield who has creativity we need at mid. Wish Mix had more PT, I really think he deserved a game or two in place of Bradley. I mean he couldn't of been any worse.

Overall the team blew my expectations away after coming out of the group. Could of been way worse. At least theres the CONCACAF Gold Cup next summer to look forward to!

Last edited:
Also be interesting what Klinsmann does with some dual nationals in the next couple years. Like Gedion Zelalem and so on. Defense is pretty much set. Guzan should be the keeper. Jozy will still be there. 4-5 midfield spots are the focus and it was really our weakness

Howard had 3 top 10 plays on ESPN and 5 were from the game itself lol. Reading a lot of international press and they're praising the US and the game itself. A lot of people saying its been one of the best WC matches they've ever seen.

Last edited:
The future looks bright. Besides green, Y and brooks. The under 20 has some potential game brakers.

Joseph Gyau

Junior Flores

Ruben Rubio

Erik Palmer brown

But the key guy coming in soon is Luis Gil. I think he can be that number #10 we so desperately need. Dude is a stud and I seen him grow at Salt Lake. He has that vision and ability. Well shall see if goes somewhere in Europe.

If Klinsy can get the kid from Arsenal, Zelalem :smokin

Jürgen Klinsmann is a jacka**. US would have definitely beat Belgium if Landon Donovan was there. They lacked a scorer, Jozy's absence was felt and a lot of horrible defense. I really dont understand Klinsmann's ideology. Im still torn and ready to tear my hair out.

Lets not overreact. I agree he should've brought Donovan as at least a sub, but other than that he did a good job with what he had.

Jürgen Klinsmann is a jacka**. US would have definitely beat Belgium if Landon Donovan was there. They lacked a scorer, Jozy's absence was felt and a lot of horrible defense. I really dont understand Klinsmann's ideology. Im still torn and ready to tear my hair out.
We'll never know, but it's clear Klinsmann went into this cup with eyes set on 2018. So it's not really fair to say he ruined the US' chances. Let's not forget Klinsmann's selections got us out of the group of death, better than most expected. **** Alexi Lalas.

The ONLY gripe I have with Klinnsman is not playing MIX. If anything he's a mid with fresh legs and could've made things happen.

Hopefully Mix Diskerud blossom's into the creative #10 the USMNT desperately need
nthat.gif

Last edited:
But the key guy coming in soon is Luis Gil. I think he can be that number #10 we so desperately need. Dude is a stud and I seen him grow at Salt Lake. He has that vision and ability. Well shall see if goes somewhere in Europe.

i'll need to start following this dude. if he has the potential to be a #10...truly will be key

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom