**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Came home to see USA lost after having the lead twice...

This team is becoming very typical. Having early or late leads just to lose or tie within the last 5-7 mins :smh:

Eriksen was a difference maker today, especially in the second half (outside of Bendtner & his frickin' hat trick).

US has never had a talented midfielder. One that's technically gifted. Until we can develop that type of talent, we'll never be an outright contender to reach the semis of a WC much less win one.

Our inability to retain possession & constant turning over the ball was an absolute killer for us...

the L's are whatever, its great to see the squad pull some results but losing this much and consistently in this fashion is getting old. Quick.

With the eye on the prize, hopefully the experimenting by Jurgen pays off and he turns over enough stones to get ready for the Gold Cup and then WC qualifying and he figures out a winning solution.

For the Switzerland game, it won't be adjusting, it'll be moreso WTF experimenting 
laugh.gif

Vignette prior to the game & highlights.

All in all, we found out that Jozy & Aaron can work very well together. I ain't mad at losing a friendly on someone else's pitch. He hung tough. Plus not all players were available.

We do need to solve for the second half woes, the back 4, & find a solution to better midfield play.

Also, need opinions. Which jacket should I get?

Agreed on all points @psk2310  

However, as many former USMNT players and pundits have pointed out, its a worrying theme that our past greatest strength in finish games strong is now our most glaring weakness (Benny Feilhaber tweeted this)

Jurgen needs to correct this before it gets out of hand. I'd also like him to fine tune and tweak the midfield so it can work at a higher efficiency.

I can accept an unimaginative attack due to the lack of technical personnel, but to not even be able to string together more than a few connections per possession is going to be our achilles heal 100% of the time.

The Bradley-Jozy-Johannsson goal was about it and even then that was a bit of a hail mary, same with the Chandler-Jozy goal.

And this showed with how exposed our defense was.

Is that blue jumper the '15 jacket? I like it.

Tbh, I would say get the newer one first; and wait for the grey one to go on clearance and swoop that up on the low when/if possible.

Last edited:
US has never had a talented midfielder. One that's technically gifted. Until we can develop that type of talent, we'll never be an outright contender to reach the semis of a WC much less win one.

Our inability to retain possession & constant turning over the ball was an absolute killer for us...

Benny.

Benny is that guy. He is one of the most technically gifted players in our pool yet JK refuses to call him up. Don't know why.

ya in Roseville man.

I remember in the Footy thread or this thread when the old 2010 WC jerseys started popping up in Marshalls and Ross in spring 2012, I'm so glad I found one again 3 years later 
laugh.gif
Good to know.  I'm looking for an authentic away jersey from the last World Cup, so I'll keep an eye out for one till 2020
laugh.gif

the U23's holding it down vs Bosnia Herzegovina 

I kind of really want to see Yedlin, Green, Brooks playing with the U23s; especially with the Olympics coming up 

Also, whats up with Haji Wright signing with NY Cosmos 
alien.gif

Last edited:
2015 USA home strip

Vid closing out the Euro friendlies. Next up, El Tri in San Antonio next week Wednesday April 15th (Fox Sports 1 7:30PM ET).

Back
Top Bottom