**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

didnt watch the game cause I was in class but glad we got that W :pimp:

The pitch though :x that's unacceptable b :smh:

Last edited:
Highlights from the US vs El Tri game.

MLS interviews Michael Bradley, Juan Agudelo, & Jordan Morris post El Tri.

Great MLS feature on Mix.

Last edited:
the story of how Thomas Rongen discovering Mix and how he was the jumping off point for all the duel nationals is awesome 

Pitch really was that bad the other night

I thought Juan Agudelo was excellent in his return to the NT.

It's obvious Jordan Morris has physical tools but I'm always going to wonder what if with him. Everyday that passes by, his peers and competition are pulling further ahead.

Rubio Rubin is nearly 2 years younger than Morris and is already an important squad player in the Eredivisie with 20 appearances and multiple goals and assists to his name.

Agudelo is only 2 years older than Morris and scored his first international and professional goals over four years ago.

Every forward called into this week's U20 camp has scored a professional goal in a first division league. Most of our U23's and Mooris' Olympic teammates are damn near seasoned professionals.

At this point I'd be shcoked if Mooris doesn't turn into a decent professional, but what ever level he reaches I'll always be asking where would he be if he had trained in a professional environment everyday from 18-21? How big of an effect will it have had on his development?

Last edited:
I think Morris needs to link up with a Euro club for summer training.

If it were any other D1 college, I would say bunk that. Leave school & get into one of the youth academies in Europe but he's getting a Stanford education. He's actually going to classes, taking his own exams, etc.

Morris looked fine the other day playing against a physical El Tri side (even if they didn't field their A players)... He did better than a lot of young guys that have less than 5 caps.... :rolleyes

Andi Herzog's U23 roster for this Wednesday's friendly with the U23 El Tri.

Morris in again this time for the U23's.

The game will be broadcast on UniMas and Univision Deportes Network at 8PM ET if you have those channels.

Goalkeepers: Cody Cropper (Southampton; Maple Grove, Minn.), Jon Kempin (San Antonio Scorpions; Leawood, Kan.)

Defenders: Christian Dean (Vancouver Whitecaps; East Palo Alto, Calif.), Juan Pablo Ocegueda (Alebrijes de Oaxaca; Riverside, Calif.), Boyd Okwuonu (Real Salt Lake; Edmund, Okla.), Shane O'Neill (Colorado Rapids; Boulder, Colo.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif), Sam Strong (UC Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas; Lawrenceville, Ga.)

Midfielders: Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake; Garden Grove, Calif.), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Benji Joya (Santos Laguna; San Jose, Calif.), Daniel Metzger (New York Red Bulls II; Holmdel, N.J.)

Forwards: Alonso Hernandez (C.F. Monterrey; El Paso, Texas), Alfred Koroma Shams (Austin Aztex; Southlake, Texas), Jordan Morris (Stanford; Mercer Island, Wash.), Mario Rodriguez (Borussia Monchengladbach; North Hollywood, Calif.), Jose Villarreal (LA Galaxy; Inglewood, Calif.)

cool gameday video of the USMNT game vs El Tri in SA...

for some reason, US Soccer has only posted Christian Dean and Mario Rodriguez's goals and not Jordan Morris' goal from last night's U23 3-0 win over..... hopefully this propels them forward as they head into Olympic qualifying 

Just finished watching the U23 match from earlier. Great second half from the USA.

After +150 minutes I think I finally appreciate just how athletic Jordan Morris. He's got a weird gate but that kid can move and is a big strong boy. I don't understand the point of returning for a Jr. year unless that means returning for your Sr. year in 2016 to finish your degree uninterrupted. He should be contributing in MLS or 2. Bundesliga right now.

Luis Gil looking and acting like a captain out there.

My dude Christian from back home shining. 
pimp.gif

This really wasn't even close to the first choice U23 group either. You add guys like Rubion Rubin, Julian Green, Will Trap, Emerson Hyndman, plus a few of the other more talented U20's, that's a strong squad. 

Not to mention more established players like Brooks, Yedlin, and Ventura Alvarado will all age be eligible for Brazil too. 

Last edited:
cool video on the current going ons with Bob Bradley and Stabæk.

I know I bagged on him during his final months/years? with the NT, but glad to see he's doing well

​
Chevrolet, the Official Vehicle of U.S. Soccer, is hosting two FREE youth soccer instructional clinics in your area for boys and girls ages 6-14 and special needs participants of all ages. Supported by U.S. Soccer and in line with its current development curriculum, dribbling, passing, striking and games will be administered in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere.

Former U.S. Men's National Team Forward Brian McBride will be the host and lead instructor for the clinics.

Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit the website NOW to register and secure your spot!

When:
Saturday, May 9th, 2015

Where:
Athletic Fields - The King's Academy
562 N Britton Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Session 1:
Check-In: 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Clinic: 10:00AM - 11:30AM
Snacks / Closing: 11:30AM - 12:00PM

Session 2:
Check-In: 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Clinic: 1:00PM - 2:30PM
Snacks / Closing: 2:30PM - 3:00PM

When:
Saturday, May 16th, 2015

Where:
George Allen Field - Long Beach State
1250 Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90840

Session 1:

Session 2:

When:
Sunday, May 31st, 2015

Where:
Thomas M. Gerrity Athletic Complex
440 South
Jersey City, NJ 07305

Session 1:

Session 2:

Registration is Easy!
  1. Go to http://ussf.youthsportsclinics.com/.
  2. Select "San Jose, CA" "Los Angeles, CA" or "Harrison, NJ" in the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter the password "usso"(all lowercase, no spaces) and click "Submit".
  4. Click "Register Now" for desired session and enter registration information. Click "Add Attendee" on the next screen to add players.
  5. Click the blue "Complete Registration" button at the end of the page to submit your registration!
  6. Don't forget to download the waiver (from the website OR your confirmation e-mail). Each child must have a completed waiver to participate.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Eddie. Hope he has a success in life outside of football. Judging by United coach Ben Olsen's quote, it sounds like people are looking out for him.

http://www.espnfc.us/dc-united/stor...eddie-johnson-set-to-retire-as-mls-voids-deal

More detailed info from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...halsti-return-trialist-decision-kickers-duty/

[COLOR=#red]D.C. United's Eddie Johnson to retire as MLS voids his contract - report[/COLOR]

Major League Soccer has voided the contract of D.C. United forward Eddie Johnson, according to the Washington Post.

Johnson, 31, is set to retire after a heart ailment was discovered late last year.

"Nothing has changed," United coach Ben Olsen told the Post. "Eddie is out with a heart condition."

The former U.S. international missed most of training camp and has not played this season.

The Post reported that D.C. United was unaware of Johnson's illness when they acquired him from the Seattle Sounders before last season.

With uncertainty surrounding when the Sounders knew of the ailment -- athletic heart syndrome, the Post says -- the league has reportedly canceled his contract.

The move allows D.C. to replace Johnson on the squad and free up salary cap space while the league works out details before officially announcing his retirement.

"A lot of people are looking after Eddie and trying to figure out what's the next move for him," Olsen told the Post.

Johnson began his MLS career in 2001 and played for FC Dallas for five years before moving to Kansas City. He was signed by Fulham in the Premier League before returning to MLS in 2012 with Seattle. He scored seven goals for D.C. United last season.

Johnson made 63 appearances for the United States national team.

One of my favorite recent moments from EJ... :smokin

Them Waldo shirts were so nice, or "on fleek" as you youngins say...

Last edited:
Great news!
now if only Julian Green could play for the U20  (I guess he's isn't eligible for U20) or U23s/Olympics.....
Pleased to report that Gedion Zelalem has been cleared by #FIFA to represent @ussoccer
— Sunil Gulati (@sunilgulati) May 13, 2015
Arsenal's Gedion Zelalem cleared by FIFA to represent the US and has been added to the US U-20 World Cup roster. http://t.co/Iuy0HdJA1r
— Brian Straus (@BrianStraus) May 13, 2015

Last edited:
Zlealem made his debut for USA last night in the U20 friendly against Australia down "unda". The boys won 2-1.

US Soccer's yt page doesn't have highlights up yet, should be available as early as later today & as late as tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom