**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Charlie
pimp.gif
Deuce
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

pimp.gif
CD9 back practicing.
[h1]Charlie Davies Aims To Be Playing For Sochaux By End Of April[/h1] [h2]The young forward is confounding doctors with the speed his recovery is going at. He is targeting a return to les Lionceaux’s first team by the conclusion of the campaign.[/h2] [h3]By Robin Bairner[/h3] [h4]Mar 12, 2010 8:21:00 AM[/h4]

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...For Sochaux By End Of April - Goal.com&src=sp

50796_news.jpg

Photo Gallery

Zoom

2009 FIFA Confederations Cup: Charlie Davies, Egypt - United States (PA)
[h4]Related Links[/h4] [h4]Teams[/h4] Charlie Davies has targeted the end of April as a potential comeback date for Sochaux after suffering a terrible car accident last October that instantly killed one of the passengers in the vehicle he was travelling in.

The American international star had a lengthy list of injuries but is well on the comeback trail, training vigorously and nursing only a problem with his left elbow.

“I think doctors are a little impressed,

I just went through 6-pages of this thread and I'm wondering why no one has asked questions about Jozy's form?

I watched this guy play twice at the 2007 U20 WC and he was probably their best player. Then he tore it up in the MLS. However, the guy has pretty much done nothing so far in Europe.

He's gotten his chances for Hull this season and has not played well at all. Granted, Hull are an absolutely terrible team and would likely be the worst team in the Premiership if Portsmouth weren't broke.

I just dont see Altidore having a very good WC due to the poor season he's having with Hull.

I think that he may have moved to Europe too soon or perhaps he should've joined a club that would've been patient with him and had better supporting players. He's now stuck on a team that is about to get relegated and can not afford to be patient with him in the final 2-months leading up to the WC.

If I were US coach I'd use a 4-5-1 with Dempsey roaming in the middle and Donovan playing on either wing. Finding an in-form CF for the U.S. will be tough. Jozy fits the profile but I dont think he's at the level yet where he can cause damage internationally. Remember that he started in all 5 Confederations Cup matches (against 5 good teams) and only scored 1-goal vs. Spain.

I think he will be fine come summer for the US. He can take away a lot from playing against the best players in the world, in the best league.

Very true Carlos Tevez. It's difficult to find your form as a forward if you're unable to get legitimate service consistently. This is the main reason I wasn't crazy about Jozy's move to Hull. Unfortunately, all that is water under the bridge now - he's our only capable forward. I agree in that we should put Clint behind him and see what happens. He wasn't in his best form before the confed cup but his physicality made up for it at times imo. Let's hope that happens again.

73 more days
pimp.gif

btw some guy i know who works for the galaxy said he saw onyewu last week at HDC and not looking good
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

pimp.gif
CD9 back practicing.
[h1]Charlie Davies Aims To Be Playing For Sochaux By End Of April[/h1] [h2]The young forward is confounding doctors with the speed his recovery is going at. He is targeting a return to les Lionceaux’s first team by the conclusion of the campaign.[/h2] [h3]By Robin Bairner[/h3] [h4]Mar 12, 2010 8:21:00 AM[/h4]

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...For Sochaux By End Of April - Goal.com&src=sp

50796_news.jpg

Photo Gallery

Zoom

2009 FIFA Confederations Cup: Charlie Davies, Egypt - United States (PA)
[h4]Related Links[/h4] [h4]Teams[/h4] Charlie Davies has targeted the end of April as a potential comeback date for Sochaux after suffering a terrible car accident last October that instantly killed one of the passengers in the vehicle he was travelling in.

The American international star had a lengthy list of injuries but is well on the comeback trail, training vigorously and nursing only a problem with his left elbow.

“I think doctors are a little impressed,

Call 'em up Bob!!!

He's scoring goals for fun....
Gomez helps Puebla to 2-1 win over America in Mexican Claursura

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS(CP)–1 day ago

MEXICO CITY — Herculez Gomez fired a free kick through the hands of Mexico international goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa to help Puebla to a 2-1 win over America on Sunday, ending the club's five-match winless streak and increasing its chances of advancing in the Mexican Clausura championship.

Guatemalan striker Carlos Ruiz put Puebla ahead in the 55th and Gomez doubled the lead with a powerful free kick in the 77th.

Ochoa, who started for Mexico in World Cup qualifiers, made a similar mistake two weeks ago in an international friendly match against North Korea.

Daniel Marquez scored in the 79th for America, who are struggling with just two points in their last three matches.

Puebla now has 12 competition points and retains a slim chance of reaching the playoffs from Group 2. Monterrey leads with 27 points, followed by Morelia (20) and America (18).

pimp.gif

Yeah Hercules is a beast at Puebla right now. Bob Bring him in ASAP! He can be the third striker behind Dore and Charlie. Any news on Jermaine Jones?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

J.Jones suffered another fracture.

he is out.
smh.gif

I guess its going to be maurice edu (
pimp.gif
) and Ricardo Clark (
sick.gif
)

Hercules Gomez and Edson Buddle>>>>>>> Connor Casey and Robbie Findley

I know its just the MLS

but dude is straight balling with the galaxy

Edson Buddle should at least be getting a shot in these next friendly's

Oguchi Onyewu sounds as upbeat as a cautious man can be.
The big U.S. central defender, who's been out of action since October, told Insider on Friday that his injured left knee is "close to 100 percent," and that he's still hoping to make his Serie A debut in AC Milan's final month of league play.
But he says he's taking extra care not to come back too fast and jeopardize his chances not only with Milan, but with the national team at the World Cup.
"Things are going really well," says Onyewu, whose original prognosis after the injury in the final qualifying match against Costa Rica was at least a six-month recovery period. "Everything is still ahead of schedule in terms of the whole process."
But he adds, "We're being very cautious."
Other players, including Jermaine Jones and Maurice Edu, have hurt themselves by coming back too soon from injuries. Onyewu understands the impulse to hurry back, but won't take any chances. "It's happened to so many people," he says. "You want to get out there and do your job, but your body might feel better than it actually is."
So despite having been able to work out on a limited basis with the national team ahead of the squad's friendly in Amsterdam in early March, Onyewu is being extra deliberate.
Earlier this month, he visited Los Angeles, where he was evaluated by Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, the physician who operated on his torn patellar tendon. "I went there so he could take a look before the last phase of the whole rehab, before I start in with field training and doing everything with the ball," he said. "The surgeon knows better than anyone else how things are supposed to look."
And for now, things are looking up -- though Onyewu is cagey about when he'll be back in full training.
"I'm not going to put any deadlines on anything," he said, "but right now, I'm fine-tuning. I'm just about ready."

^^^We need Goch back to for the backline. Buddle? wow he's always had the talent, finally got it together. Bob better bring him and Herculez in, and see what these guys can do in the games coming up. We need another forward in case Charlie is not able to play 100%. Disappointing to hear the news about J.J. but at least Midfield is where we are the deepest.

Cant wait!!! for England!

vamos USA!

[h1]Landon Donovan: Edson Buddle and Herculez Gomez deserve a look for US World Cup training camp[/h1]
RONALD BLUM AP Sports Writer
April 14, 2010 | 5:31 p.m.

sns-ap-soc-us-donovan
rating_off.jpg
rating_off.jpg
rating_off.jpg
rating_off.jpg
rating_off.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) — Landon Donovan thinks Edson Buddle deserves a look forthe U.S. training camp ahead of the World Cup, and Herculez Gomez, too.

Charlie Davies still is recovering from an October car crash and BrianChing is out until next month with an injured hamstring, so it'sunclear who will start at forward alongside Jozy Altidore when theUnited States plays England in its World Cup opener on June 12.

Buddle, a forward who turns 29 on May 21, has scored all five goals inhelping Donovan's Galaxy to a 3-0 start in Major League Soccer. Buddlehasn't played for the national team since his debut in an exhibitionagainst Venezuela in March 2003.

"I see it a little differentprobably than most people," Donovan said Wednesday. "Most people seethe goal-scoring, which obviously as a forward is important. But forme, equally if not more importantly are the little things he's doing tohelp our team win. And those types of things are important when you'renot scoring goals, especially. And a lot of players when they score alot of goals think they don't have to do those things, and he's doingall those little things that are helping a lot."

Gomez, another28-year-old, has eight goals in 13 games this season for Puebla inMexico, an unexpected turnaround for a former Galaxy, Colorado andKansas City player whose only two international appearances were in the2007 Copa America.

Donovan doesn't want to speak for U.S. coachBob Bradley but says those players should be given a chance to showwhether they ought to be on the 23-man roster.

"Taking a lookat, absolutely. Why wouldn't you? At this point, you would have tothink everything is an option," Donovan said. "Clearly I'm not thecoach and I don't make these decisions, but I always err on the side ofcaution. And what I mean by that is you take the players that are one,playing, and who are playing the best at the time. And I always thinkthat's the best formula. Now, not everyone sees it that way, but that'smy personal opinion."

Donovan came to New York to appear withDerek Jeter, Matt Ryan and Wayne Gretzky at the Gillette-EA SportsChampions of Gaming on Xbox 360. He was to return to the Galaxy forSaturday's game against Real Salt Lake and report to the U.S. team inmid-May ahead of exhibitions against the Czech Republic (May 25 at EastHartford, Conn.) and Turkey (May 29 at Philadelphia).

World Cupteams must submit 30-man preliminary rosters to FIFA by May 11 and23-man final rosters by June 1 — the day after the U.S. team arrives inSouth Africa.

In addition to Davies, who was hurt Oct. 13, andChing, injured on April 1, several other Americans have been sidelined.Defender Oguchi Onyewu hasn't played since tearing a knee tendon in thefinal World Cup qualifier on Oct. 14, and midfielder Stuart Holden hasbeen out since breaking a leg during a challenge from Nigel de Jongduring the Americans' exhibition game at the Netherlands on March 3.

All the injuries make it appear Bradley will call more than 23 playersinto training camp, then cut down after the Turkey match and ahead of aJune 5 exhibition against Australia at Roodepoort, South Africa.

"There's realities that you have to look at," Donovan said. "You can'tbring in 23 guys and have five or six of them that you're not sureabout, so you need to make sure that you're covering all your bases.Obviously, if anyone is covering all their bases it's Bob. He knowsexactly what's going on."

Donovan said the roster was lesscertain even before the injuries than at similar points ahead of the2002 and 2006 World Cups.

"You can pencil in 13, 14, 15 guys,"he said. "After that, there's quite a bit of competition, which is whatyou want."

i guess landon agrees with me

^ And so do I.

In other news. Alejandro Bedoya netted his 1st of the season. He BETTER be on that plane to SA.

From what I've seen (Holland match) he's a better option than both Torres & Benny.....thoughts?

If Gooch isn't fit for the England match....Here are my thoughts for the back line:

Dolo----Demerit----Gooch/Carlos----Spector

Back
Top Bottom