**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

I just dont understand it - I guess is comes down to expectations? the organization is satisfied with simply making it to the knock out round of the WC and dont expect anything else? As a fan I expect much more but thats just me

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Im gonna wait till we know the details of why Jurgen wasnt signed to state my opinion.
Because Sunil is in bed with the Bradley's, the new age Kennedy's of US Soccer.

You also have to understand that Sunil is working free for a Non-Profit so at the end of the day he doesn't owe anyone the due dilligence to go out and get the right guy.  Just go the easy route that won't yield any negative or positive results, just do a decent job.

I still can't help but feel the similarities between USSoccer and FEMEXFUT when it comes to these decisions
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Constantly disappointed on both fronts

I still can't help but feel the similarities between USSoccer and FEMEXFUT when it comes to these decisions
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Constantly disappointed on both fronts

i bet it had to do with giving klinnsman 100% control or a high level of control over things. i can't imagine the money wasn't there

mad.gif

4 more years of mediocore futbol, we need to expand our horizons by hiring from outside, Jurgen would have been the perfect fit but noooooo

*+%+ you USSF

smh.gif
stuff like this really disapoints me

this team has so much potential.

i just cant get over the fact that bob put in that smuck ricardo clark over mo. putting in finley over herc and edson and taking his bed buddy bornstein.

4 more years  of pure
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i bet it had to do with giving klinnsman 100% control or a high level of control over things. i can't imagine the money wasn't there
This had to be the reason. Money I dont think money was Jurgen objective. It was control over the program. Sunil being the *** that he is did not want to relinquish that. Instead he opted for the man that was the safe bet and one who would be his tool. Dont get me wrong fellas, I think ROBOBOB did a great job these last 4 years, but it was time for him and USSF to part ways. We need a man of Jurgen vision, knowledge to take the program to the next level. No turning back now, but man I wish Jurgen was in charge. Still USA ALL THE WAY CABRONES!

Originally Posted by knightngale

imagine if dude calls up Ricardo Clark for 2014 
roll.gif

sick.gif

like krispacinla 

we wont agree with this decision

bob did a good job but we had other options

but the ussf president went with his puppet.

but in the end we have to root for our team

anyways who here is looking forward for bornsteing getting eaatin up on defense when he starts playing for tigres next season???
roll.gif

sucks that Bradley is still the coach. Jurgen was their best bet at getting a european infleunce and hopefully a more sound game but oh well.

sucks that Bradley is still the coach. Jurgen was their best bet at getting a european infleunce and hopefully a more sound game but oh well.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

You were spot on

via espnsoccernet

Updated: September 20, 2010, 3:00 PM ET

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Juergen Klinsmann ended negotiations[/h1]

Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/sports...-says-ended-talks-us-job

NEW YORK -- Juergen Klinsmann said he negotiated with the U.S. Soccer Federation for nearly a month to become coach before ending talks when the USSF wouldn't put his authority in writing.

The USSF rehired Bob Bradley for a second four-year stint after ending talks with Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish in the 2006 World Cup.

"We had conversations, maybe about three or four weeks period of time, and very positive conversations. But we didn't get it to a positive ending because we couldn't put into writing what we agreed to verbally," Klinsmann said during an interview broadcast Sunday on the Kansas City Wizards' pregame show.

"It's obviously always about authority. When you have conversations with a club team or a national team, it's who has the last word in what issues, and that's where we couldn't get into the written terms," Klinsmann said.

"Verbally we agreed on that the technical side is my side, and I should have a 100 percent control of it. Written terms, they couldn't commit to it. At that point I said, `Well then, I can't get the job done because I have to have the last say as a head coach for my entire staff, for all the players issues, for everything that happens with the team.' Unfortunately they couldn't commit to that, and that was basically the end of our talks, and then they agreed then to continue with Bob as the head coach, and that's totally fine."

Klinsmann also held talks with USSF president Sunil Gulati in 2006 but ended them when he wasn't guaranteed access to top Major League Soccer players for both the CONCACAF Gold Cup and Copa America the following year.

In announcing the decision to rehire Bradley last month, Gulati wouldn't discuss whether he spoke with other candidates.

For Bradley, vote of no confidence

By Jeff Carlisle
ESPN.com

Observers of the U.S. men's national team were treated to an example of chaos theory in action on Monday. Jurgen Klinsmann broke his silence, U.S. Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati didn't and now manager Bob Bradley looks even more vulnerable than when he first took the job almost four years ago.

Speaking to Kansas City Wizards' color analyst Sasha Victorine last weekend, Klinsmann indicated that he and Gulati spoke over a period of three to four weeks about the national team's managerial position, a job that was -- and still is -- occupied by Bradley. According to Klinsmann, the talks broke down over the same issues that scuttled a potential deal four years ago.

In short, it was about control.
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
soc_a_gulati01_300.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]U.S. Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati's silence in Le Affair de Klinsmann only serves to undermine Bob Bradley's position. [/td][/tr][/table]
"We didn't get it to a positive ending because we couldn't put into writing what we agreed to verbally," Klinsmann said during an interview broadcast Sunday on the Kansas City Wizards' pregame show. "It's obviously always about authority. When you have conversations with a club team or a national team, it's who has the last word in what issues, and that's where we couldn't get into the written terms.

"Verbally we agreed on that the technical side is my side," Klinsmann continued. "And I should have a 100 percent control of it. Written terms, they couldn't commit to it. At that point I said, 'Well then, I can't get the job done because I have to have the last say as a head coach for my entire staff, for all the players issues, for everything that happens with the team.'"

To a degree, Klinsmann's revelations aren't that surprising. It's been known for about a month that the two sides had discussions, and the speculation over why they couldn't agree proved to be correct. But if Klinsmann's version of events is to be believed -- and in the absence of any comments by Gulati beyond a blanket "no comment", that's all we have to go by -- it's clear that Gulati's interest was no mere flirtation and that the talks were serious enough for the two sides to discuss the fine print on a prospective contract.

All of this has served to chip away at Bradley's position as manager. It's one thing to be Gulati's backup choice, as Bradley was in 2006, but to be the clear second option while already occupying the job is tantamount to a vote of no confidence.

The news has some far reaching and potentially damaging repercussions, too. It's common knowledge that some significant rebuilding work needs to be done to the national side with the aging backline requiring special attention. Will Bradley make the hard decisions to go with younger players in the short-term, or will the lack of conviction shown by Gulati cause him to stick with veterans longer than he should?

History has shown that Bradley will make the hard choices, albeit when he feels the time is right. But if in doing so the U.S. fails to win this summer's Gold Cup, a title that in 2007 proved to be a springboard for future success, the pressure on Bradley will no doubt increase, and Gulati may feel compelled to act.

Of course, there are those who would celebrate if Bradley were to be ousted, the theory being that the U.S. would have plenty of time to find a suitable successor. This line of thinking is highly dangerous. To see how such instability can undermine a qualifying campaign, one needs only look at Mexico's qualifying odyssey for the 2010 World Cup in which it burned through managers Hugo Sanchez and Sven-Goran Eriksson before settling on Javier Aguirre. True, Mexico eventually qualified for South Africa, but it was much harder than it should have been.
Let's face it, while Gulati may be adept at navigating the corridors of power in FIFA, his record in terms of organizing a job search doesn't impress. His decision to say nothing about his interest in hiring Klinsmann has served to only make an awkward situation even worse. For that reason, there is little confidence that Gulati would make an astute selection when there's less time to decide, especially with his favorite backup option no longer part of the equation.
Jeff Carlisle covers MLS and the U.S. national team for ESPN.com. He is also the author of "Soccer's Most Wanted II: The Top 10 Book of More Glorious Goals, Superb Saves and Fantastic Free-Kicks." He can be reached at eljefe1@yahoo.com.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
Croneyism is a $+%**%+@@%@@, USSF and FEMEXFUT are one in the same as far as operating the NT's is concerned
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly man...this ishh is getting ridiculous now... might as well say goodbye to the next cup cuz aint no way were wining it with Bradley at the helm

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
Croneyism is a $+%**%+@@%@@, USSF and FEMEXFUT are one in the same as far as operating the NT's is concerned
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly man...this ishh is getting ridiculous now... might as well say goodbye to the next cup cuz aint no way were wining it with Bradley at the helm

I don't know what you guys think but I think the USMNT needs the same the culture change that US Basketball needed. I understand that on an international scene USA soccer and USA basketball are in two different places but I wouldn't mind if Jerry Colangelo replaced Sunil. Jerry doesn't know much about soccer but I know he would assemble a team of people that know what to do and he would set the tone that just getting to the second round isn't good enough. If you set the bar low you'll never accomplish anything

^^ I would not be oppose to that, but soccer is different then basketball on the international stage. Jerry is not a soccer guy, so he would not have a clue on what to do. I saw Jurgen in that interview the other day, and like I said Control was the key. Either way, no need to dwell on it now, I am following my NT as always, and I am optimistic for the future. Cant wait to get Omar and Ream in the NT mix. These guys are the future in the backline. Any updates on Charlie? how is he doing in France?

Back
Top Bottom