**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

That pitch sucked so bad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Jozy needs to be paired with another attacker..... doesn't matter if we commit Clint or Landon up front, or pair Jozy with Agudelo........ Either way we need have 2 forwards up there. Good showing in the 2nd, after we made adjustments.
yeah. you know bradley talked to jozy about having some damn patience as well, not to just take off running and try and take on three defenders. but agreed, having a partner up would help. although against argentina, i get it. but against most teams, get someone else up there to help.

Jozy just needs a partner that relates to him outside the field.
with Charlie ya saw how much he stepped his game up, and as soon as Agudelo stepped on the field yesterday something switched in Jozy's head.

Bob needs to give the captains armband to Timmy, Bocanegra has fell off and is slow as +$$% to be playing lb and imo the only reason he starts is because hes captain.

^^Agreed. Jozy needs to have a partner at all times, that's when he plays his best.  We had a horrible first half, but with the second half substitutes we came out different and played better. Never heard of this guy Chandler. What club does he play with?

I am also a little worries about GOCH. Dont know why, but he looks horrible. Has dude lost a step because of that injury? Ummm cant say anything about timmy though, Man of the Match
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would like ROBOBOB to utilize a 4-4-2 against the Guaranis. I want to see what a Jermaine Jones/ Bradley tandem can do in that formation. One last thing. I was glad Bradley's second son did not play lol!

^
correct.

I recently saw a video of Thierry Henry on arsenal.com and they asked him about the Red Bulls and the first thing that came out of his mouth was Juan Agudelo.
Im prolly over hyping him but when you see him play you just get that feeling from him, know what im talkin bout?

Yeah I know what you mean. He still has a lot of maturing to do and he needs to learn the game some more, but you can see he has some striker potential. Hopefully he can be our replacement for Davies, and he can play up top with Jozy. Robobob needs to stick to the 4-4-2. I think that is when we play our best. We shall see what he used for the game against Paraguay.

Does anybody else wonder why little Bradley plays the full 90 minutes of every single game the USMNT
has? Yes he is a good player but he has yet to show me why he should be a central midfield stalwart. Maybe

he's a terrific practice player, and therefore deserves to start but every time I watch games he provides

nothing positive. He can't dribble and he can't pass but yet the guy never gets subbed out.

Nepotism anyone? Do you think other central midfield players talk about this? Just wondering.

Originally Posted by gabers

Does anybody else wonder why little Bradley plays the full 90 minutes of every single game the USMNT
has? Yes he is a good player but he has yet to show me why he should be a central midfield stalwart. Maybe

he's a terrific practice player, and therefore deserves to start but every time I watch games he provides

nothing positive. He can't dribble and he can't pass but yet the guy never gets subbed out.

Nepotism anyone? Do you think other central midfield players talk about this? Just wondering.
He's the best player we have in the position he plays.  Maybe Edu can make a claim but Jones, Edu and Bradley all started last night so I am not sure what you want Bob to do.  Plus Jones was terrible and Bradley was atleast making tackles in the first half.

Bradley works his butt off in the midfield, never stops running, great work rate, and not scared of anybody. Until
Edu or Jones can consistently show they have more talent (I think they have more talent just havent shown it
for the National Team) Bradley is the better holding midfield guy.

I want to see more of Chandler, guy was making great runs with the ball, sending in great crosses, adding a new
dimension to the game, not sure how great of a defender he is but with the current state of full backs in modern
football, especially having the slow Bocanegra at LB, Chandler definitely added a ton in my opinion to the U.S. attack
and really defense in the sense that he was creating chances and kept great possession.

Lastly it seems to me that Jozy, now more than ever needs consistent first team football somewhere, he just needs
experience and discipline.

I agree Jozy's discipline is lacking. He makes wild runs with the ball with no intention of passing and ends up losing the ball. However, especially during the first half, he wasn't getting that much help. Everybody was back in defense and he was isolated. Against Argentina that is understandable, but I would like to see Dempsey and Donovan used in a more attacking role with Agudelo and Altidore

1st half was just terrible

2nd half was just great after they paired jozy and brought in chandler.

quick question.

if charlie davis comes back to old form will he be still starting or will agudelo be the better option to start?

Espn Deportes reported that Gulati and Bielsa met for 4 hours and Bielsa presented his plans.

Adding Bielsa would be massive.

Jozy and Agudelo starting together. Chandler starting at RB.
pimp.gif

The XI was Hanneman-Chandler-Demerit-Ream-Bornstein-Donovan-Edu-Bradley-Dempsey-Altidore-Agudelo.

We're trying to play from the back...we just really, really suck at it.
laugh.gif

Line-up: Hahnemann, Chandler, DeMerit, Ream, Bornstein, Donovan, Junior, Edu, Dempsey, Jozy, Agudelicious!

----------Agudelo-----------Altidore-----------
Donovan------------------------------Dempsey
---------------Edu------Bradley---------------
Bornstein------Ream------DeMerit------Chandler
-----------------Hahnemann-------------------

subs: Yelldell, Bocanegra, Lichaj, Spector, Jones, Kljestan, Diskerud
http://futbol.univision.c...on-usa/partidos-en-vivo/

Dominating the *@+* outta possession, just not completing the set pieces. Ream, Agudelo, and Chandler look real solid.

Back
Top Bottom