**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

I am in complete shock.

Thought it was over and they get a lucky !*+@@!+ goal.

Shea with the idiotic kick to the es player.

Good luck to mexico and i hope Hondurus stomps El Salvador

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

i BLAME IT ON PORTER
I actually do too.  Poor tactics, not removing Hamid when he was injured and lack of subs in this game when his whole team was tired was inexcusable.

Originally Posted by roboski

So what does that goal mean? Is our Olympic hopes done?
Yea. We are not going.

For the second spring in a row major disappointment during qualification.
30t6p3b.gif

I feel like I cursed us, right before that goal I was thinking about how I hold my breath every time Johnson touches the ball. Great stop shopper, hands of stone.

I'm shaking. ES needed this badly and while I'm sorry USA had to be the one to be effected directly, USA will be fine. We needed to make a mark and now theres a truly golden op. to get to London. Man o'man.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

i BLAME IT ON PORTER
I actually do too.  Poor tactics, not removing Hamid when he was injured and lack of subs in this game when his whole team was tired was inexcusable.

I could tell porter was scared based on his lack of subs. Brek, Diskrued, and Corona were all tired.
Gyau should have came once you saw Brek wasn't making any more runs and started to play slow & tired hold up ball

By the way, Hamid and Sean Johnson have some huge shoes to fill when Howard retires. They got a loooooong way to go.

Also, it looks like the weakest part of our whole squad, the defense. will continue to be weak with no young talent comin through.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

i BLAME IT ON PORTER
Yea I missed the Canada the game but from what I've read/heard he was tactically negligent in that game too. I just hope he personally uses this failure as a MASSIVE learning opportunity.  He's still taking baby steps coaching at this level and it's too bad he laid an egg when it mattered most because literally everything I heard and saw from him the last couple of months up until Saturday night was very positive. He's still one of our best young coaches.

WOW watching the game, I took a shoot to the gut when that ball went in. I dont blame the ref, eventhough he missed the Boyd hit. i blame Porter for the tactical errors. One question, Why was Gyau not playing? Dude is a beast on the wing, and Porter does not start him the last two games? makes no sense. One bright spot is this kid Boyd. First time I see him play, and man o man, dude is a natural goal scorer. Dude should be in every senior camp from here on out. I give props to ADU. He looked like a true #10 in this game, especially in the second half. His heart is what made the team scored both goals. Almost had one himself. So dissaponted right now, again as a USMNT supporter is hard, but Win or Lose I will always be here to support my national team.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I'm shaking. ES needed this badly and while I'm sorry USA had to be the one to be effected directly, USA will be fine. We needed to make a mark and now theres a truly golden op. to get to London. Man o'man.
This is exactly how I feel. I feel kind of bad rooting against the United States, but being Salvadoran also, I just know how much it would mean for our country to qualify for the Olympics.

Originally Posted by Ronaldo Nazario

Originally Posted by TheGift23

This is exactly how I feel. I feel kind of bad rooting against the United States, but being Salvadoran also, I just know how much it would mean for our country to qualify for the Olympics.

The fam was going crazy last night 
pimp.gif
Team USA 
tired.gif

being from ES/Honduras..............
pimp.gif
i love the USA team but the way the coach was handling thing
sick.gif

it was agonizing watching the ball deflect off Johnson up in the air and bounce into the back of the net..for them to score on such a crappy goal on the last play of the game kinda sucks...esp since i have tickets to the semifinals, it'll still be cool but it would have been nice to see the US youngsters in action..oh well

i'll be rooting for Canada
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom