Official Vinyl Thread

Vinyl collecting coming back hard, but I don't think I'm cut out for this stuff. I might do it in the future when I get a proper sound system for my room. Nice collection posted above too/

damn hipsters are driving the prices up at my record store 
mad.gif

got these yesterday, 40 bucks total..

synergy,nektar,gentle giant, various electronic artists,mike oldfield, and 10CC.

i play my records thru a audio technica lp1240-usb.

it goes into a preamp and into my mpc 2500,

i have an eps 16 plus that i do not use and i just copped a lexicon mx 200 efx rack, why? i have no clue but it was 80 bucks.

I am looking into a decent entry level record player. I like Project but I'm not looking to spend more than 150. Any recommendations? 

I am looking into a decent entry level record player. I like Project but I'm not looking to spend more than 150. Any recommendations? 

You won't be getting an audiophile quality turntable like a Pro-ject for $150. You'd be better off scouting craigslist for a deal on an old Technics. Try for a SL 1700 or something similar.

Yeah I found those as well, and they seem pretty minimalistic which I like. 

Last edited:
Does anyone have theirs displayed in a wall frame? Preferably ones that display both the vinyl and the cover.

So I'm in the process of moving and I found two old tables and some old records. I had an old Ja Rule 3:36, Talib Kweli Reflection Eternal, Dre 2001 Instrumentals, N.O.R.E., Ruff Ryders 1 and 2, Cash Money Instrumentals and a few other old rap vinyl from 96-01. My lady isn't too thrilled with me setting up a record player and everything so I bought some wall frames and I think I'm just gonna frame and hang the ones I'm keeping. I sold about 30-40 to a nearby record store. After finding these, I think I kind of got the bug. Started looking at some new releases and think I might start buying and framing some new ones like Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Ferg, JMSN, Kid Cudi and a few other new ones I like. I used to see them at Hot Topic years back and almost bought some then but didn't want to pick up a new hobby. Amazon has them pretty cheap and I might start checking eBay. Here's some of my old ones I bought frames for. I'll post more pics once I move in the new house, frame them all and hang them up.

View media item 1369602

Dope...I was planning on framing a few classics I found in my parents collection. This might have pushed me to finally do it.

Bump! Nobody cares about the thread in general.

I've been getting really back into collecting lately. I'll post some of my pickups in a bit.

Nice stuff up there! Still meaning to take some pics and post some of mine, just hard with my dog, and usually by the time she's in her crate I'm too tired to mess with it lol

Back
Top Bottom