OFFICIAL Washington Huskies Thread

He's always put up some nice numbers in the NBDL, GL to him

and oh Franklin > Garfield

*throws up Omega Psi Phi hooks*

Good to see Chill Conroy get a look with B Roy in Minnesota. Always enjoyed watching him and playing against him in the ISACup tourney. Dude can still play.

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Five Storylines: Stanford-Washington
in.gif
[/h1]
September, 27, 2012
Sep 27

7:00

AM PT

By Mason Kelley | ESPN.com
SEATTLE -- Here are five storylines as Washington prepares to play No. 8 Stanford at CenturyLink Field Thursday:

264.gif
24.gif
1. Stanford sticking to its game plan: The Cardinal is committed to its ground game. Stanford knows it has the defense to keep the team in games, so coach David Shaw has the luxury of leaning on his offensive line to open holes for running back Stepfan Taylor. The key for Washington this week: Find a way to disrupt the Cardinal’s running attack.

“The challenge for everybody that plays them, us this week, is how do you get them out of that cohesive game plan that they approach every game with, and so that's where the challenge is going to be for us Thursday night,” Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said.

http://2. Washington offensive line faces tough test: With the news this week that left guard Colin Tanigawa will miss the rest of the season, Washington will continue to call on young players to fill important roles. With the exception of senior center Drew Schaefer, the Huskies’ offensive line will be comprised of underclassmen. The ability of this young unit to create time for Keith Price and open holes for running backs will be a key factor if Washington wants to upset Stanford.

3. Preparation doesn’t change: Sarkisian talked this week about having his team prepare for each game “The Husky Way.” What that means is Sarkisian doesn’t want his players to change the way they practice based on the team Washington is scheduled to play. The program tried to instill that philosophy before the game against Portland State, then carried it through the bye week and continued it leading up to this week’s matchup with the Cardinal.

4. Huskies need strong start to rough stretch: Washington faces a tough enough test this week without looking ahead. However, with games looming against No. 2 Oregon, No. 13 USC, Arizona and an Oregon State team in the middle of a strong start, it is important for the Huskies to generate some positive momentum as they begin a brutal stretch of conference games.

5. Stanford's Joshua Garnett returns home: Included among the five players from Washington on Stanford’s roster is offensive lineman Joshua Garnett. The true freshman, who was rated the No. 44 prospect in the ESPN 150 last year, is listed as a backup at right guard on the depth chart.
[h3]Impact of tonight's game for UW[/h3][h3]10:58AM ET[/h3]
[h5]Washington Huskies[/h5][h3] [/h3]

The last time Washington faced a Top 10 team on a national stage, the Huskies were embarrassed by LSU.

It doesn't matter.

The Huskies now have the national stage with Stanford in town for tonight's Pac-12 showdown. A potential victory could have long lasting repercussions for Washington. And the Huskies odds may be better than expected.

"The school's official site notes UW is 6-2 when having eight or more days of in-season preparation under (head coach Steve) Sarkisian," Bob Condotta of the Seattle times noted.

A win would certainly interest more than a few recruits:
[h1]A Washington win would help recruiting
in.gif
[/h1]
September, 27, 2012
Sep 27

7:30

AM PT

By Mason Kelley | ESPN.com
rn_chrishawkins1_ms_576.jpg
Tom Hauck/ESPNHSUSC commit Chris Hawkins will be one of many prospects in the stands for tonight's nationally televised Stanford-Washington game, making it a huge recruiting opportunity for the Huskies.
SEATTLE -- For a few hours Thursday, CenturyLink Field becomes the center of the college football world.

Washington welcomes No. 8 Stanford in the only game of the night -- a nationally televised matchup on ESPN. The Huskies are trying to orchestrate the “Blackout of the Century,” wearing all black uniforms, while encouraging their fans to follow suit.

The game is an opportunity to pull off an upset against a ranked opponent. It is a chance to show Washington is ready to take the next step under fourth-year coach Steve Sarkisian. But it is also a chance for the Huskies to build their brand in front of a national audience peppered with prospects.

Recruits will be watching.

http://There will be the prospects planted in front of their TVs in addition to the five official visitors sitting in the stands. Center Dane Crane and athlete Connor O’Brien, teammates at Rancho Santa Margarita (Calif.) Santa Margarita, will be in attendance, confirming their Washington commitments.

“I’m looking forward to seeing the guys compete,” O’Brien said. “I know we’ve got a great team, a young team. We’ve got a lot of potential. We’ve got some young coaches and I know they’re good coaches.”

Crane and O’Brien will be joined by three defensive backs -- Johnny Johnson Jr. (Fresno, Calif./Central East), USC commit Chris Hawkins (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif./Rancho Cucamonga) and UCLA commit Jermaine Kelly (Los Angeles/Salesian).

“I’m just going to go out there with an open mind and see how it is,” Kelly said.

When Crane and O’Brien aren’t spending time getting better acquainted with the players in the program, expect them to mingle with Johnson, Hawkins and Kelly. The teammates plan to pitch the program and help bolster Washington’s 2013 class.

It should be an easy sell. Washington has a staff packed with proven recruiters and visits are orchestrated to plant positive impressions. But the Huskies have an opportunity to turn a big weekend into something special -- if they can win.

Hawkins, who remains “100 percent” committed to USC, said Sarkisian contacted him on Facebook, offering him an opportunity to take the trip.

He figured it couldn’t hurt to take a look.

“I’m just excited at this point,” Hawkins said. “I’ve never been on an official before, and I’ve heard from people that they’re really fun. I'm just looking to enjoy myself.”

Kelly is taking a similar approach.

“I really like UCLA,” he said. “I like Washington a lot, too. As of right now, I don’t really know what’s going to be that one thing that’s going to send me over the top. Right now, I just want to get out there and see what it is.”

Five players are heading to Washington to take a closer look at the program. Win or lose, O’Brien and Crane will keep their commitments. But what if Washington pulls off the upset?

Will it be enough convince Kelly he is a better fit in purple and gold than UCLA blue and gold?

Recruiting success is about more than wins and losses. But if the Huskies can knock off the Cardinal, five top-tier California talents will return home with stories about what they witnessed.

Maybe a win would be enough for O’Brien and Crane to convince teammate Riley Sorenson -- a three-star lineman -- to commit to the Huskies. Maybe Johnson is sold on Seattle and pitches the program to his talented teammates. Maybe a postgame victory celebration would help persuade UCLA linebacker commit Myles Jack (Bellevue, Wash./Bellevue) to flip from the Bruins to the Huskies.

Jack won’t be an official visitor, but he is expected to attend the game with teammates Sean Constantine -- a Washington linebacker commit -- 2014 safety prospect Bishard “Budda” Baker and 2015 lineman Henry Roberts.

Prospects don’t often put much stock in a loss. Washington linebacker commit Caleb Tucker (Monroe, La./Ouachita Parish) was in Baton Rouge, La., for the Huskies’ 41-3 loss to LSU, and it didn’t change the way he felt about the program. But a win against Stanford could leave a lasting impression.

The weekend could have been even bigger had two-sport stars Tyrell and Tyree Robinson (San Diego/Lincoln) followed through on a planned visit. But when the twins committed to Oregon earlier this week, they canceled their trip.

The Huskies have a built-in audience against Stanford. All they have to do is find a way to win.

Recruits will be watching.

If i'm being honest we're gonna get punished...again :smh:

I'm starting to hate nationally televised games...We've looked horrible the last few times we've been given center stage. As it always it depends on the lines, Ive never seen Matt Barkley take the hits like he did last week and USC's O line is lightyears better than ours. :x

On the bright side night games are always super fun (stuck at work FU!!!!), our black out jerseys look awesome and the last time we wore them on a Thursday we beat UCLA, then wore them again against Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl, punished them and overall had a great season. Hopefully CL still has some magic let over from Monday night.

Go Dawgs!

If i'm being honest we're gonna get punished...again :smh:

I'm starting to hate nationally televised games...We've looked horrible the last few times we've been given center stage. As it always it depends on the lines, Ive never seen Matt Barkley take the hits like he did last week and USC's O line is lightyears better than ours. :x

On the bright side night games are always super fun (stuck at work FU!!!!), our black out jerseys look awesome and the last time we wore them on a Thursday we beat UCLA, then wore them again against Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl, punished them and overall had a great season. Hopefully CL still has some magic let over from Monday night.

Go Dawgs!

Can I start a petition to wear our Black jerseys ALL the time?

What a defensive performance!!!

So awesome to storm the field definitely something I won't forget. Defense played so well and it surprised me. Getting kind of tired of the offense though all we do is run bubble screens lol......

One of the best performances I've seen from our defense in I don't know how long. No time to celebrate tho, time to beat those Ducks.

Crazy how we go to playing a huge physical team to a PURE speed team. Firmly believe we can play with them, but ask me a week ago and we couldn't have beat the Cougars. Joking obviously

#23 *******!!!!! Time to beat the Ducks and end their stupid streak against us....god Im sick of losing to those mugs.

Now to decide if I should head down to Eugene or not.......

Trunks if you go down to the game.. swing by and pick me up.. Seriously

but yeah we need to beat these clowns.. tired of all these green and whatever other color they mix with their uniforms everywhere

Not expecting a win, hell I didnt last Thursday either..but this is a different beast

Hoping for the best. I feel at least the offense will look better

Trunks if you go down to the game.. swing by and pick me up.. Seriously

but yeah we need to beat these clowns.. tired of all these green and whatever other color they mix with their uniforms everywhere

Im not going to be able to afford to go. :frown: I really wanted to. Plus I could be a some sort of curse for them down in Autzen :lol: I was in the stands last season when they played USC and their national title hopes when up in smoke. (It was hard to no laugh my *** off at all the sad faces when exiting the stadium...but I wanted to make it home safe) Nothing would make me happier than if the Huskies to pull out a win and send 55,000 Ducks home with shattered dreams.

Back
Top Bottom