Official ***WASHINGTON NATIONALS (44-77)*** Season Thread Vol. R.I.P.

NLE-WAS-NationalsPark.PNG

"We have a little quiet confidence about us. That's how it's going to be this year...
Competing isn't good enough. We want to win and we want to win now."
- Ryan Zimmerman

WASHINGTON NATIONALS = SURPRISE TEAM OF THE SEASON. WE'RE GONNA BE CERTIFIED CONTENDERS IN THE NEW STADIUM! THE NATS ARE GOING FROM ASHY TOCLASSY!

ZIMMERMAN >>>>>>> WRIGHT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

GO NATS!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

J Rain: you wildin man with zimmerman being better than wright...
laugh.gif

i don't care who is better tbh, just as long as they don't play well against the braves!

Lol J RAIN you have got the most passion i have ever seen for a team that hasn't done anything.

As much as I will attend the local team's games...no way do I believe they will be competitive this year...the Nats' pitching is garbage.

Watch out for Lastings Milledge and my boy Wily Mo.

Originally Posted by DMan14

any pics of the new stadium?
southcapitolpotomac-10-4i-200803-9.jpg

stadium-080322-gwgame-497.jpg

stadium-080322-gwgame-054.jpg

stadium-080322-gwgame-360.jpg

stadium-080322-gwgame-392.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As much as I will attend the local team's games...no way do I believe they will be competitive this year...the Nats' pitching is garbage.

Watch out for Lastings Milledge and my boy Wily Mo elijah dukes.
yes, our pitching is in shambles right now, but we had a worse rotation all of last yr and we still miraculously managed to be middle of the pack.our offense is IMMENSELY improved with the acquisitions of lastings, dukes, and even lo duca is an improvement offensively over schnedier. o ya, nicky j isalso going to make a triumphant return to 1b. he's a vital part of the offense.

i crossed out wily mo b/c he's starting the season on the dl. dukes will seize that opportunity and not relinquish the starting role. by time mo comesback, it'll be too late. it's a shame because i had high hopes for him this yr. dukes is my dude and i prefer him > pena. dukes has equal power,he's a way better fielder, he's a lot faster, and is just an all around better athlete. ideally i would like the outfield to consist of pena, lastings,and dukes, the only thing preventing that from happening is austin kearns.

you are right about lastings though. he's gonna to breakout now that he'll be our everyday center fielder. millz is silky smooth. he'll hit 20/20easily this yr, and 30/30 in the future. all star, no doubt.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm sorry but:

Zimmerman: 0 E 0.000 FP
Wright: 0 E 0.000 FP

laugh.gif

what? defense isn't a valued part of the comparison? r.z. is the uncontested best fielding 3b in baseball. i should have included total chances in theequation b/c zimmerman's range at third is ridiculous! he gets to far more balls (nh) than any other 3b. i still can't believe wright won the goldglove last yr. that %!#% was grand larceny. z-man is gonna have the gold glove on lock for the foreseeable future, rolen style.

No...I'm just laughing because I don't even take ya seriously anymore so I just find it funny your tracking stats for no reason (you're a funnydude though).
laugh.gif

Shoot, even Chipper said during spring training that Wright is going to break a lot of records at 3B if he remains healthy throughout his career...Met fanshate him as a player but respect him a ton.

I don't really care cause shoot even Zimmerman and Wright are close friends so I highly doubt they try to "compete" (they played together at onetime). Of course Zimmerman is a better fielder but the only problem Wright ever had was his throwing to 1B at times.....but thats has significantly improvedand he RARELY has issues if at all anymore.

Only thing Zimm has on Wright is defense though, but that's because he's one of the better fielders in the game period.

I don't really care cause shoot even Zimmerman and Wright are close friends so I highly doubt they try to "compete" (they played together at one time).
ya, zimmerman and wright are tight. they were on the same aau team along with b.j. upton, that team must've been eek
eek.gif

the zimmerman > wright stat tracker i created is just for fun. it is kinda of heated though b/c i think z-man is the most underrated player in baseball andwright gets all of the hype. this year though, zimmerman will make his all star debut and the baseball world will get real familiar with him. i think r.z. willmatch wright's offensive output this yr in the new stadium. he's gonna benefit big time from the new park which is much more hitter friendly than thecavernous rfk.

it's gonna be great to watch zimmerman and wright go at it for the next 10+ years, seeing as both aren't going anywhere. soon, zimmerman and wrightwill be ranked 1 and 2 at 3b respectively.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

With Cabrera out of here, and Chipper never playing enough games (seems to get hurt all the damn time)....I have no doubt in my mind Zimmerman will be placedon the ASG roster (and rightfully so).

a Nationals season thread? seriously?

dukes is my dude and i prefer him > pena. dukes has equal power
equal power? not even close. i saw Willy Mo hit a ball that still hasn't landed yet. not too many people have power equal to Pena and theonly one who has more is Adam Dunn.

[table][tr][td]TOP 10 LONGEST HOME RUNS
AT GREAT AMERICAN BALL PARK[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Team - Opp. Pitcher[/td] [td]Distance[/td] [td]Date[/td] [td]See It[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. Adam Dunn[/td] [td]Dodgers - Jose Lima[/td] [td]535[/td] [td] 8/10/2004[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Wily Mo Pena[/td] [td]Astros - Brandon Duckworth[/td] [td]498[/td] [td] 4/17/2005[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Reggie Abercrombie (Marlins)[/td] [td]Reds - Michael Gosling[/td] [td]493[/td] [td] 4/19/2006[/td] [td]
video.gif
350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Alfonso Soriano (Nationals)[/td] [td]Reds - Brian Shackelford[/td] [td]492[/td] [td] 5/9/2006[/td] [td]
video.gif
350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Derek Lee (Cubs)[/td] [td]Reds - Matt Belisle[/td] [td]482[/td] [td] 4/18/2003[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Adam Dunn[/td] [td]Pirates - John Grabow[/td] [td]479[/td] [td] 4/6/2006[/td] [td]350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Albert Pujols (Cardinals)[/td] [td]Reds - Danny Serafini[/td] [td]477[/td] [td]8/31/2003[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Adam Dunn[/td] [td]Cardinals - Carmen Cali[/td] [td]474[/td] [td] 5/4/2005[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Wily Mo Pena[/td] [td]Padres - Rod Beck[/td] [td]473[/td] [td] 8/14/2004[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Adam Dunn[/td] [td]Brewers - Tomo Ohka[/td] [td]464[/td] [td] 7/22/05[/td] [td]
video.gif
56K | 350K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10t. Adam Dunn[/td] [td]Phillies - Randy Wolf[/td] [td]464[/td] [td]6/14/2003[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]10t. Sammy Sosa (Cubs)[/td] [td]Reds - Jimmy Haynes[/td] [td]464[/td] [td]6/18/2003[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

i don't know how many people on here have been to GABP (dmx, ska, KLJ) but that shot Dunn hit went into the river.
eek.gif

equal power? not even close. i saw Willy Mo hit a ball that still hasn't landed yet. not too many people have power equal to Pena and the only one who has more is Adam Dunn.
have you seen dukes play? have you seen any of his home run highlights? i'm guessing no. pena does have mammoth power, but dukes power isequally impressive. dukes hit a laser of a homer vs the yanks that never went more than 10 feet in the air, and he blasted a 450 ft bomb off of burnett lastyr. that's as a rookie, he's just getting goin.

bottom line, dukes > pena.

I know the Nationals are going to be better than last year
pimp.gif

they will be, but last yr was actually my most enjoyable year as a nationals fan. we overachieved tremendously, and made all of the experts lookfoolish with their 100 loss predictions.

the players arrive at the stadium for the first time as a team:

stadium-080327-teamhomecoming-105.jpg

stadium-080327-teamhomecoming-047.jpg

stadium-080327-teamhomecoming-112.jpg

stadium-080327-teamhomecoming-121.jpg

stadium-080327-teamhomecoming-139.jpg

best stadium in baseball, period.
the stadium is gonna look so sick on espn sunday night!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

zimmerman is awarded the sportingnews cover for the dc/md/va region:

2008BB5.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
markakis got the inside cover
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

20080326__sicover_033108_mlbpreviewp1.jpg

zimmerman on the cover of s.i. highlighting the '05 draft class
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

r.z. is slowly but surely starting to get the recognition he deserves. he's still the most underrated player in baseball. that'll change after this yrthough. the entire baseball community will take notice of zimmerman once he makes his all star debut, has a MONSTER yr in the new stadium, and wins the goldglove.

The Nats just need to sign a big name to bring more revenue amd wins

and then we can sign better player and grow from your farm leagues

but dukes power is equally impressive. dukes hit a laser of a homer vs the yanks that never went more than 10 feet in the air,

roll.gif
So you're telling me the ball cleared the fence but never got more than 2 feet higher than the fence in its trajectory? I'd say maybe about 20feet is the lowest the ball can fly and still get over the fence, and that's probably pushing it.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

but dukes power is equally impressive. dukes hit a laser of a homer vs the yanks that never went more than 10 feet in the air,

roll.gif
So you're telling me the ball cleared the fence but never got more than 2 feet higher than the fence in its trajectory? I'd say maybe about 20 feet is the lowest the ball can fly and still get over the fence, and that's probably pushing it.
yes, that's what i am saying. it was a laser line drive, that never went more than 10 feet in the air. don't get allmathematical/scientific on me.
laugh.gif

anyways..nice to see some dc nt'ers standing up and representing the nats!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sunday night is gonna be amazing!!! the stadium is gonna look stunning on espn! even though the pitching match-up isn't in our favor (odalisperez vs tim hudson
embarassed.gif
), i think we will win with all of theexcitement and emotion that will be in the stadium. zimmerman, milledge, dukes, belliard, nicky j, guzman, and even kearns and lo duca are all gonna do work!

LETS GO NATS!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom