Official Western Conference Finals Game 4: 5/25 Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets 6:00PM PST ESPN

Originally Posted by yungchamp

lakers fans stay salty after takin L's
smh.gif
laugh.gif
yea jr does showboat but last year when kobe was torching us and showboating back down the court _'s wasnt saying nothing get outta here with that

yeah maybe because laker fans aren't used to taking L's year in year out like nugget fans have become accustomed to doing.

and for the record j.r smith was the one who started with all the reckless talk last year as well.

denver played good last night, the lakers had chances to get back in the game in the 3rd quarter and early in the 4th but didn't capatlize. the lakers gotthe split in denver though so it feels a hell of a lot better going back to staples tied 2-2 then potentially being down 3-1.

sasha needs to be burnt at the stake if he keeps forcing stupid 3's. if your open shoot the 3 but to just force the 3 and hang around by the 3 point lineall day isn't cutting it. take it in and drive it in on denver.

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

Is it any more serious than the elbows, kicks and miscellany that Kobe's ever given? No.
The thing is, Kobe was penalized and suspended for his actions. That wasn't swept under the rug. Nobody was condoning Kobe for what he did, especially for his elbow on Mike Miller a few years back and the same should be said for Jones. Jones has a reputation for playing like a !#+%! and was already assessed a flagrant 1 for that shove on Kobe in game 3.
Not condoning non-basketball actions; I'm simply saying the NBA has created such an artificial reality on the court that even the slightest transgression is serious business.
How is intentionally tripping an opposing player and shoving him in the back while he's in the air a slight transgression from the basketball norm. Those dumb moves don't belong in basketball, unless we playing prison ball.

If I'm remembering correctly, Kobe has only been suspended once for his "non-basketball" motion of a high elbow. Once. Whenhe's got more than a few instances of low brow plays under his belt.

And as I said, I'm not approving any move that isn't basketball-related. But my point is that it appears difficult for everyone to have an accurateperspective on non-basketball actions when every little thing is made over like it's gravely serious by the NBA and then the fans.

Was Jones' shove and trip bad? More yes than no. Were those moves as bad as undercutting someone or an elbow to the head? No. Yet, Jones is being madeout to be a menace all of the sudden. I'm personally unaware of Dahntay Jones' so-called "reputation" as a "dirty player".

Look to an earlier era. The 88-91 Detroit Pistons were shoving and tripping on the regular... yet people look back on them more as cheap players than dirtyplayers.

Today, everything's looked at as "dirty" when in reality there are varying degrees of severity.

This is because the NBA has micromananged play to the point that when something does happen, it comes across as more serious than it probably should. That's what the NBA wants - zero chance of there ever being even the slightest offensive action on the court. But that never works because, as anyonewho's played basketball or other sports understands, players are human beings and make decisions as such, good and bad.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

funny how people always throwing "thug" and wishing injuries on black players.....and 90% of the people who makes these comments aren't black
smh.gif

- im black, and while ive never called Kenyon or J.R. a thug, i do wish injury on J.R.. why? because hes a dumb *$+ that needs to be humbled and taken down apeg or two. his shot selection is HORRIBLE, and its aim is only to benefit his swag factor and not the team. you wanna make sure and be a benefit to your teamtake better shots, that "in your face" attitude is all about his swag factor.

- and i want to see Denver win it....win it all if they can. the sad thing is i know if they do win a chip....hell even if they beat the Lakers and get to theFinals, it will make his behavior worse. it will solidify (in his mind) that he's doing nothing wrong, that its all ok. much like it did "he whomust not be named".

- i will say most of those thug labels being thrown out there are from people either not from the hood (yes, mostly white), and/or those just salty that thierteam lost.

JR needs to watch the story on Darrent Williams while hes out there throwin up "BLOOD, sweat and tears" like its nothin. Im not from Denver so Im notgona front like its the roughest city around but some dudes out here arent havin it when athletes get too big for their britches.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

funny how people always throwing "thug" and wishing injuries on black players.....and 90% of the people who makes these comments aren't black
smh.gif

- im black, and while ive never called Kenyon or J.R. a thug, i do wish injury on J.R.. why? because hes a dumb *$+ that needs to be humbled and taken down a peg or two. his shot selection is HORRIBLE, and its aim is only to benefit his swag factor and not the team. you wanna make sure and be a benefit to your team take better shots, that "in your face" attitude is all about his swag factor.

- and i want to see Denver win it....win it all if they can. the sad thing is i know if they do win a chip....hell even if they beat the Lakers and get to the Finals, it will make his behavior worse. it will solidify (in his mind) that he's doing nothing wrong, that its all ok. much like it did "he who must not be named".

- i will say most of those thug labels being thrown out there are from people either not from the hood (yes, mostly white), and/or those just salty that thier team lost.

none of the players on the nuggets are thugs, people are reaching with that. but j.r smith is a fraud, a phony or whatever you wanna call it, i guess he gotput on that same make believe blood gang lil wayne is from.

j.r don't need to get injured but he does need to get a good elbow to the face, a karl malone on isiah thomas type 43 stitches needed elbow to shut himthe hell up.

wishing injury is horrible....cause he celebrates after a 3? really.....you're pathetic

- call me what you want. its not just for the celebration after the 3....READ COMPREHEND MY MAN....its because of his all around behavior.when hes out there it really is all about him. he puts me in the mindset of Nick Cannon in Drumline
laugh.gif
....seriously.

- this is coming from a fan of the early J.R. just like i was a fan of the early "he who must not be named". their game play attitude is what made medislike them. a championship, even a western confrence championship will only make it worse.

i can comprehend i just didnt respect you enough to read that whole post after i read the first sentence
smh.gif

wishing injury is pathetic though....if someone wished something bad on your mother i don't think you would like that...

GOOD POINT Burns1923.

People forget that basketball is still a physical sport eventhough that can be a questionable thought. I think what made that play worst is because he gotcaught and caught real bad because it was obvious that it was intentional.

I don't know why people are so hurt about that "trip" because it still had nothing to do with the Nuggets beating the Lakers. Also they are allkinds of players; good or bad, unfortunately, playing physical basketball is no longer acceptable. IMO, Jones just got caught with a dirty trick play gonewrong because he did on top of the key for everyone to see. Again, people need to accept that basketball is still a physical sport, even if it's slowlyturning into a "touch foul" sport. All and I mean all basketball players throw the 'bow from time to time, but only a few have perfected it tothe point where it looks as if it's a part of their shooting, rebounding, etc... Miller, for example, used the "flying kick" everytime he shootsa 3, but it's part of his shooting form, yet you only see it when a defender is right in front of him.

Yeah, I mean the trip was a missed call, nothin more. Didn't the shot go in? I'm pretty sure it did, so no biggie.

It may get Jones in trouble with the leauge, or another point for the flagrants or whatever, but it's not that big a deal. Glad Kobe handled it the way hedid.

Non issue.

Phil went in on the refs for us. We cant use that as an excuse though. We messed up the flow of our own game we missed three early free throws in the openingminutes and it was pretty much a wrap after that, especially at the free throw line. We also NEVER go into the post enough Pau can put up 30 easy! Really manwe just have to go out and #++*+@ play I hate seein us not compete.

I'm not the type that trips after every missed call, but yesterday's game was horribly officiated. I do believe in physical basketball, but the wayref's were letting calls go left and right against the Lakers. Now I'm a Laker fan, and yes, the Lakers have benefited from calls that went against thenuggets, but honestly my 5 year old nephew straight from the Philippines even knew when a foul was to be called. As for the discussion of physically fouling,if it is intentional, then that should be flagrant 1, 2-depending on its severity. Intentional fouls (or in jone's case intent to injure) don't belongin the NBA and should be suspendible. Bynum's "flagrant foul" is a good example of a hard foul. That IMO is how fouls should be called.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Phil went in on the refs for us. We cant use that as an excuse though. We messed up the flow of our own game we missed three early free throws in the opening minutes and it was pretty much a wrap after that, especially at the free throw line. We also NEVER go into the post enough Pau can put up 30 easy! Really man we just have to go out and #++*+@ play I hate seein us not compete.

Agreed 100%. Ultimately free throws, rebounds, and the lack of D KILLED us. Hope we bounce back tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Phil went in on the refs for us. We cant use that as an excuse though. We messed up the flow of our own game we missed three early free throws in the opening minutes and it was pretty much a wrap after that, especially at the free throw line. We also NEVER go into the post enough Pau can put up 30 easy! Really man we just have to go out and #++*+@ play I hate seein us not compete.

Agreed 100%. Ultimately free throws, rebounds, and the lack of D KILLED us. Hope we bounce back tomorrow.
both teams came out flat and shot bad but denvers rebounds killed us and that kept them the lead

^Yep. btw where's bynum? I seriously hate that kid. Watching that vid of Kobe dissing bynum is hilarious. Kupcake should have done it though.

i can comprehend i just didnt respect you enough to read that whole post after i read the first sentence
smh.gif

wishing injury is pathetic though....if someone wished something bad on your mother i don't think you would like that...

- yeah well @**% my mother too if she acted like him..........feel better?
laugh.gif
and im dead serious, i have no loyalty for certain behavior. you get what you deserve, that includes my mother.
-
roll.gif
@ you coming at me with the "if that was your mother" bit.FOH!!! we arent talking about my mother, we are talking about an individual on a TEAM, whose play is supposed to benefit the TEAM, but is only concerned withhis SWAG. when he made that 3 in game 3 and immediately got up to yell expletives at (i think it was) Sasha? that made absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. itsbehavior like that that can cost them the series. and all for what? to make himself look good while the team loses? *ahem* they happened to lose that game*ahem*

- and
laugh.gif
@

i just didnt respect you enough to read that whole post after i read the first sentence
smh.gif

- FOH! NTers just dont like to read. but will break their damn neck to read part of a reply, put their foot in their mouth and jump the gun.

Originally Posted by Executive76

I'm personally unaware of Dahntay Jones' so-called "reputation" as a "dirty player".

CP3 and his Byron Scott started that rumor after Chris got shut down in the 1st series.

Ah.

Teams know how the NBA handles things now so they'll try to use that to their advantage.

What did Phil Jackson say in the post-game about Jones?

If I'm remembering correctly, Kobe has only been suspended once for his "non-basketball" motion of a high elbow. Once. When he's got more than a few instances of low brow plays under his belt.

And as I said, I'm not approving any move that isn't basketball-related. But my point is that it appears difficult for everyone to have an accurate perspective on non-basketball actions when every little thing is made over like it's gravely serious by the NBA and then the fans.

Was Jones' shove and trip bad? More yes than no. Were those moves as bad as undercutting someone or an elbow to the head? No. Yet, Jones is being made out to be a menace all of the sudden. I'm personally unaware of Dahntay Jones' so-called "reputation" as a "dirty player".

Look to an earlier era. The 88-91 Detroit Pistons were shoving and tripping on the regular... yet people look back on them more as cheap players than dirty players.

Today, everything's looked at as "dirty" when in reality there are varying degrees of severity.

This is because the NBA has micromananged play to the point that when something does happen, it comes across as more serious than it probably should. That's what the NBA wants - zero chance of there ever being even the slightest offensive action on the court. But that never works because, as anyone who's played basketball or other sports understands, players are human beings and make decisions as such, good and bad.

Kobe's been suspended about 3 times off the top of my head for non basketball related actions, the ones I can remember was his elbow on MikeMiller, and the Marco Jaric and Ginobli incidents.
laugh.gif
If you watch enoughbasketball you can tell who is playing basketball and who is not out there, quit saying officials are making it hard for the NBA fans to distinguish betweenhard fouls and straight dirty play. Come on man, I know you're an intelligent poster but you're justifying Jones's play by saying NBA officialshave clouded everyone's opinion about how physical the game can be played. Jones can play as physical as he wants, but dont resort to tripping and shovingplayers in the back and tell yourself those actions are ok because NBA fans won't know the difference.

Jones just got caught with a dirty trick play gone wrong because he did on top of the key for everyone to see. Again, people need to accept that basketball is still a physical sport
That's the thing, he didnt.

--Like i said, good win for the Nuggets and someone smh'd me for psyching myself out?
--I can give credit where credit is due. Nuggets smashed us on the boards and got easy points off that.
--I didnt expect Denver to rollover. This is the NBA. Teams adjust and bounce back. Its the conference finals nonetheless.
--Just like i thought Denver would respond from game 3 loss, i expect the Lakers to bounce back wednesday.

I'm sorry, I'm pulling for the Nuggets, but the Lakers are going to win this series. And JR Smith = this year's DeShawn Stevenson.

Back
Top Bottom