Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

During the 1998 playoffs, I've seen pics of MJ wearing 13s and 14s. I don't recall him mixing it up like that at any other time with the Bulls.
Does anybody have any insight on this?

Want to be an Alpha
During the 1998 playoffs, I've seen pics of MJ wearing 13s and 14s. I don't recall him mixing it up like that at any other time with the Bulls.
I wonder if they're going to make a Cigar and Champagne Pack for both the 13s and 14s?

The '97-'98 season was Michael Jordan's final year as a Chicago Bull and the season he wore the Air Jordan 13. Coming into the NBA playoffs, Nike and tinker had been working on the Air Jordan 14 and had shown Michael a sample. Just like the Air Jordan 11, he wore them despite the behest of Nike and tinker telling him not too and...yeah mike just stunted on everybody and was wearing the new Jordan's a year before they came out. Everybody was still tryna get their hands on the playoff 13's and he comes outta nowhere with the 1999 air Jordan model in a black/red mid top form affectionately referred to as the "last shot 14's"...

Last edited:
Blk/red XIVs were only worn in game 3,4, and 6 in the finals. There's also a pic floating around of him wearing the white/red in practice during the finals.

Blk/red XIVs were only worn in game 3,4, and 6 in the finals. There's also a pic floating around of him wearing the white/red in practice during the finals.

Yes you're absolutely right. I didn't mean to make it sound like he wore them in the playoffs.

Yes you're absolutely right. I didn't mean to make it sound like he wore them in the playoffs.

Relax bro, just adding to what you posted specifying when he wore them. :rolleyes

Last edited:
FWIW...

Prior to his first retirement MJ would debut the newest model Jordan's during / and or around the All Star Game every year...Due to this he'd wear whatever that model debut was all the way until the following All Star Game, or sometime around the All Star Game, then repeat the process...Kind of like what Nike does with the Kobe line now...'92-'93 season was split between the VII (Pre All Star Game) and VIII (Post All Star Game) for example...

Just as a visual example...

Feb 3, 1993 vs. The Kings

Feb 23, 1993 ~ All Star Game ~

April 22, 1993 vs. The Pistons

There were a couple other memorable times MJ mixed it up as Bull that I think have been covered in this thread before now...

Of course when he played in the Chicago 1's during his final game at Madison Square Garden as a Chicago Bull...

Or when the league wouldn't let him wear the Concord XI's for Game 3 of the '95 Eastern Conference Finals because they didn't match the predominantly black sneakers the rest of the team was wearing...Ended up wearing a pair of extra Air Flight One's that Penny had brought along with him for the game (Notice he cut the "1" pull tab off the back :lol:)

Now concerning the XIV's...While he didn't actually wear any other colorway, aside from the "Last Shots" that is, in a game as a Chicago Bull he absolutely wore them while still a member of the team...

The White / Red at a practice prior to Game 3 of the '98 Finals...I think this is the shot AIR J XIII AIR J XIII mentioned above...

Or the "Black Toes" prior to game 1 of the '98 Finals...

Closest we'll ever get to actually seeing another colorway of the XIV on MJ as a Chicago Bull would absolutely be from the "Jordan To The Max" Documentary Film...

Now concerning the XIV's...While he didn't actually wear any other colorway, aside from the "Last Shots" that is, in a game as a Chicago Bull he absolutely wore them while still a member of the team...

Repped. Anyone know if MJ wore the Laney XIV lows as a Wizard?

vegetaray123 vegetaray123
I remember those years, like when the 91-92 season opened, he wore the Carmine VI,visually striking! The very first shoe I went crazy for. To this day one of my top 3.

my favorite pic of MJ wearing the cardinal vii.

and came across this pic wearing the french blue vii. 

Have you ever wondered what the Air Jordan VIII would have looked like for the first part of the '93/'94 season?

Have you ever wondered what the Air Jordan VIII would have looked like for the first part of the '93/'94 season?
I ask myself that same question all the time. I always visualize a white base color way, trimmed in black and red. Like the 4's and 5's. 
smokin.gif

I don't know, he didn't retire until October right before training camp started, if they were planning an 8 for the start of the season, it would've been in production already. Either they knew way ahead of time that the retirement was coming, or they planned to switch it up and release the IX at the beginning of the season regardless.

I don't know, he didn't retire until October right before training camp started, if they were planning an 8 for the start of the season, it would've been in production already. Either they knew way ahead of time that the retirement was coming, or they planned to switch it up and release the IX at the beginning of the season regardless.

I think he would have played in the 9 white/black-true reds. I remember i saw a photo of MJ doing practice with the Bulls wearing them already. It was in a magazine.

I've always wondered why the 8's only had 3 OG colorways and is it because the 7's had 5 when all the Jordan after 3 up until that point had 4. They added an extra color for the 7's so took away a color for the 8's? Also, the aqua 8's are one of my favorite colorways/shoes of all time. I often wondered what the exact inspiration for the colorway was. Tinker and Nike had flirted with the teal and grape combo in '90 obviously with grapes but I always thought that the colorway was specifically for the purpose of matching the court for the '93 all star game in Salt lake...

Stockton and Malone co MVP's that game too...

Last edited:
I'm so upset that these are near $400 for a deadstock pair in my size.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom