Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Cool Greys look dope in that photo.

Forgot he even more then when on the Wizards. Lets just forget he was on the Wizards. Lol.

56838288.jpg

What other photos are there of the 1.5s (1 upper with 2 sole) being worn?

Also wondering which game/season this photo must be from?

85-86 season after returning from a broken foot that occurred in the 3rd game of the season.

So you're saying he wore the AJ2 sole on the 1s when he scored 63 points?

No, but it was in that timeframe when he wore them.

MJ's 63 Point Game against the Celtics was the 1's with the Dunk Sole...

As for the 1's with the 2's midsole / outsole...Those got rocked when the Bull's played Atlanta in April of '86...

To quote myself from a few pages ago...Some more detailed info on Mike's broken foot and the various shoes Nike laced him with when he came back...
I can't recall ever seeing any other pics and / or video's outside of the 1985 Excel All Star Game with MJ actually wearing the Shadow's...I'd love to see them though if they are around...
MJ wore a couple different altered versions of the 1's following the foot injury...

When he did make it back, in time for the Playoffs, Nike laced him with these since his foot was still healing...

Nike also had these made up...Clearly Nike was looking to give MJ a little extra cushion so this, I'm sure, was basically a wear test sample to see how MJ would like what they were planning for the II's...Also notice the, what looks to be a polyurethane insole, from the pics I posted above)...Obviously MJ wanted more cushioning...

Then there was these from the famous 63 point game 2 against Boston in the Playoffs...Dunk sole...

Also, a little off topic but still pretty cool and relevant to MJ's foot injury...Like the video I posted last week said, MJ started his playing day's wearing a 12.5 then changed over time into a 13.5...The reason for this was his broken foot...He returned to playing before it could fully heal back to normal and this caused it to be slightly larger than it was prior to the break...While I was looking for the photos regarding this I came across these as well...For the 1986 Playoffs MJ was wearing one size 13 and one size 13.5 shoe (This is the pair that had the built in ankle brace)...I completely forgot about this until I started looking for these sample pictures...

I did research on my own was wondering if someone can confirm the list of all jordans that MJ wore on the NBA court throughout the years. I am excluding practice, promotional, and retro card pairs.

I'm only going up to XIV

Jordan 1: Bred, Chicago.....can someone confirm Old Loves or Shattered Backboards?

Jordan 2: Chicago High and Low, White/Red High and Low

Jordan 3: White Cement, Black Cement, True Blue, FIre Red

Jordan 4: White Cement, Bred, Mars.....can someone confirm Military Blue? (No Military's) I've personally worked and attended Jordan flight school as a child and now coach and still never seen him in Military's. If I'm not mistaken he might of wore them in the Magic midsummer nights game

Jordan 5: Metallic, Fire Red, OG Fire Red....can someone confirm Grapes? (Metallic and OG white with and without 23, never seen grapes either)

Jordan 6: Black Infrared, White Infrared, Carmines, Olympics (sport blue, and Maroons were popular but never seen the court, neither did the Olympics)

Jordan 7: Raptors, Bordeaux, Olympic, Cardinals, French Blue, Hares

Jordan 8: Aquas, Playoffs, Bugs Bunny (the only season I can remember where he wore the same shoes home and away the entire season)

Jordan 9: Cool Greys........can someone confirm the White Red Black?

Jordan 10: Shadow, Chicago, Steel (with and without his number on the side)

Jordan 11: Cool Grey, Columbia, Bred High, Bred Low, Concord, Space Jams, Bred XE....can someone confirm Concord Low? (Concord lows were only rocked at the championship parade)

Jordan 12: Playoffs, Cherry, Taxis, Flu game....can someone confirm French Blue?

Jordan 13: Bred, Playoffs, He Got Game, White/Red with black pods.....can someone confirm Flints and "Dirty Bred"

Jordan 14: White/Red, Last Shots (I don't believe candy canes ever seen the court)

I think you pretty much nailed it for nba games!!

Am I missing anything??? Please advise.

I'm just wondering when BLACK TOE 1s were worn by MJ, those pictures that were posted were in preseason or regular season?

Based on the info provided so far in here safe to assume MJ never wore the OG true blue III colorway (with red inner tongue). The pics in post number 29 for the IIIs aren't coming up for me but I did see these on Twitter via Trophy Room.

Looks like MJ wore the 2011 like colorway with the blue inner tongue and the Jumpman on the back.

Based on the info provided so far in here safe to assume MJ never wore the OG true blue III colorway (with red inner tongue). The pics in post number 29 for the IIIs aren't coming up for me but I did see these on Twitter via Trophy Room.

Looks like MJ wore the 2011 like colorway with the blue inner tongue and the Jumpman on the back.
Actually he did in a Celebrity Game and the All Star Game in 1988.

Actually he did in a Celebrity Game and the All Star Game in 1988.

The True Blue was worn in a scrimmage against the '88 olympic team

Black cements for '88 ASG

I'm guessing he never wore grape V on court? As said in the page before. Seeing purple and teal are not Bulls color's.

Cool to see the OG true blue on his feet.

Also, those 1988 black cement 3's. The shape is on point!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm guessing he never wore grape V on court? As said in the page before. Seeing purple and teal are not Bulls color's.

Cool to see the OG true blue on his feet.

Also, those 1988 black cement 3's. The shape is on point!!!!!
​  There is a Wheaties calendar from the early 90s that has some shots of the grapes.  But never any wear on the court.

Back
Top Bottom