:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

felipe melo sucks. and i never really liked ramires, especially after donovan cut him up so easily in the confederations cup, but he played great against chile. im a little worried about Brazil's midfield, but i think josue will aptly fill in along side gilberto. im interested in seeing how robinho and bastos will deal with robben. robinho is much more offensive minded, although he has been doing a great job of tracking back to help bastos. im amazed at how bastos has done, especially with the fact that he came into the national side so recently, and hasnt even played ten games for them. there were similar concerns about how bastos would do against sanchez of chile, and he shut him down pretty effectively. granted, sanchez is not nearly the quality robben is.

game is getting me nervous. i just think brazil plays too well as a unit, and they have the individual players who can make brilliant plays. ive got brazil winning 3 - 1

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Nigeria's President today suspended the national team from competing in ANY matches for the next 2-years after their dismal WC showing.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Another reason why players will laugh at even wanting to play for the Nigerian team in the future.  This is stupid on so many levels.  Corrupt government trying to straighten out a dysfunctional team . Democrazy 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Nigeria's President today suspended the national team from competing in ANY matches for the next 2-years after their dismal WC showing.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Another reason why players will laugh at even wanting to play for the Nigerian team in the future.  This is stupid on so many levels.  Corrupt government trying to straighten out a dysfunctional team . Democrazy 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Thats why I find it so funny. Corrupt government suspends the soccer program for alleged corruption. I'm sure there is nothing more important on Jonathan's agenda than soccer. I think that the implications of this will be terrible for Nigeria for many years to come if the decision is binding. First, FIFA will likely impose their own kind of suspension on the team due to government interference. ACN qualifying begins later this year and it'll be for the 2012 and 2013 ACNs (the ACN will be played in back-to-back years) which means that Nigeria will miss out on both tournaments. You also may have a bunch of potential Nigerian internationals who may opt to play elsewhere. I dont think the decision will stand but if it does it could be catastrophic for Nigerian footie.

Will be interesting to see the lineup van Marvijk uses against Brasil. Van Persie is out of form and I'm not sure he should start anymore. Elia or Afellay could also be a possibility for a starting spot.

[h1]
[/h1]Always was one of my favs.

[h1]Tevez: Mexico are better than Germany[/h1]

By Soccernet staff

Carlos Tevez has contributed to a developing war of words between Argentina and Germany ahead of Saturday's World Cup quarter-final in Cape Town by insisting that vanquished Mexico are a more fearsome side than Joachim Low's team.

Quarter-final preview

• Schweinsteiger accuses Argentina
• Ozil "has outshone" Messi
• Blog: How do we beat Germany?
Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said on Wednesday that Argentina show a "lack of respect" in the way they conduct themselves.
Now Tevez has added to the ill-feeling surrounding the game by claiming Mexico play a better brand of football than the Germans and that the prospect of taking on Low's side does not fill him with dread.

"I was more afraid of Mexico than Germany," Tevez told Clarin. "Because the Mexicans play better football. They took the ball from us in the first minutes of the first half and at the start of the second. We would have suffered more if we hadn't struck at the right moments."

As a bitter US fan, nothing would make me happier than Ghana to get beaten 4-0 to uruguay. Also the Spain/Portugal game today was a disappointment to me. Torres had one solid shot and should have been substituted way sooner then he was. Portugal was TERRIBLE offensively. Villa on the other hand is nothing but
pimp.gif

Spain is in a Catch-22 with Torres right now.

He's clearly not himself, and I'm starting to think it's more than just rust. Perhaps he's still carrying an injury, and it won't heal if he keeps playing on it. But how do you bench a player like Torres when he's suited up and ready to go? Especially for someone unproven like Llorente. They could change up the formation and throw Cesc in there behind Villa, but I doubt Spain want to rearrange their whole formation mid-tournament. They might just have to keep trotting him out for 60 minutes a game to see if he has any moments of magic. They could honestly get away with it for the rest of the tournament with the way Villa is playing.

is no1 exited for the argentina germany rematch? 4 years ago they won on penaltys, now i saw some article that some 'game predicting squid' or some animal predicted germany to win, the squid has predicted every match correctly but it took him 45 minutes to make up his mind lol.

Torres ain't been the same since he cut his hair and went to his natural color. Dude needs to die his hair asap or Spain will lose!

is no1 exited for the argentina germany rematch? 4 years ago they won on penaltys, now i saw some article that some 'game predicting squid' or some animal predicted germany to win, the squid has predicted every match correctly but it took him 45 minutes to make up his mind lol.
I'm looking forward to this game. I'm taking Germany over Argentina. I'm loving how Ozil is playing and Mueller upfront with Klose is looking real good.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

I am... I had to listen to it on the radio last time because I was at work..   I was heated when Abbondanzieri came out of the game. 
smh.gif
  They put in Franco and we lost in penalties.

I hope Argentina wins this time..  

Germans like Schweinsteiger have lashed out against Argentina saying that this team shows no respect and we have little class and character. It seems like the German team is nervous coming up to the game by saying things like this, Tevez reacted by saying that Mexico is better than Germany as posted above. Pele has also come out to once again to bash Diego saying that Maradona isn't a coach and that his "bizarre lifestyle" cannot go down well with his team. Seriously old man when are you going to put it to rest? You just sound bitter at this point. It seems like the entire world wants to see us lose, once again we are faced by adversity and critics that continue to doubt this team, I hope this motivates the players to come out and demolish Germany like we've been doing to other teams.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

Paul the octopus.
pimp.gif

Maradona just mocked Schweinsteiger in an interview because he was questioning Argentina's style of playing 
roll.gif
He is hilarious.

I'm mad I'm gonna be busy all da starting at 9 am so I'm gonna miss both matches
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
Hopefully I don't hear anything about them so I can see them later on ESPN3

Maradona is easily my favorite manager. Everything he does, as attention-whoreish as it is, is hilarious. Except I dont want to see him run naked through the streets of Buenos Aires or wherever if Argentina wins, like he said he would.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's *%#$%% up though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LOL, I love this story. Messi wants to defeat Germany for Oasis:

http://www.goal.com/en/ne...nel-messi-vows-to-defeat

laugh.gif

Argentina superstar Lionel Messi has said that he will do everything in his power to defeat Germany in the World Cup quarter-finals on Saturday to bring back the smile on Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher's face.
"Maybe we can all watch a game at Manchester City," the 23-year-old Barcelona forward added

roll.gif

I enjoy watching Brazil play but, !!##, I hope the boys in Orange pull it off.
2-1 Netherlands. Hopefully.

Netherlands 1-3 Brazil (My heart is telling me Netherlands could keep it close and possibly win but my mind is looking at Brazil's defense and saying no way)
Uruguay 2-1 Ghana (I don't know much about this matchup to be honest but I think Uruguay will win)
Argentina 3-2 Germany
Spain 3-0 Paraguay

Considering the issues with the ball and the low scores of this WC these might be too high of scores but w/e.

Back
Top Bottom