Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

I just read this in Joystiq...

Eric Hall, a 24-year-old Floridian and retired Marine, has now been missing for a week. His friends say that shortly after playing Call of Duty (4, we assume), Hall "just got up and said that he had to go." He was last seen departing his home on a motorcycle, which was later found on the side of a road. The local sheriff's office claims that the man was suffering from hallucinations and flashbacks to his time spent serving in Iraq, where he was injured during a patrol by an exploding bomb, which did tremendous damage to the left side of his body, and reportedly decapitated Hall's best friend in front of his eyes.

It's not exactly confirmed that Call of Duty was behind Hall's disappearance -- after all, we found the story on Fox News, who has a less than objective view of video gaming as a whole. Regardless, we wish Hall's family the best of luck in locating him, though, as Hall's father pointed out, it's tough to find a Marine that doesn't want to be found.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Eric Hall, a 24-year-old Floridian and retired Marine, has now been missing for a week. His friends say that shortly after playing Call of Duty (4, we assume), Hall "just got up and said that he had to go." He was last seen departing his home on a motorcycle, which was later found on the side of a road. The local sheriff's office claims that the man was suffering from hallucinations and flashbacks to his time spent serving in Iraq, where he was injured during a patrol by an exploding bomb, which did tremendous damage to the left side of his body, and reportedly decapitated Hall's best friend in front of his eyes.

It's not exactly confirmed that Call of Duty was behind Hall's disappearance -- after all, we found the story on Fox News, who has a less than objective view of video gaming as a whole. Regardless, we wish Hall's family the best of luck in locating him, though, as Hall's father pointed out, it's tough to find a Marine that doesn't want to be found.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

My hype for Lost Odyssey is growing... I must have this game...

yea that trailer looks pretty good but its an rpg right? i dont mess with that many rpgs except for mass effect and knotr.

for anybody that wants to play a mini tournament on nba 2k8, join my tournament. its a 4 team tournament basically just for the tourney achievement. i believe its called nbaabn

Yeah, it's a RPG like Final Fantasy...

Originally Posted by cri8nd

Does anybody know how much store credit my brother could get from EB games for a 360?
Maybe about $200 or so, give or take. I believe the MLB 2K8 demo drops on 2/12. I'm looking forward to coppin this as soon as it hits the stores
pimp.gif

yo

i changed up my nt sn and xbox gt

highschoolgradate = purp s1zzurpman ....delete that

im

iHust1e = gt: iHust1e

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

eek.gif
Some ppl really get changed from war
frown.gif

My marine infantry cousin has been to Iraq 3 times,shot and killed many, has been in a humvee while machinegunning that had a rocket hit into and friendsdied before his eyes, and luckily he is the same cool cousin i know
pimp.gif
Ibelieve that marine is still alive... he is just leaving to have time on his own away from everyone, i hope.

smh.gif
I had a 11 kill streak going on CoD4 and the host ended the game...the highest I had was 12 not counting the beta.

I'm having problems with my connection when playing Madden 08. During a game, I'll get a message that says "The connection to your opponent hasbeen lost." The only option I get is to end the game while my opponent has the options to continue vs. the CPU or to just quit the game. I end upgetting a loss in my stats as well as a D/C. This has happened 4 games out of the last 10.

Someone in the Madden 08 thread suggested I ask here and suggested that it may be a problem with my connection but I don't get dropped from any other gamesthat I play online such as NBA 2K8 or COD4, so I don't really know what to do. Does anyone know what's going on with this? Any help is appreciated
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

smh.gif
I had a 11 kill streak going on CoD4 and the host ended the game...the highest I had was 12 not counting the beta.
im jinxed at 17 kill streak, no matter what i cant get past it... i got it like 2 months ago, and now whenever i get to 17 (which seems to berelatively often) something goes wrong, other team airstrikes, random grenade kills me, or my favorite that went down they other day when the host ended thegame and i was 17-0
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

I played a few games of gears and I didn't like it
its worse than halo3
smh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
no way

gears is crack cocaine. there are nights i found myself playing til dawn and didnt even realize it. you probably didnt like it because you were gettingbodied
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I played a few games of gears and I didn't like it
its worse than halo3
smh.gif

eek.gif
i loved gears.

gow2 is #1 mostwanted for me. yes >gta4. im not that hyped for that.

Its really sad that HD-DVD is going to lose the format war. People will regret this in a couple years when Blu-Ray burners are reasonable, and oh wait, youcan't play burnt blu-rays on any player.

I hate Sony sooooo much. I mean, I don't want to hate on the PS3, its a solid system and much like the OG Xbox I feel it will be better in 2-3 years whenthe games are pushing the 360 to the max. I just hate Sony as a company

^^freshhh, did u just change your avy, just for this argument
laugh.gif
... haterboxden gears is much better than halo imo, cod4 is the only shooter game better than it

anybody know a solution to mikej's post

I think the DVD format wars are stupid. I mean the reason you buy a PS3 or 360 is to play games not to watch movies. I laugh at most fan boys all of suddenbecoming DVD guys because Sony makes Blu-Ray while M$ supports HD-DVDs. If someone else was making Blu-ray I bet most sony fanboys would care less about thedvd wars.

i dont know
i just wasnt feeling it
i might try it again later
i didnt like the feel of the game and the fact that its a 3PS, not a FPS

Also, we have 3 or 4 consistent Fifa players on here, we need to find a couple more and get a league going, no 5-star teams

Originally Posted by 84jordan03

anybody know a solution to mikej's post

The response that I'm getting on other forums is that it's a glitch that my opponent is doing. I don't think that is that case at all in mysituation. It's happened 3 times playing against other people on NT and I know none of them disconnected on purpose. Here is the response I got fromanother forum:
dont believe thAT crap for a minute, its a glitch goin around i jus don know a nam for it. its happened to me since december and it only happens when im winning,ive lost over 20 games that i had the lead in because of this crap and the only thing ive been able to do is take the L and try to watch out for that player next time. ....and dont believe that their jus pullin thier connection cause me and a friend of mine tried it and neither one of us got a loss or a win..........sorry i couldnt be of any more help though............

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Its really sad that HD-DVD is going to lose the format war. People will regret this in a couple years when Blu-Ray burners are reasonable, and oh wait, you can't play burnt blu-rays on any player.

I hate Sony sooooo much. I mean, I don't want to hate on the PS3, its a solid system and much like the OG Xbox I feel it will be better in 2-3 years when the games are pushing the 360 to the max. I just hate Sony as a company

I do too...
smh.gif
Sony has always been cheap to me since PS1 ended... PS1 was SOLID... Even that had some issues... PS2 was eh because we saw the Dreamcast...And the Dreamcast was way better... Thank god the first Xbox came out... Granted it was always #2 behind PS2 for sales... It was a much better machine... Ionly wish 360 would've made the hard drive standard... What were you thinking MS? You had them in all the OG Xbox's, why take one step back? Then wewouldn't even need to worry about a higher storage medium... Every game could have a little stored on the HDD... Oh well... I know I'll sound like afanboy for this but, I think my Xbox 360 is great at what it does, and I don't see even the "Mighty PS3" changing that... Regardless of their"victories"...

And jblack, I do get into the HD DVD/Blu-ray discussions because I love HD and HD content... I don't try to sound like a fanboy... Just throwing that outthere... I know we're cool... Your brother get his Phillips fixed? Or is he looking for a replacement?

nnarum wrote:
And jblack, I do get into the HD DVD/Blu-ray discussions because I love HD and HD content... I don't try to sound like a fanboy... Just throwing that out there... I know we're cool... Your brother get his Phillips fixed? Or is he looking for a replacement?

Yeah I know your into HD and TVs and all. Those comments were not to you. Just people who are fanyboys on both sides that are only backing blu-ray orhd-dvd because their favorite company backs them up or makes it. I haven't called my brother yet, but I think he's just gonna get a new one. Not surethough.

i dont know
i just wasnt feeling it
i might try it again later
i didnt like the feel of the game and the fact that its a 3PS, not a FPS

just pull out the shotty and go to work. theres no better feeling then rushing someone at full speed, pulling the trigger, and watching them splattereverywhere
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom