OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Loving the album, but i can't decide which "Yeezy graffiti" i wanna use for my artwork :lol:

"They ordered champagne but still look thirsty, rock Forever21 but just turned Thir-Tay! 
laugh.gif
Corny. 

I think this album is dope. It seems people don't want Kanye to grow as an artist and go in different direction with the music.
I love the hook on Guilt trip that's probably I like Pusha T's Blocka. Blood on the leaves is crazy. Can't go wrong with that sample.

I think this album is dope. It seems people don't want Kanye to grow as an artist and go in different direction with the music.
I love the hook on Guilt trip that's probably I like Pusha T's Blocka. Blood on the leaves is crazy. Can't go wrong with that sample.
f all that growing as an artist...joint is trash. MJ grew as a baseball player but he was still trash.

Anyone not listening until the 18th? :nerd:
ima wait to get the official cd. not messin with these rips
Anyone not listening until the 18th? :nerd:

nope... i've waited long enough

thought u were a true fan :smh:

I am. I just bought 2 copies

Is the leak the same as the CD?​

The thing I hate about Kanye leaks and why I'm tryna wait until Tuesday is that Kanye likes to change **** up last minute so the leaks are rarely the same as the final versions​

i said da dsame thing but now im like eff it my body is toor eady

I just listened to all the songs that leaked and this album sounds like 808 and Heartbreaks.     I'm not feeling it at all.  
mean.gif

Last edited:
f all that growing as an artist...joint is trash. MJ grew as a baseball player but he was still trash.

Yeah, that's the same thing as saying "you don't like it cause you're too basic" or "too simple minded"

It's just an excuse to defend the artist, and make yourself seem smarter/ahead of the times cause you "get it"

I haven't listened to this yet so I'm not talking about this album specifically. But different doesn't mean better, it can just as well mean worse.

you guys have the wrong mindset. dont look at this as a rap album this is just pure music. the same thing with 808s it wasnt rap it was melodies. this is something new this is kanye west

So after anticipating this album since it's announcement I just finished listening to it all the way through & to my surprise (Based on so many negative comments), I honestly wasn't as disappointed as most.

This album is different. An infusion of every element Kanye has been developing since College Dropout. Hate it or love it, the album really shows the essence of his artistry and in my opinion the genius behind this guy (no stan just giving credit where credit it due). I think people need to chill with all the album comparisons because each one has served a different purpose. You CANNOT expect College Dropout material from a person who no longer is dealing with those same struggles. My dude is not in his mid 20's any more so of course the message and subject matters are going to be different. It's called growing up and evolving. If you want some recent Kanye that has a LR era vibe...pop in MBDTF and play it until you are blue in the face :smh: . That album was made for the fans seeking that material.

Now, as far as Yeezus...I enjoyed a little more than half the tracks (Save: Hold my Liquor, Im In It, Guilt Trip). Songs that stood out of course are Bound 2, but surprisingly On Sight is what set the tone for me. I like the direction he was trying to go I just wish he maybe would have spent more time on the record (selfish thing to say I know). Could have definitely gone without Keef and I felt some pieces felt a little out of sync rhythmically. Took away from the vibe and distracted me as a listener. I think had those 3-4 of these songs been replaced the album maybe would have met the high expectations set forth. One last point though, I wish Travi$ Scott would get dropped. I Seriously am starting to hate his production. He kind of killed it for me with the elements he brought to the tracks (chill with vocal stutter FX :x).

All in all I give Yeezus a 6.5/10 . Solid for only being 10 tracks, but just misses the mark on re-playability. (Late Registration>College Dropout>Graduation>808's>MBDTF>Yeezus)

Late Registration
College Dropout
MBDTF
808s
Graduation
Yeezus

that 2-4 rank could change depending on my mood

Last edited:
you guys have the wrong mindset. dont look at this as a rap album this is just pure music. the same thing with 808s it wasnt rap it was melodies. this is something new this is kanye west
Well I'm not feeling the new Kanye West.   Whether it's hip hop or not. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom