OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

I would have to agree with everyone and say that this album is pretty weak from a lyrics standpoint. I still like it tho cause the production is decent. Kanye clearly made this album for music heads, and not for the hip-hop heads. hardcore hip-hop fans just wont get into this album. I had it playing in my car the other night when me and my boys were going out to some bars and they were just like "wtf are we listening to!?" and telling me to change the song even tho they didn't even let one song rock for more than 30 seconds. then eventually i put 2 Chainz on and they wrere all happy. it was quite funny :lol:

The proper acoustics to listen to Yeezus.

We all know Kanyes beats > lyrics.

Are these even Kanye's beats? He's a co-producer on a fair amount of them.
and all he does is include a whistle and horn and then he is titled a co-producer :rolleyes
idk i used to be a kanye fan but every since graduation i havent really ben feeling his whole style or whatever. im probably the only hiphop person who hasnt heard mbdtf
*puts flame suit on

IMO he went way to experimental on this album. If he stayed a little closer to MBDTF in terms of style, I think it would have been A LOT better. Not saying he had to make the exact same thing, but just stray a little less with the style.

Can we all agree this is Kanyes worst album? If not what would you put above it?

This album and 808's running neck n neck til I hear the other 4 tracks if those songs go hard this 1 is better than 808's but that about it
Unless you include cruel

This album and 808's running neck n neck til I hear the other 4 tracks if those songs go hard this 1 is better than 808's but that about it
Unless you include cruel

Atleast 808 was new dont wanna say "revolutionary" but new...this album sounds like all the songs that didnt make 808. I listend to it 4 times...some songs were truly punishment so hard not to skip. Im 30 years old and i feel music is meant for situations in life....

For example:
Early Morning driving into work, Jayz, John Legend etc.
Working out 2 Chainz or Wayne
Late nights leaving the club dolo i listen to Nas or Jcole.

Get my point....where does this album fit in your day seriously?

I couldn't say this is Kanye's worst album, at least not yet anyway. I honestly don't know where I would rank it.

I'm 26, I've been a Kanye fan since the source told me to listen to the Jesus Walks snippet back in 2003. I still have a burned copy of the College Dropout demo somewhere. I have bought every single Kanye album on release date (besides 808's) I've heard a good majority of Kanye's features. Am I a Kanye stan? NT might say so, but I won't force myself to listen to music I don't like. I won't defend Kanye when he acts like an idiot.

With that being said, what makes Kanye my favorite artist, is that throughout the years, NONE of his albums have sounded alike. He's constantly changing his sound. For the better or for the worse, but how many other rappers can say the same. Thug Motivation 101 was a BANGER, but EVERY Jeezy album sounds identical. I used to enjoy Rick Ross's music, but half of his albums sound the same. I appreciate the change. And I like the music for what it is. If you don't oh well, Kanye didn't make this album for you.

I was telling my friend last night, Kanye is a VERY moody and VERY emotional individual. He has always gone through phases in his music that reflect his life. Look at CD and LR, before he got super mainstream/popular. Then Graduation comes, he's enjoying his spotlight, he's enjoying life, and he makes a feel good, album. 808's comes along, and Kanye was heartbroken in many ways, and let that show with his actions, his music, etc. MBDTF was his comeback album, his "I had suicidal thoughts that I defeated and this is what my fans want." WTT was once again, him enjoying the luxuries of his life, with some reflection here and there, but Kanye was having fun in life, dude was living it up.

And here comes Yeezus. You can argue all you want, but Kanye is PISSED he just had a baby with Kim K, from the moment we saw that video of him screaming on stage, Kanye is not happy. His most popular song (Gold Digger) became his real life. Yeezus is a combination of his anger and hate toward everything that represents. His current spot in life. Maybe I'm looking into it to much, but to me, it kinda makes sense.

When I want real hip hop, I'll listen to Kendrick, when I want soul samples I'll play some KRIT, when I just want to have fun with some good production and some lyrics that, yes at times are laughable, but are what make's Kanye, Kanye, I'll listen to Yeezus.

End rant :rofl:

Atleast 808 was new dont wanna say "revolutionary" but new...this album sounds like all the songs that didnt make 808. I listend to it 4 times...some songs were truly punishment so hard not to skip. Im 30 years old and i feel music is meant for situations in life....

For example:
Early Morning driving into work, Jayz, John Legend etc.
Working out 2 Chainz or Wayne
Late nights leaving the club dolo i listen to Nas or Jcole.

Get my point....where does this album fit in your day seriously?

I'm not really the mood music type of guy

Some things I rock with some I don't

But I know what you're saying Black Skinhead imo is like the new intro for the Chicago Bulls as soon as it comes on I hear aaaaannnndddd now the starting lineup....So I can see that as a workout joint

New Slaves is Clique part II no Hov no Sean sort of kinda party-ish

Blood on the leaves and Bound 2 is classic Kanye I don't understand nobody who hates those 2 unless you don't have a vessel

Send it up is ok but I'm bias on that joint cuz I know Lou personally

Guilt trip I'm on the fence with The rest is wack

808 was depressing and some of them songs sounded like ode's to suicide at least this album has a few fun up beat groove to joints on it

Listened to it most of the weekend and then listened to 808's again to see why people are using the comparison. Hated 808's and re-listening to it I still do. The only reason you can make a comparison is because it's experimental in the way it doesn't follow the typical Hip-Hop formula and he uses autotune, past that they're miles apart. 808's is so melancholy and depressing. Yeezus is amped up and in your face with way better production. I agree the lyrics are a bit lacking in Yeezus but it's pretty damn good. It's funny how so many people in here on other threads always talk about embracing progression and that people shouldn't be stuck in the classic or 90's hip-hop sound but then Kanye goes completely out of the box and it's like why didn't he stay classic. At least it's not more watered down trap beats.

I'm going to start off by saying i'm not big on other genre's honestly. i may like a rock song here and there a small bit of an house track etc etc

With that said i love this album still. why because it still sounds VERY hiphop to me, If ye had matched the beats with lyrics like WTT or more like he did on new slaves i would be even more excited about the album. The vibe on this album is just something i'm really drawn too.

It has nothing to do with being different, Cudi's Indicud was different and i thought it was trash... This album just sounds good regardless how many different sounds he's used.

Some great points from MikeJeffJo and Cragmatic. Also i will say i never listened to rock music No Nine Inch Nails or Rage against the Machine...

But its very easy for me to see why i liked his first albums and not his latter...hes a different person.

http://kicksaddict.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kanye-west-wearing-nike-air-yeezys-01.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/indie/kanyeti-mask.jpg[img]

Back
Top Bottom