OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

laugh.gif
@ people picking and choosing what to like....I **** w/ cole, hov, and ye albums...all 3 are different and dope in their own way

Y'all can have that whale album tho
And they're all on the same team 
roll.gif

I did...

Still feel that way. 

I don't back peddle...

As a whole body of work BS is better. 

This ***** somewhere with Daft Punk getting consoled 

I know it won't happen, but what if Kanye went and dropped a straight hip hop album after hearing Magna Carta?

It really seems like Ye and Jay possibly had a fall out. It was like Jay decided to drop MCHG out of no where to show Kanye what a hip hop album sounds like. And Kanye had NO involvement with it... hmmmm.....

This ***** somewhere with Daft Punk getting consoled 

I know it won't happen, but what if Kanye went and dropped a straight hip hop album after hearing Magna Carta?

It really seems like Ye and Jay possibly had a fall out. It was like Jay decided to drop MCHG out of no where to show Kanye what a hip hop album sounds like. And Kanye had NO involvement with it... hmmmm.....

Kinda reaching there lol...but who knows...but im sure Kanye knew about it...probably needed to focus on releasing his stuff first...plus the baby....but who knows for sure

Something went haywire for Ye...

laugh.gif

Think about it...he couldn't have dropped that at the worse time. 

Cole hit him in the gut, and Magna Carter was like the fatality. 

For real, Ye doesn't even rep hip hop, so whatever he's doing, he won't have the longevity of Jay. 

Look at his sales. He'll struggle to reach gold. And that's not Ye for you. 

He dropped a dud right when two artist dropped heat in the same time frame. 

Last edited:

:lol:

For real, Ye doesn't even rep hip hop, so whatever he's doing, he won't have the longevity of Jay. 

I do agree Yeezus was rushed...he even admits it in an interview...but Yeezus isnt suppose to be a traditional hip hop album anyways...also he doesnt care for sales...that wasnt the goal for him anyways to sell or reach platinum or whatever...

I mean, Jay did announce MCHG two days before Yeezus released, he pretty much did what he could to steal any shine Kanye had for Yeezus. That couldn't have been purely coincidence.

I know the timing wasn't the same, but when Kanye made 808's, Jay released DOA.... but then again Ye was on BP3.

The difference between Ye and Jay, is that Ye doesn't only care about commercial success.

He actually took the risk to drop an album that may not sell big, just because he wanted to do something different. Jay-Z would never do that.

Jay-Z only has "longevity" because he's keeping himself relevant by doing non-hip hop related things.

Last edited:
The difference between Ye and Jay, is that Ye doesn't only care about commercial success.

He actually took the risk to drop an album that may not sell big, just because he wanted to do something different. Jay-Z would never do that.

Jay-Z only has "longevity" because he's keeping himself relevant by doing non-hip hop related things.
Trash is trash. 

Cole outselling Kanye now, and then this happened. 

If Kanye cared about one thing in the past it was quality. Not anymore. 

Last edited:

Trash is trash. 

I can understand the angle that people think Yeezus is trash or flopped sales wise but that doesn't mean Kanye's career is falling off. It just means he tried to do something different musically and it wasn't received well. From a musical standpoint he's earned the right to experiment. We all know his next album will probably be fire.

He still has a better track record than Jay-Z among music fans and will go down as the better artist. If we're talking about the music. If we're talking about owning percentages of sports teams or making business deals with tech companies that's a different story.

Last edited:
I would never say "BIT"

but you don't think MCHG is kind of Kanye's lane?
and would have never happened if Kanye didn't inspire Jay a few years back?

in any case, they might as well make their WTT2 now that they both dropped their individual albums.

I can understand the angle that people think Yeezus is trash or flopped sales wise but that doesn't mean Kanye's career is falling off. It just means he tried to do something different musically and it wasn't received well. From a musical standpoint he's earned the right to experiment. We all know his next album will probably be fire.

He still has a better track record than Jay-Z among music fans and will go down as the better artist.
If we're talking about the music. If we're talking about owning percentages of sports teams or making business deals with tech companies that's a different story.
You didn't :x
I love Kanye and I love Jay. I like Yeezus, I like MCHG. Ye has greater success in recent memory but Jay owned the late 90s and early 00s.

ALSO I was at work, dude said Yeezus was trash while praising French Montana new album.. >D
Guess it speaks to different musical taste.

Last edited:
I mean, Jay did announce MCHG two days before Yeezus released, he pretty much did what he could to steal any shine Kanye had for Yeezus. That couldn't have been purely coincidence.

I know the timing wasn't the same, but when Kanye made 808's, Jay released DOA.... but then again Ye was on BP3.

Stop reaching for a riff. Jay was at Ye's release party, which was recent. Ye just had a baby, which is the most logical reason for his absence at Jay's album release. Plus the tour with Justin was announced before Yeezus was wasn't it? How are you going to co-headline a tour with old music?

He still has a better track record than Jay-Z among music fans and will go down as the better artist. If we're talking about the music. If we're talking about owning percentages of sports teams or making business deals with tech companies that's a different story.
I can't even...

People talk about Kanye being in the top the top ten or three?

People don't even mention him as one of the top producers anymore because of how he uses others.

Trash is trash. 

By even saying that, you're bending over and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Its like you're subconsciously in denial about dude failing.

And he does not have a better track record than Jay. Stop acting like you don't know the numbers man :lol:

Dude has had now 12 number 1 abums... If we're talking about the music? C'mon... Stop acting like just because Kanye USED to make his own beats that musically he is better. Dude couldn't even hold together a solid 16 without Cons and them. And I'm a Ye fan.

Kanye ain't even a top 10 rapper. Dude is too busy trying to be Kurt Cobain or Michael Jackson. And he ain't even close.

But his fans will tell you otherwise (of course)

Someone always trying to make Kanye out to be some sort of genius or something :lol:

At one point Kanye was the underdog. Dude stirred up so much media when he dropped the same day as 50. How you go from outselling one of the biggest names in hip hop history, to being outsold by Wale and J cole?

Kanye is either crossing over for good with this album, or he's just going to be one of those artists that try to make a "comeback" if this **** doesn't work out at this point.

Last edited:
Some of your are too emotional involved with this "Ye falling off" and "Yeezus vs the world" debate. I think this is more of a failed marketing experiment oppose to Ye falling off.

Yeezus is different than most of his catalogue to date. Of course, some will be put off and some will like it.

Last edited:
I'm actually glad he's getting outsold by Wale, and that the people (aside from critics who were going to "like" the album regardless) aren't rocking with this.

He tried to cheat the people and hide it by saying he's being as minimalistic as possible. Come on man, A jewel case with a piece of red tape? No Booklet? 10 songs? 10 songs with no apparent concept just thrown together? Really? That's cool?

Two weeks ago we had to study "Blood on the Leaves" in class, and had to read the lyrics as it was playing. When the song was over, legitimately almost everyone's reaction was basically "What the Hell :rolleyes ? " That's the reaction for almost every song on this album. What the hell is this guy talking about on most of these songs :lol:

Such a fall from grace. Dude is literally becoming "that" artist right in front of us. That artist who everyone says was hot, but over time the quality of music just fell off |I

I'm actually glad he's getting outsold by Wale, and that the people (aside from critics who were going to "like" the album regardless) aren't rocking with this.

He tried to cheat the people and hide it by saying he's being as minimalistic as possible. Come on man, A jewel case with a piece of red tape? No Booklet? 10 songs? 10 songs with no apparent concept just thrown together? Really? That's cool?

Two weeks ago we had to study "Blood on the Leaves" in class, and had to read the lyrics as it was playing. When the song was over, legitimately almost everyone's reaction was basically "What the Hell :rolleyes ? " That's the reaction for almost every song on this album. What the hell is this guy talking about on most of these songs :lol:

Such a fall from grace. Dude is literally becoming "that" artist right in front of us. That artist who everyone says was hot, but over time the quality of music just fell off |I

Why were you studying blood on the leaves in class? :lol:

What class?

Ye' on his Willy Wonka **** right now. Literally with this shoe and figuratively with his actions. I think dude got a hit factory of tracks and he's just letting his oompa loompa's bounce to it privately.

Back
Top Bottom