OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Am I the only one in the universe who thinks MBDTF was overrated as hell?? Not a bad album by any means, but not a classic like seemingly everyone thinks.

No you're not the only one, though after recently going back to listen to it, it's not the total overblown mess I originally thought it was. Overblown, yes, but not a mess.

Kanye and Just joined The Roc late but between 01-05 they created a sound for the whole roster and changed the game period. You can't give credit to one and knock the other. That don't make even sense cuz they both were making great beats and had pretty much the same amount of material. Neither one of those dudes are replaceable.

This. 01-05 was peak ROC and unfortunately will never be replicated again, no matter hard people may try

Last edited:
02 was still NY's time. The south ain't start taking over until 04-05 when TIP, Wayne and the whole Houston movement came.

I think it was 03. I honestly look back and see Bone Crusher's "Neva Scared" as the turning point. And then you essentially had the NY remix that sort of embraced the music. Obviously, we've had groups largely recognized and appreciated before, but that song dominated 106 & Park, which had clout at the time.

I ain't exactly a fan of homie either, but Ian Connor isn't meant to stir up the 25+ crowd. he's a fashion Icon to the teens & has a very strong holding in that demographic. He branded himself and it has turned into having relationships with 3 of the biggest stars in rap, while not even being musically inclined. Whether i like his style or not you have to respect someone being able to demand that much interest by simply being themselves

I'm 25....he just seems like a slow kid with terrible fashion taste. He looks like ASAP Rocky's annoying little brother that they have to let tag along. Even his Instagram looks like ****. I guess he thinks low quality mirror pics, smoking cigs, giving the finger and wearing old corny BAPE shoes that nobody wants to wear anymore is cool. I don't know what the hell kids are thinking of him as a "fashion icon."

I ain't exactly a fan of homie either, but Ian Connor isn't meant to stir up the 25+ crowd. he's a fashion Icon to the teens & has a very strong holding in that demographic. He branded himself and it has turned into having relationships with 3 of the biggest stars in rap, while not even being musically inclined. Whether i like his style or not you have to respect someone being able to demand that much interest by simply being themselves

I'm 25....he just seems like a slow kid with terrible fashion taste. He looks like ASAP Rocky's annoying little brother that they have to let tag along. Even his Instagram looks like ****. I guess he thinks low quality mirror pics, smoking cigs, giving the finger and wearing old corny BAPE shoes that nobody wants to wear anymore is cool. I don't know what the hell kids are thinking of him as a "fashion icon."

These kinds of grandiose descriptions are thrown around pretty freely in here :lol:

the definition  diq riding.... Amber and Lisa coming out of the woodworks. riding the wave of another celebrities relevance... 
mean.gif

Last edited:
See there's a difference between stating an opinion and pure hating... Ye/Just Blaze helped create Blueprint and literally changed the sound of Rap for the next 3-4 years. College Dropout came out on Rocafella and completely changed the perception of what a successful mainstream album could sound like. Anyone who's production style changed rap can't be boxed in as being replaceable

I agree!

"everybody looping up soul/
It's like they tryna make the blueprint 2 before hov"

Last edited:
These kinds of grandiose descriptions are thrown around pretty freely in here :lol:

HE IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST INFLUENCES FOR THE TEEN DEMOGRAPHIC IN HIPHOP/POP CULTURE. HOW IS THAT SOME KIND OF GRANDIOSE DESCRIPTION. HE IS AROUND AND IS VERY INVOLVED WITH THE STYLE OF PROBABLY THE TWO BIGGEST STYLE INFLUENCERS OF THAT 15-25 YR OLD DEMOGRAPHIC. SO YES THAT DESCRIPTION FITS HIM VERY WELL

HE IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST INFLUENCES FOR THE TEEN DEMOGRAPHIC IN HIPHOP/POP CULTURE. HOW IS THAT SOME KIND OF GRANDIOSE DESCRIPTION. HE IS AROUND AND IS VERY INVOLVED WITH THE STYLE OF PROBABLY THE TWO BIGGEST STYLE INFLUENCERS OF THAT 15-25 YR OLD DEMOGRAPHIC. SO YES THAT DESCRIPTION FITS HIM VERY WELL

Really? Someone is that demo just disagreed.

My younger brother is in that demo and has no idea who he is. Doesn't strike me as someone we should apply the term "icon" to.

If you go back a few pages, there are several people asking who he is and what he does.

Maybe you need to stop projecting your small circle onto every person from the age of 15-25. Not everyone's world revolves around or is "influenced by" Kanye, ASAP and their associates. Some people have real life, real world "influences" that they actually interact with.

And unlock the caps while you're at it mama :lol:

Last edited:
I'll give you the mainstream, but how exactly did Kanye's production style change rap as a whole?

SO YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT HE CHANGED THE SOUND OF MAINSTREAM POPULAR RAP, BUT ARE QUESTIONING HOW THAT CAN BE CONSIDERED CHANGING THE SOUND OF RAP.

NOT TO MENTION THAT EVEN OUTSIDE OF THE MAINSTREAM, MOST RAPPERS EVEN ON THE MIXTAPE LEVEL WERE TRYING TO DO NOTHING BUT SOUL SAMPLES AND THAT'S DUE LARGELY TO YE & JUST WORK WITH ROCAFELLA.

USUALLY WHEN DECIPHERING SOMEONE'S IMPACT ON MUSIC, POPULAR CULTURE AND MAINSTREAM MUSIC IS WHAT'S DISCUSSED. IF YOU ONLY CHANGED THE SOUND OF A SMALL PORTION OF THE CULTURE YOUR IMPACT ISN'T BIG

HENCE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD BEING UPSET THAT PEOPLE ARE PROCLAIMING MAX B HAD A HUGE IMPACT, I LOVE MAX & HE HAS DEF HAD AN INFLUENCE ON SOME CATS BUT IF YOU DIDN'T CHANGE THE SOUND OF POPULAR MUSIC HOW IMPACTFUL ARE YOU REALLY.

My younger brother is in that demo and has no idea who he is. Doesn't strike me as someone we should apply the term "icon" to.

If you go back a few pages, there are several people asking who he is and what he does.

Maybe you need to stop projecting your small circle onto every person from the age of 15-25.

OKAY I'M SORRY THE OPINION OF YOUR BROTHERS & A FEW NT'ERS HOLDS MORE CREDENCE IN GAUGING SOMEONES IMPACT IN FASHION THAN MEDIA OUTLETS WHO FEED OFF OF THAT DEMOGRAPHIC, HIGHSNOBSOCIETY, COMPLEX, FOURPINS, SSENSE.......... WIZ KHALIFA, ASAP ROCKY & KANYE WEST

DESPITE THOSE OUTLETS LITERALLY WRITING ARTICLES PROCLAIMING HIM ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE YOUTH IN FASHION, YOUR LITTLE BROTHER SAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW EM SO ALL IS INVALID :rolleyes

AND YEESUS DROPPED YOU WAS *****IN, A YEAR LATER YOU WAS *****IN, I'M A KANYE FAN I'VE BEEN OUT THE THREAD FOR MONTHS.... COME BACK AND YOUR STILL *****IN

FROM ALL ARE ENCOUNTERS ON NT YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT KANYE'S IMPACT IS SEVERELY OVERSTATED YET SOMEHOW YOU ARE CONSTANTLY DISCUSSING KANYE....

MCHG and Yeezus were both awful albums. I mean awful. I wish they didn't release. I love when that album is brought up to Kanye, he looks so regretful in every recent interview. Almost embarrassed.

Y'all giving Kanye too much credit for his Rocafella days. He wasn't producing their hit singles and it was usually a few songs off each album. Those beats were easily replaceable.

I'm still trying to figure out how Travis Scoot became popular. He's basically the accepted version of Soulja Boy. His look, raps, style, beats are all stolen. I guess because Kanye took him in, he's accepted. If Kanye took in Soulja Boy, people would love him too.

Ballerific no shot at u, u cool but why everyone always say Travis stole his style music wise. I always thought he influenced Ye with Yeezus & MTBDF

Yeah Ballerific is cool but that whole post is basically nonsense.

Maybe you need to stop projecting your small circle onto every person from the age of 15-25.

OKAY I'M SORRY THE OPINION OF YOUR BROTHERS & A FEW NT'ERS HOLDS MORE CREDENCE IN GAUGING SOMEONES IMPACT IN FASHION THAN MEDIA OUTLETS WHO FEED OFF OF THAT DEMOGRAPHIC, HIGHSNOBSOCIETY, COMPLEX, FOURPINS, SSENSE.......... WIZ KHALIFA, ASAP ROCKY & KANYE WEST

DESPITE THOSE OUTLETS LITERALLY WRITING ARTICLES PROCLAIMING HIM ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE YOUTH IN FASHION, YOUR LITTLE BROTHER SAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW EM SO ALL IS INVALID :rolleyes

AND YEESUS DROPPED YOU WAS *****IN, A YEAR LATER YOU WAS *****IN, I'M A KANYE FAN I'VE BEEN OUT THE THREAD FOR MONTHS.... COME BACK AND YOUR STILL *****IN

FROM ALL ARE ENCOUNTERS ON NT YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT KANYE'S IMPACT IS SEVERELY OVERSTATED YET SOMEHOW YOU ARE CONSTANTLY DISCUSSING KANYE....

I thought we were discussing Ian Connor though.

You are shortcircuiting right now son.

Catch up on the thread and read. Where am I *****IN? I already said I'm done discussing the last album. Want to look up what I thought of "Only One"? "Wolves"? "Real Friends"? "No More Parties". You bringing up old thread baggage. You gotta let that go. All that baggage and caps lock angst ain't healthy.

The fact that you're letting the "media" guide your train of thought is all I need to know about you.

I wish you well.

Last edited:
I thought we were discussing Ian Connor though.

You are shortcircuiting right now son.

Catch up on the thread and read. Where am It *****IN? I already said I'm done discussing the last album. Want to look up what I thought of "Only One"? "Wolves"? "Real Friends"?

The fact that you're letting the "media" guide your train of thought is all I need to know about you.

I wish you well.

I'M SORRY MAYBE I SHOULD SIT DOWN AND DISCUSS THE THE FUTURE OF FASHION WIT SOME NTER'S & YOUR LIL BROTHER RATHER THEN PUBLICATIONS WHO ARE PAID TO DISCUSS FASHION TRENDS OR GUYS WHO ARE INFLUENCING THE FASHION OF THE YOUTH. THAT SOUNDS VERY REASONABLE AND A PERFECT WAY TO GAUGE THE INTEREST OF A HUGE DEMOGRAPHIC.

MCHG and Yeezus were both awful albums. I mean awful. I wish they didn't release. I love when that album is brought up to Kanye, he looks so regretful in every recent interview. Almost embarrassed.

Y'all giving Kanye too much credit for his Rocafella days. He wasn't producing their hit singles and it was usually a few songs off each album. Those beats were easily replaceable.

I'm still trying to figure out how Travis Scoot became popular. He's basically the accepted version of Soulja Boy. His look, raps, style, beats are all stolen. I guess because Kanye took him in, he's accepted. If Kanye took in Soulja Boy, people would love him too.

Ballerific no shot at u, u cool but why everyone always say Travis stole his style music wise. I always thought he influenced Ye with Yeezus & MTBDF

Appreciate the respect.

I heard about about him when he first broke out and saw pics then and now. His wardrobe is basically a straight copy of A$AP Rocky and Kanye. Zero originality. As for his music, it's a very generic Atlanta sound. No originality again. I don't know if his album is different but it sounds just like your typical trap sound. I don't know why he gets a pass for copying what everyone else is doing.

As for MBDTF, didn't think he had anything to do with it. Maybe he did and I wasn't aware.

As for Yeezus, I heard he had a lot to do with it. Whether it was influence, lyrics or actual production, I don't know. Yeezus was on my computer less than a month and then it was gone.

I know a lot of rappers sound the same today with flows, melodies and beats and I can't stand it. I also know it's accepted and somewhat normal now but I don't see how Scott just comes out on the scene and blows up so quick.

Just blaze ain't Kanye....jay z still "riding kanyes #wave" as y'all like to say :lol: WTT[emoji]128064[/emoji]

He's was being generous :pimp:

HOV outshined Kanye on every song on WTT

last time I checked MCHG outsold ASSus

That Samsung deal saved that album

So the song with Justin Timberlake and "Tom Ford" didn't happen?

"**** withmeyouknowIgotit"?

"Picasso Baby" didn't get a Grammy nom for Best Video? And lose to JT/Jay Z "Suit And Tie"?

Ignorance is bliss :lol:
Kanye west the biggest rockstar out right now

Which means what exactly? Twitter beef?

Let's get a great album. Nothing else matters.

We've talked about this ad nauseum, but New Slaves was nominated for best rap song and Yeezus was nominated for Best Rap Album as well. I get you're just listing Jay's accolades cuz of the topic, but Yeezus got award recognition as well.

And Jay didn't lose best video at the Grammy's, they don't recognize videos. Those were the VMAs you mean. Not making a big deal, just clearing it up since it's a discussion.

There is absolutely a Best Music Video category at the Grammy's.

Y'all really need to do your homework. The information is online. All you have to do is LOOK before you type. Being loud and wrong is not a good look. And that's a major problem with many of you.

All that blah blah about Yeezus has nothing to do with the point I was making. Dude said the Samsung deal "saved" the album. The album performed beyond that. And I've already called it underwhelming, but it is what it is. People bought it. People genuinely liked songs on it. Period.

You can type your little heart out about Yeezus and metacritic etc. I know all about critics. Publications. Publicists. Agendas etc. Notice how the user score is lower?

I'm not even going to get into all of that. I don't need to. You don't need to look far to see how Yeezus was received. But that's not the point. I know what I think about it. So that's all I need to go by. What "critics" think is irrelevant to me. Partially because I know how that game works.

But I guess you had to let some things go/felt some type of way since you responded to me even though I wasn't even really talking about Yeezus at all over the last few pages other than to say both it and MCHG were underwhelming and that I can't wait for Waves so we can STOP talking about Yeezus :lol:

Didn't realize there was a music video award at the Grammys. You learn something every day. As I said, I wasn't trying to slight you was just trying to clarify what I thought you meant.

As far as feeling some type of way, notice you're the only one who takes pot shots at people whenever discussing Yeezus.

Your whole online persona changes whenever this album gets brought up. Everyone has seen that and mentioned it to you before.

But we're the ones in our feels.

You right. *shrug*

Last edited:

Just blaze ain't Kanye....jay z still "riding kanyes #wave" as y'all like to say :lol: WTT[emoji]128064[/emoji]

He's was being generous :pimp:

HOV outshined Kanye on every song on WTT

last time I checked MCHG outsold ASSus

That Samsung deal saved that album

So the song with Justin Timberlake and "Tom Ford" didn't happen?

"**** withmeyouknowIgotit"?

"Picasso Baby" didn't get a Grammy nom for Best Video? And lose to JT/Jay Z "Suit And Tie"?

Ignorance is bliss :lol:
Kanye west the biggest rockstar out right now

Which means what exactly? Twitter beef?

Let's get a great album. Nothing else matters.

We've talked about this ad nauseum, but New Slaves was nominated for best rap song and Yeezus was nominated for Best Rap Album as well. I get you're just listing Jay's accolades cuz of the topic, but Yeezus got award recognition as well.

And Jay didn't lose best video at the Grammy's, they don't recognize videos. Those were the VMAs you mean. Not making a big deal, just clearing it up since it's a discussion.

There is absolutely a Best Music Video category at the Grammy's.

Y'all really need to do your homework. The information is online. All you have to do is LOOK before you type. Being loud and wrong is not a good look. And that's a major problem with many of you.

All that blah blah about Yeezus has nothing to do with the point I was making. Dude said the Samsung deal "saved" the album. The album performed beyond that. And I've already called it underwhelming, but it is what it is. People bought it. People genuinely liked songs on it. Period.

You can type your little heart out about Yeezus and metacritic etc. I know all about critics. Publications. Publicists. Agendas etc. Notice how the user score is lower?

I'm not even going to get into all of that. I don't need to. You don't need to look far to see how Yeezus was received. But that's not the point. I know what I think about it. So that's all I need to go by. What "critics" think is irrelevant to me. Partially because I know how that game works.

But I guess you had to let some things go/felt some type of way since you responded to me even though I wasn't even really talking about Yeezus at all over the last few pages other than to say both it and MCHG were underwhelming and that I can't wait for Waves so we can STOP talking about Yeezus :lol:

Didn't realize there was a music video award at the Grammys. You learn something every day. As I said, I wasn't trying to slight you was just trying to clarify what I thought you meant.

As far as feeling some type of way, notice you're the only one who takes pot shots at people whenever discussing Yeezus.

Your whole online persona changes whenever this album gets brought up. Everyone has seen that and mentioned it to you before.

But we're the ones in our feels.

You right. *shrug*

2016 and you're still wasting your breath on the same unpopular opinion you've been yelling since 2013.

And at the end of the day, be it via ratings, online reviews, or sales, it still doesn't matter. Yeezus was a hit.

But you brought up Yeezus when I wasn't discussing it.

Absolutely nothing you're typing has anything to do with the comments I made and what you replied to.

Are you another one bringing old baggage where it doesn't need to be?

When do you guys move on with your lives? My opinion shouldn't be that important to you.

That's not what "in your feels" is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom