OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

I'm like everyone else and I'm reserving judgement until I hear high quality tracks and I'll make my decision to purchase from there. But I will say this, I won't be disappointed if it is a subpar album, I don't have to buy it. But I think it will be decent, at least I hope so.

I hear you. That's what's hot now though. You can say anything on a track and make hits.

There have been plenty of songs in the 80's and 90's with simple lyrics that are hit records

Ever hear of kurtis blow- basketball is my favorite sport/ I like the way they dribble up and down the court

Quit equating complex to good music, it the feeling is right music is great

Most instant hits are pretty simple or evoke a simple relatable emotion

Last edited:
Thanks for the links but meth gonna be sniping in the morning i promise 
mean.gif

Father Stretch My Hands 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Hip Hop Facts just fell for a Tyga album iTunes link posted by someone that said it was Pabs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There have been plenty of songs in the 80's and 90's with simple lyrics that are hit records

Ever hear of kurtis blow- basketball is my favorite sport/ I like the way they dribble up and down the court

Quit equating complex to good music, it the feeling is right music is great

Most instant hits are pretty simple or evoke a simple relatable emotion
When did I say complex = good music ?

Kanye's albums has become a place for hot beats and vibes.

It's like he doesn't care about the lyrical content anymore

The songs don't have strong concepts

It's just dudes spitting nonsense over fire beats

The MSG thing was genius and he's great at marketing but what I heard music-wise was pretty subpar, and the lyrics were ridiculously bad--no artistic merit to that at all, and for someone who is pretentious enough to get Peter De Potter to do his cover it just seems lazy. How do you call something classic but it comes off like you wrote all the lyrics over a coke-binge? Talk about dating your music. Production was at least interesting, and some of it was really good (really like that Rihanna track), but overall I was disappointed.

All that said, still giving it a shot when it's actually out.

TLOP is on steady repeat over here... 

nthat.gif

absolute fire.. 

i can always complain but wont do any good.. just thankful for new GOOD 

Listened to about 4 songs so far... two were decent to being good. Other two were just awful lyrically. I'll finish the rest tomorrow... sucks that this isn't one of this albums where it's like 'holy shh' off first listen (from the songs I've heard thus far)

The last thing Ye did that had that feeling for me was Watch the Throne.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom