OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

http://www.morningpickup.com/yeezus-album-review/

Kanye West is an egomanic.  Let’s be honest Lex Luger seems like Taylor Swift in comparison to Ye’.  He’s a narsassist’s narsassist.  Kanye clearly has an exaggerated sense of importance.

Mr. West is a prisoner of not only his own success but his stunts that constantly propel his name into the limelight.  In a sense his aggravation with media and paparazzi is self-inflicted.  Its almost comical to watch a person crave for so much attention and yet reject it once it comes his way.

This Yeezus project is nothing more than a soundtrack for Kanye and his “cult of me”.  It’s a public toast to self-indulgence from a man high off power, status, and wealth.  Ironically, the attention and fame that he has worked so hard for and longed for as a young artist now aggravates him.

If his last album was titled My Dark Twisted Fantasy then this should’ve been labeled My Dark Twisted Reality.  From the marketing, visuals, and lyrics or lack there of Kanye has sent a message.  Kanye believes Kanye doesn’t have to provide his fans with a music video or even a single for the radio.  Kanye can just sell a clear CD case with red tape, he doesn’t need album art.  In this digital age Kanye and his team believe that marketing and promotion are beneath them.   The message is basically “Hey,if you don’t know about Yeezus dropping you don’t matter anyway.”  Some might label this marketing strategy as an heroic attempt at challenging the music industry’s standards of practice.  I disagee.  Kanye’s not “changing the game” or “breaking the mold” He’s just being an ***, while his big brother Jay-Z and Samsung are in fact changing the game.

Not only did Kanye skip out on promotion, marketing, and visuals on this project he failed to deliver in the lyrics department also.  No matter how huge an icon or superstar Kanye has becomes he has always been an respected lyricist.  From his debut College Dropout to the recent Watch The Throne, Kanye has always put forth equal effort in lyricism and the production of his albums.

The new guy rapping on Yeezus wasn’t the soulful artist of substance delivering verses with amazing views on American culture and witty humor.  The messages and pictures painted on this album were scattered and shallow.  It’s soulless.  Real recognize real and Yeezus ain’t looking familiar.  With all the ridiculous rumors of Illuminati association this album is definitely more fuel for those crazy conspiracy theorist out there.  At times I found myself thinking “What the $%

kanye-west-ed-lover-cmon-son.jpg

A.  Like the people in the earlier pages of this thread, dude doesn't understand what co-producers are.
B.  Last I checked there were 5 major features on this album... Did the writer even listen to it or just read other people's opinions?
I :lol: 'ed at him calling Lex Luthor "Lex Luger" and ignored the rest of the review
Showing your age thus discrediting your ability to judge what good music is.

Last edited:
When i first started listening to this album i was like what the f is this. Then once i got use to the weird sound of it i like it alot. It's most definitely not the type of album to ride around in a car trying to show off in the hood.

Y'all are buggin. I'd say at least 3/4 of this album bangs in the whip. I bump the whole joint front to back quite louldy with no effs given

I
laugh.gif
'ed at him calling Lex Luthor "Lex Luger" and ignored the rest of the review
1. Lex Luger was a wrestler nicknamed the Narcissist .....so before you
laugh.gif
  you should be
nerd.gif
on google if you didn't know.

2. Everybody knows what co-producers are...but it is a fact that this is the most producer credits on any Kanye album.  Its a fact.

3. The review says no rap features....not features in general
laugh.gif
 MBDTF had 10-11 credited producers on it.

Watch the Throne had 16.

And look at the way he's crediting producers in the liners... Lupe got a production credit on a beat he did NOTHING on (his voice is on the re-mastered us-itunes version of black skinhead instead of Ye's at the start.)  Literally if you contributed anything to the song you wee credited.

Daft Punk and Kanye did the majority of this album with HudMo and Travi$ contributing 1 song each.

And again, then what was King L's verse on Send it Up?

Last edited:
You're either going to love or hate this album. No in between. From that alone, you have to respect it. Kanye is the most evolved artist in rap. He takes the most risks and garners the most critical acclaim. Trust me, if he put out 6 consecutive College Dropouts, with song of the caliber of Jesus Walks and Through The Wire, the songs WE LOVE, the world would forget about him. He'd be done 5 years ago. This is evolution. It's far from my favorite Kanye album but trust he did not disappoint me. This album does not bore me, MCHG bores me. 

You're either going to love or hate this album. No in between. From that alone, you have to respect it. Kanye is the most evolved artist in rap. He takes the most risks and garners the most critical acclaim. Trust me, if he put out 6 consecutive College Dropouts, with song of the caliber of Jesus Walks and Through The Wire, the songs WE LOVE, the world would forget about him. He'd be done 5 years ago. This is evolution. It's far from my favorite Kanye album but trust he did not disappoint me. This album does not bore me, MCHG bores me. 

I disagree with the love it or hate it thing. I just think it's okay. Some songs I like, others are eh.

I disagree with the love it or hate it thing. I just think it's okay. Some songs I like, others are eh.

same,

:lol:  MBDTF had 10-11 credited producers on it.

Watch the Throne had 16.

And look at the way he's crediting producers in the liners... Lupe got a production credit on a beat he did NOTHING on (his voice is on the re-mastered us-itunes version of black skinhead instead of Ye's at the start.)  Literally if you contributed anything to the song you wee credited.

Daft Punk and Kanye did the majority of this album with HudMo and Travi$ contributing 1 song each.

That's just not true.

My homie did major production on a song...

Last edited:
The last verse of "I'm in it" is great... until he ends it with that STUPID line about swaghilli.... lol. It baffles me.
Time to take it too far now

Uh, Michael Douglas out the car now

Uh, got the kids and the wife life

Uh, but can't wake up from the night life

Uh, I'm so scared of my demons

Uh, I go to sleep with a nightlight

Uh, my mind move like a Tron bike

Uh, pop a wheelie on the Zeitgeist

Uh, I'm finna start a new movement

Uh, being led by the drums

Uh, I'm a rap-lic priest

Uh, getting head by the nuns

Uh, they don't play what I'm playin'

Uh, they don't see what I'm sayin'

Uh, they be balling in the D-League

Uh, I be speaking Swaghili

This is GREAT? For really real?

If J. Cole said this same verse would it be great to you?

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Hellllllllllll No!

"I let you feel like you the ****, but boy you can't out-fart me"

All of Cole's Dollar & a Dreams are better than ANYTHING on Yeezus *straight face*

laugh.gif
 MBDTF had 10-11 credited producers on it.

Watch the Throne had 16.

That's just not true.

My homie did major production on a song...

He got a co-producer credit.. Did they sample his track, or he was in the studio with them building it from scratch?  Or added to what they did?

or did he come to them with it and just wasnt credited as the primary?

Last edited:
Not 100% sure, I think they liked the sample and wanted Kanye to rap over it.

Flew him out to Paris, I think they just gave him the background track and let him add to it.
He added a bunch of **** tho, those dog barks are him too :lol: :pimp:
I guess he had more production on it but Rick Rubin took that part out when he was cutting ****.

that's dope man. see if you can get him to detail to you how it all went down. get us an NT exclusive.  I'll even type that **** up article style for you before posting if you want.

hit me with a pm if youre interested

Last edited:
Wasn't It Was Written Nas' 2nd album though? :lol: he's redeemed himself multiple times since then. This is Kanye's 6th album. This is where he stands, unfortunately.

it was written and LR were both solid follow ups to classic debuts, nas caught the god "phraoah" complex with i am and Nastradamus but the music didnt translate well, kanye who did very well with graduation, started to have the same complex towards 808nHB but went full throttle with MBDTF and now Yeezus, the comparison is valid bro id idc idc, ye fallen off something terribul.

Last edited:
I :lol: 'ed at him calling Lex Luthor "Lex Luger" and ignored the rest of the review

1. Lex Luger was a wrestler nicknamed the Narcissist .....so before you :lol:   you should be :nerd: on google if you didn't know.

2. Everybody knows what co-producers are...but it is a fact that this is the most producer credits on any Kanye album.  Its a fact.

3. The review says no rap features....not features in general
Oh. Okay. Don't care for wrestling, never did.

http://www.morningpickup.com/yeezus-album-review/

Kanye West is an egomanic.  Let’s be honest Lex Luger seems like Taylor Swift in comparison to Ye’.  He’s a narsassist’s narsassist.  Kanye clearly has an exaggerated sense of importance.

Mr. West is a prisoner of not only his own success but his stunts that constantly propel his name into the limelight.  In a sense his aggravation with media and paparazzi is self-inflicted.  Its almost comical to watch a person crave for so much attention and yet reject it once it comes his way.

This Yeezus project is nothing more than a soundtrack for Kanye and his “cult of me”.  It’s a public toast to self-indulgence from a man high off power, status, and wealth.  Ironically, the attention and fame that he has worked so hard for and longed for as a young artist now aggravates him.

If his last album was titled My Dark Twisted Fantasy then this should’ve been labeled My Dark Twisted Reality.  From the marketing, visuals, and lyrics or lack there of Kanye has sent a message.  Kanye believes Kanye doesn’t have to provide his fans with a music video or even a single for the radio.  Kanye can just sell a clear CD case with red tape, he doesn’t need album art.  In this digital age Kanye and his team believe that marketing and promotion are beneath them.   The message is basically “Hey,if you don’t know about Yeezus dropping you don’t matter anyway.”  Some might label this marketing strategy as an heroic attempt at challenging the music industry’s standards of practice.  I disagee.  Kanye’s not “changing the game” or “breaking the mold” He’s just being an ***, while his big brother Jay-Z and Samsung are in fact changing the game.

Not only did Kanye skip out on promotion, marketing, and visuals on this project he failed to deliver in the lyrics department also.  No matter how huge an icon or superstar Kanye has becomes he has always been an respected lyricist.  From his debut College Dropout to the recent Watch The Throne, Kanye has always put forth equal effort in lyricism and the production of his albums.

The new guy rapping on Yeezus wasn’t the soulful artist of substance delivering verses with amazing views on American culture and witty humor.  The messages and pictures painted on this album were scattered and shallow.  It’s soulless.  Real recognize real and Yeezus ain’t looking familiar.  With all the ridiculous rumors of Illuminati association this album is definitely more fuel for those crazy conspiracy theorist out there.  At times I found myself thinking “What the $%

kanye-west-ed-lover-cmon-son.jpg

A.  Like the people in the earlier pages of this thread, dude doesn't understand what co-producers are.
B.  Last I checked there were 5 major features on this album... Did the writer even listen to it or just read other people's opinions?
Showing your age thus discrediting your ability to judge what good music is.
And you've discredited your ability to be taken seriously at all by being a resident troll in S&T..

it was written and LR were both solid follow ups to classic debuts, nas caught the god "phraoah" complex with i am and Nastradamus but the music didnt translate well, kanye who did very well with graduation, started to have the same complex towards 808nHB but went full throttle with MBDTF and now Yeezus, the comparison is valid bro id idc idc, ye fallen off something terribul.
But Nas still kept it hip hop...just the beats changed, and he went the commercial route. 

I mean Tone and Poke were responsible for him crossing over, along with Stoute...but I can never say Nas turned completely wack.

He just went from being a thought provoking MC to following trends. 

But Nas still kept it hip hop...just the beats changed, and he went the commercial route. 

I mean Tone and Poke were responsible for him crossing over, along with Stoute...but I can never say Nas turned completely wack.

He just went from being a thought provoking MC to following trends. 

It was written = classic

Back
Top Bottom