OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Also I hate to be one of them “Kanye thread ******” but it’s kinda genius to tour an album before it drops :lol:

Bruh might have already recouped off merch and tickets without it ever touching streaming :lol:.

Fool me once…
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first time that we got a date from someone reputable? I know the LA guy was pushing a date and then people were going off of the placeholders by Apple- is this the first time someone high in his clique mentioned a date?
I wouldn't trust any source at this point, regardless of how "reputable" they might be. The Apple dates are just placeholders as well. Nobody has any idea.

I wouldn't trust any source at this point, regardless of how "reputable" they might be. The Apple dates are just placeholders as well. Nobody has any idea.
Even now Kanye hasn't said a thing about dropping the album. So idky ppl are mad when all they've been running w/ is speculation & hearsay.

F0AB6F7F-4BB3-40F4-A40B-624C46261612.jpeg

8446FF40-B0BE-4490-8274-A085D9967EDA.jpeg

Personally i think this is really just a mix of him really genuinely wanting to fine tune the album to perfection x Money grab/promotion for the project.

But if anybody in music would try to pull off essentially a stadium to stadium "art installation" it would be Kanye :lol: . Bu's tweets mixed in with him having the show in Chicago does have me leaning towards that date sticking but who knows with dude.

Even now Kanye hasn't said a thing about dropping the album. So idky ppl are mad when all they've been running w/ is speculation & hearsay.

he made an ig post before the 1st or 2nd atlanta event with a release date for the album which has now been taken down

This **** better be like 40 songs for all this bull ****. Give us fine tuned Yandhi + Donda: With Child from last year + the 2021 Donda. I don’t wanna hear the same tracklist at this next “listening”

*in Alex Jones voice*
ye used the budget (from UMG) and kept 100% of the tour/merch
is holding donda as leverage to get his masters at market value

kanye's contract is not a 360,
his contract predates the super slave deal.

old deal is label keeps the album sales/rights
artist get touring/merch

label owns the sales/streaming/rights to his music
donda not going on sale/streaming only hurts the label

label can't drop ye and needs donda to recoup
label are the only ones that did not get paid
bring in the lawyers

ye uses this meeting to get his masters back/restructure the deal
before, ye was in debt, was living off his label advance money

now UMG wants to supertax ye for his masters (cause of adidas deal)
ye got leverage now cause ye don't need music/music advance
donda can go wood and yeezy will still sell

ye with the idiot savant, 3d chess moves

or maybe kanyes just trolling and doing weirdo kanye things, as usual

Last edited:

BE Warned!! Dude is clearly a Kanye Stan and went wild with most of this one......... but there's a section starting at about 9:30 of this video where he makes a valid point that relates not just to Kanye but A lot of the artist who put so much thought and ideas into their music/show/videos.

He basically says that racism & classism play a big role as to why Kanye isn't viewed in a sense of a true artist, it's a big reason why we've seen such backlash at every other move after music. Kanye himself has hinted towards it in interviews, but he summed it up well by creating the alternative "Weston Kenley" :rofl:

He essentially read off Kanye's biography and makes very slight tweaks to it, highlighting that if he were white or a black artist who went through the typical white institutions he would be renowned in the art world (specifically performance art). And honestly this isn't specific to racism because the hiphop community does it all the time. It's always somebody saying your trying to be to "artsy" or if someone tries to conceive that something goes beyond surface level it's always "Your reaching" as if hiphop artist have a ceiling, as if their thought process isn't intricate enough.

Like i said i think this can be said for a lot of artist BTW Kendrick, Lupe, WestSide Gunn, Tyler, A$AP t seems like the art is always this is good for a rapper.

other cultures allow for there artist to be viewed in Museums & honored for hundreds of years, while sometimes it feels like we make art that comes from hiphop disposable.

3god, am I crazy, or do I remember you posting in some of the sneaker threads a few years back and posting with an entirely different demeanor 😭 I feel like I remember you being an aggressive poster.
Maybe my memory serves me incorrectly but I had to address it lol.

That’s wild. The night before the Donda Chi show was announced, me and my homie (a Chicagoan) was talking about how it’d be dope if Ye had a museum in Chicago.. like the Guggenheim or MoMa, or even Motown/Paisely Park. Like this is needed now, while he’s alive, celebrating his whole career as an artist in all mediums. Be dope if he had a live recording studio in there too, cooking up on display, if you will.

each room could have different art installations of entire albums and themes from videos, and tours and such. I’d go to this before some bs Universal Studios or Disney smh. We need this.

Y'all are doing way too much :lol: First show showed everything. If you saw the line for the tour merch than you would know exactly why he's doing this. Their were at least 20,000 people in Mercedes-Benz and AT LEAST 1,000 people bought a tee at $120. He just paid the venue fee off of that. This is post covid by the way. He literally revived concerts with little to no marketing budget. This is economics, nothing thematic about it

That’s wild. The night before the Donda Chi show was announced, me and my homie (a Chicagoan) was talking about how it’d be dope if Ye had a museum in Chicago.. like the Guggenheim or MoMa, or even Motown/Paisely Park. Like this is needed now, while he’s alive, celebrating his whole career as an artist in all mediums. Be dope if he had a live recording studio in there too, cooking up on display, if you will.

each room could have different art installations of entire albums and themes from videos, and tours and such. I’d go to this before some bs Universal Studios or Disney smh. We need this.

This is a fire idea because of the different artifacts from each era he could have but this needs to be a completely separate thing from this “listening party” scam :lol:

Call it “Past Tell Museum” for old times sake

Last edited:
So what each listing party going to have more of a performance

like the final version will be a full show with him actually rapping 😂

Back
Top Bottom