OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

i dont think ive ever bought this many pairs of 1 shoe model. when its all said and done i should have about 8 pairs of Kobe V's ( not counting doubles ). One of my fav shoes ever, really fast.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i dont think ive ever bought this many pairs of 1 shoe model. when its all said and done i should have about 8 pairs of Kobe V's ( not counting doubles ). One of my fav shoes ever, really fast.

Yeah, I was thinking that there was no way Eric Avar could top the IVs--I was wrong!

marley -

good call on the free shipping code. meant to post that. got my allstars for $138.45 shipped, which is exactly what my lakers away pair cost me yesterday. was very excited to get the allstars for retail.

cbfpunch -

i know an inline colorway is a shoe that can be worn with the official uniform, but i just don't understand why that particular kobe is known as the inline when several colorways are inline with the lakers uniform.

Originally Posted by trunkz550

Sarteaga is that the newst sole collector? Tight gotta have it.

Yes sir, just received it yesterday, the interview with Avar and the rest of the Innovative Kitchen crew is really good. Shaun thanks man!

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Wow, u guys really hate those laces...lol! I don't mind them at all! I think I'm gonna put some flat black laces in them, or try some black based round laces with red spots. I also might try some black SB oval laces...

One thing is for sure....Kobe IV/V laces are too short if you play in them! I don't mind the short laces for the pairs I rock casually, but this pair will get abused...
yea that pisses me off how the laces are so short like they were never made to lace up the whole way.

Originally Posted by harrystruman99

Can someone please post a pic of the all stars with jeans?  Would love to see how they look...
nerd.gif

Anyone know if Cherry hill HOH has any size 11's of the ASG?? Considering driving down today, just don't want to drive for nothing.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

the way the nuggets talk about the lakers, i didnt expect J.R. smith to be wearing kobes shoes. i know he wore the 4s, but tonight with the IDs, its like he's constantly keeping up with kobe's newest shoes

Dahntay Jones (played for Den. last year) also wore the IV's. The team doesn't like the Lakers but they seem to love wearing Kobe's signature shoes lol.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Ron I'm def still felling the ASGs...kinda been back and forth with my feelings on em...but I think my final decision is I'll like em if that made any sense haha. Dope pick up on the w/r/bs. I might actually pay retail for em, but would prefer cheaper...I'm liking them a lot in pics. I might hit up foot locker this weekend and see how they look in person. 
Shaun, once you open the box and hold it, you are keeping them.  They are beauties....trust! 
smile.gif

As for the white/blk/red, definitely snag on the cheap if you can.  One thing you can say about any Kobe V....you know it will get its use if you end up paying retail!

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Wow, u guys really hate those laces...lol! I don't mind them at all! Ithink I'm gonna put some flat black laces in them, or try some blackbased round laces with red spots. I also might try some black SB ovallaces...
Icant  remember but I think you picked up the bred IV's. If so, wouldyou mind swapping laces on the bred V's and taking some pics please?
happy.gif

Mugen my man...sorry, bro - I had let everyone know about bred IVs hitting clearance prices but I did not pick up any myself (regretfully). But yes that would have been a good lace swap.  The round laces I described above are similar to those, so maybe I'll snap some pics of those this weekend with those in 'em!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Wow, u guys really hate those laces...lol! I don't mind them at all! Ithink I'm gonna put some flat black laces in them, or try some blackbased round laces with red spots. I also might try some black SB ovallaces...

Onething is for sure....Kobe IV/V laces are too short if you play in them!I don't mind the short laces for the pairs I rock casually, but thispair will get abused...
yea that pisses me off how the laces are so short like they were never made to lace up the whole way.

You would think they woulda figured that out by now!

TheLakers are well represented at this weekend's NBA All-Star
ALLSTAR2010-OGO.JPG
festivities and Lakers.com will be there covering the events.

You can keep track of everything going on with our All-Star Central.

Kobe Bryant's ankle injury will keep him onthe sidelines for the All-Star game, but he'll be in town, passing to Shannon Brown for the DunkContest on Saturday night.

Pau Gasol isin the All-Star game on Sunday for the second straight year as well as the Shooting Stars contest onSaturday.

Can't wait to see Shannon's ID's.
pimp.gif

Pass on the "Chinas".  To me the USCs and Lower Merions absolutely crush these.  As for Smith's "ID's", can anyone shed light on NBA players having to ID shoes versus speaking to a Nike "connect" and getting what they want.  I mean, if you are a member of the "family" then doesn't that entitle you to something?  Not that Smith, Varejao, or Devin Brown are going to get hooked up with 100 pair, but isn't it plausible that these guys get an allotment of shoes and can pick and choose what they want? Just curious.   Waiting patienly on BLs and ASGs to arrive via the Brown Truck.

NO MORE RED KOBE VS!

ASG, "China", USC... there are just too many super red cws of this shoe.  The China and ASG are just TOO similar.

i cant emphasize it enough, i HATE red and yellow.  i'm chinese and i hate that shoe.

i noticed on my BL's...the kobo logo on the tongue....one logo is bigger than the other. anybody notice that?

yea im not digging the china color way either, and ur right man tooooo many red color v and my favorite color is red

Back
Top Bottom