OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by jcskyplaya20

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

My buddy had bad issues with the traction on these and i'm very hesitant now considering all i've heard about the bad traction.

i've found the traction to be great IMO, but we just had our floor re-done.  Maybe not so much on a dusty floor.... how are the conditions your buddy is playing in?

I've heard some problems with the traction.... but I've never had any, never even come close to slipping or feeling less than 100% stable with these on.. it's just noise. The Vs are perfect on court
I haven't had any problems with traction "yet". I've been playing on a floor that got waxed a few weeks ago, so maybe that is also why I haven't had problems.

Originally Posted by firefly23

Sneakerhead.com has chaos for 129 with free shipping
sick.gif

i wouldnt pay $20 bucks for them.

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

Originally Posted by s dubl

^^^cant wait to get mine
nerd.gif

[Rocky voice] ADRIANNNNNNNNNN!!!!

damn u shaun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol hahahahaha u beat me to the bl's that abstract was selling!!!!!!!!! happy got ur pair bro, still on the look out for them

I swear Y'ALL two wasn't feeling the Lee's to begin with...
now you were racing to get a pair!!!

LOL

tongue.gif

FINALLY got my DK's and ASG's and they are straight crack.
I knew the DK's would be ridic but the ASG's blew my mind.
Didnt expect them to be so sick no joke.
They are a MUST COP for anyone who doesnt have them yet.
I wore them to ball today and most comfortable KB shoe ever hands down, and the traction on the shoe is perfectly fine for whoever was skeptical.
I will be making love to both these pairs tonight so I wont be able to add pics, not like none of you have seen these anyways.

What's up everyone?  I've been a sneakerhead for a while now and I used to cruise this website in the early 2000's when it was all about jordans.  I had "retired" from the shoe game for awhile, but this damn shoe and this thread has suckered me back in!  Big shout out to all you guys out there who are going out of your way to help out fellow NT'ers.  This is what this forum is all about.

Now back to the topic at hand...

I had the chance to pick up the ASG's but passed cause I didn't think I could rock a red/wooden shoe.  I went out to dinner the other night and some cat had them on.  He straight broke my neck and had me wondering if I could pull those off.  I really regret passing on them now!

I'm starting to realize that the V's can really use bold base colors (red for the ASG and yellow for the BL's) and really make a hot shoe!

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

i cant decide if I want to get the I.D's i made or the Dukes.. can yall help me out??

-Dukes
2gxhi4z.jpg
If there's no way you can get a pair of Dukes for retail (keep in mind the Dukes will NOT have the Logo on it), then you're better of doing an iD of them. 
Cause resell price of the Dukes will sell around the same price as the iD. so no point on waiting. I say, pull the trigger. 
smile.gif

Out of all the cw's released I like the chaos the best. That lime green kills it for me. Missed out on the DK's again but its all good I was at church. Hopefully I'll be blessed w/ the next released.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by firefly23

Sneakerhead.com has chaos for 129 with free shipping
sick.gif

i wouldnt pay $20 bucks for them.
cool...thanks for letting us know!

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

^^^cant wait to get mine
nerd.gif

damnu shaun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol hahahahaha u beat me tothe bl's that abstract was selling!!!!!!!!! happy got ur pair bro,still on the look out for them

LOL

tongue.gif
gotta admit..I wasnt feelin em at first, but some pics changed my mind. Hell....when the IVs came out I wasnt feeling the CDs...now they're my fav pair out of all the IVs.

I wasnt feeling the Chaos, or ASGs at first either....own both and are both in my top 5 now.

I can change my mind right? 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

^^^cant wait to get mine
nerd.gif

damn u shaun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol hahahahaha u beat me to the bl's that abstract was selling!!!!!!!!! happy got ur pair bro, still on the look out for them

LOL

tongue.gif
gotta admit..I wasnt feelin em at first, but some pics changed my mind. Hell....when the IVs came out I wasnt feeling the CDs...now they're my fav pair out of all the IVs.

I wasnt feeling the Chaos, or ASGs at first either....own both and are both in my top 5 now.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I wasnt feelin them either until that pic that gdiemaster posted...had me feenin for a pair! Glad I found them locally so I didnt have to wait.

I had problems with my right arch the first two times i played in them, but thankfully it went away. Try loosening the laces just a bit.

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

asg's really going for $180 now??

Not really, I cant get rid of mine for basically what I paid $142, plus shipping. I bought them to wear, but just not feeling them after having them in person, they just arent me.  Id much rather use the cash towards BL, DK, Aces or USC.  

Im not really sold on the Duke Colorway.  I prefer the Rice colorway...

FT: Dark Knights Sz 12 for your 10 1/2. 
Local pickup only.  Im in so cal. SGV/IE preferred... LA/OC ok as well

you guys that are complaining/worried about traction or having them hurt your arch:
traction = just keep playing in them and they'll get better. i've yet to run into traction problems playing on dusty tiles and hardwood.
arch = you're tying your shoes too tight. untie them and then tie them snugly, not tightly.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

^^^cant wait to get mine
nerd.gif

LOL

tongue.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I wasnt feelin them either until that pic that gdiemaster posted...had me feenin for a pair! Glad I found them locally so I didnt have to wait.
I'm glad we all got (are getting) our pairs.. I'm selling the 8.5 to Ricky too!

Well I played in my V-days tonight. I played a bit "nervous" the whole night just cuz I'm not used to a low cut basketball shoes. I wore two socks with mine. They fit snug but not too tight. Everything was stable and the traction was just fine for me.

The heel to toe transition has to be the smoothest I've ever played in. Also this is the first shoe I haven't used an athletic insole in for the extra cushion. Everything is firm but still comfortable. Seems like a well balance of everything you look for in a basketball shoe.

Best outta my previous hoops shoes. Hyperdunk, ZK1, AJ XIX, Team Elite, T-Mac 2 - I hold the ZK1 and AJ XIX in VERY high regards too. If you have a pair you don't mind destroying, then def use them for their purpose cuz they're an EXCELLENT hoops shoe.

Back
Top Bottom