* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

On LeBron, the only thing that really bothers me is I feel like this has been planned for 3 years and they all put on this big act like they didn't know... I don't care if you wanna play together. That's fine. If none of you care about having your own legacy and standing on your own as a legend, fine. That's your deal. I don't know, the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. I don't believe for one second these three didn't have this planned way ahead of the last two days.

Exactly.

You could tell by Wade + Bosh's interviews Wednesday night that Lebron was coming. I think Wade pimped both these dudes tho. Lebron was probably the closest from breaking the pact but in the end Wade's pimp hand was too strong. As for Bosh, he just wanted to live that life and he couldn't do that in Cleveland.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Steve212

Originally Posted by h3at23

If Pau was the #1 option on his team, he would flame out in the playoffs

Pau had no help in Memphis.  His supporting cast was worse than Lebron's, worse than Kobe's Post-Shaq Era, whereas Dirk has had significant help throughout his career, especially the past few seasons.   

Sorry, but the truth hurts. 

Dirk flamed out in the playoffs?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dirk playoff averages are 26 11 and 3.
laugh.gif

You forgot to add zero rings chap.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Clippers with a few nice signings...

I was hopeful we would get Gomes

I saw him through Mall of America yesterday (dude was with his family so I didn't bother him at all) and he didn't understand why people kept asking him "you going back to Boston"?

[h2]Mike Miller Intends To Sign With The Miami Heat[/h2]From Bleacher Report.

It really appears likethe rich just keep getting richer. Not only does Miami get LeBronJames, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, but it appears that Pat Riley hasactually convinced these guys to all take a paycut and make room forMike Miller to join the show.

According to several reports, Mike Miller is poised to accept afive-year, $30 million contract from the Heat even though he hadsignificantly richer deals out there from other teams.

It looks like Miller, who is friends with LeBron, was moreinterested in joining the title run and will join the Big Three intaking a paycut to make it happen. His addition would give the Heat thetype of three point presence that could be be lethal on a team thatfeatures Wade and LeBron on the wings and Bosh under the basket.

From rotoworld

Mike Miller won't sign with the Heat until LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sign their contracts.
Miller'sfather has verified that he's going to Miami, but can't sign his dealuntil the South Beach 3 wrap theirs up. The Heat got the shooter theyneeded and will probably start looking at point guards. Jul. 9 - 11:34 am et

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Kobe had the luxuary of playing with in his prime Shaq. After Shaq was gone, Kobe got fed up and wanted out. He was close to getting his wish by going to Chicago. Why did Kobe want to leave? Because the task was too tough alone. Even a Kobe Bryant couldn't do it himself.

Lakers got Gasol, 'the most talented big man' in the game, and now we have the Lakers in the Finals 3 straight years winning 2 out of 3.

Lebron, when has he had a legit #2? Sure, he got pieces put around him, but I don't think you can point to any of these dudes and call them a legit #2. Seven years later, and here we are, even a Lebron can't do it all himself. He felt what Kobe felt. So he left. To a team with a legit #2. And #3.

Oh well.

How come no one said LeBron didn't have a legit two...but they won 60 games in back to back seasons?

And honestly dude, u think Kobe wanted to leave LA, that was a plea to Mitch and Jerry to make something happen

and if BYNUM doesn't get hurt and is out for the season, Gasol isn't coming to LA

And Gasol wasn't considered the best big man until he came to LA

Another thing every saying Jordan had Pippen, Rodman etc...Kobe had Gasol, Artest

I thought GREAT players made their teammates better...they are the leaders and don't shy away from the BLAME if they fail..they accept it and work harder

And yall talkin about Kobe disappearing Game 7 of the Finals...he had a bad shooting night...but he didn't stop working...he got 15 rebs and got to the line...Sure Artest was MVP of that game, but how was he open?

Originally Posted by franchise3

I can see where Lebron is coming from though.

Kobe had the luxuary of playing with in his prime Shaq. After Shaq was gone, Kobe got fed up and wanted out. He was close to getting his wish by going to Chicago. Why did Kobe want to leave? Because the task was too tough alone. Even a Kobe Bryant couldn't do it himself.
but he stayed and thats all that matter. dont act like he stayed AFTER they got gasol. He stayed before they got gasol. he could have been traded but decided to stick it out that season...

and you make it as if he wanted out right after shaq left. you and i know that aint true. He WANTED shaq to leave so he could prove that he could win being the leader of the team and stuck around playing 2 or 3 seasons with GARBAGE players....

no denying lebron took the $%*%% way out... couldnt do it as the leader. either the heat are gonna win alot of titles or they will implode with 3 guys who want to be the man. pathetic...

Lakers got Gasol, 'the most talented big man' in the game, and now we have the Lakers in the Finals 3 straight years winning 2 out of 3.
Where was this talk about being the most talented big man before he came to the Lakers?

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Where was this talk about being the most talented big man before he came to the Lakers?

I mean, he was playing in Memphis

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

[h2]Mike Miller Intends To Sign With The Miami Heat[/h2]From Bleacher Report.

It really appears like the rich just keep getting richer. Not only does Miami get LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, but it appears that Pat Riley has actually convinced these guys to all take a paycut and make room for Mike Miller to join the show.

According to several reports, Mike Miller is poised to accept a five-year, $30 million contract from the Heat even though he had significantly richer deals out there from other teams.

It looks like Miller, who is friends with LeBron, was more interested in joining the title run and will join the Big Three in taking a paycut to make it happen. His addition would give the Heat the type of three point presence that could be be lethal on a team that features Wade and LeBron on the wings and Bosh under the basket.

From rotoworld

Mike Miller won't sign with the Heat until LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sign their contracts.
Miller's father has verified that he's going to Miami, but can't sign his deal until the South Beach 3 wrap theirs up. The Heat got the shooter they needed and will probably start looking at point guards. Jul. 9 - 11:34 am et

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i heard mike miller proposed to lebron's penis yesterday. ofcourse he wont sign until lebron signs on the dotted line

laugh.gif
Thats greatness.. Gilbert redeems himself for that *****made rant yesterday.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by goukiteg

I mean, he was playing in Memphis

And he was getting praise but also got a lot of criticism after each sweep.

im neutral fan cause i dont ride lebron kobe or anyone...im a basketball fan thats it...i dont get what the big deal is...he wasnt obligated to stay in cleveland...if they wanted him to stay they needed to prove it that they could win a ring..if he stayed and didnt win a ring for the next 5 years people would get on his case oh hes not great he never won a ring....i dont see a problem wanting him to go to a team and win now....i dont agree with the whole show thing but dan gilbert was classless....he was in love with lebron and as soon as the decision came he turned salty....i mean i give him credit for not running for the money...but hey its reality now people need start accepting it... the whole MJ thing is dumb because he was never going to be MJ and nobody will ever be MJ...

Yeah, Pau is now one of the most talented big men, because he gets to play with a #1. The point is, Kobe has had the luxuary of being a #2 and a #1. When has Lebron ever had a #2? So now Bron chose to play with a #1 in Wade, and #2 in Bosh now.

Gilbert redeems himself for that *****made rant yesterday.
I don't know about all that. 
laugh.gif

I have a feeling he woke up thinking he drunk-texted all that to the Cavs' PR rep out of haste, and then he opened the paper...

I thought they just signed him? Who did the knicks trade off?

thenyknicks

Amar'e Stoudemire (@amareisreal) has been officially acquired from the @PhoenixSuns, via sign & trade.

My bad, it just got tweeted.

Knicks Complete Sign & Trade for Stoudemire

NEW YORK (July 9, 2010) – New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that five-time NBA All-Star forward Amar’e Stoudemire has been officially acquired from the Phoenix Suns, via sign-and trade, in exchange for a protected future second-round draft selection.

Stoudemire, 6-10, 249-pounds, has career averages of 21.4 points, 8.9 rebounds, 1.40 blocks and 34.3 minutes in 516 career games (499 starts) in eight NBA seasons with the Phoenix Suns. The Lake Wales, FL-native has been named an NBA All-Star five times and holds playoff career averages of 24.2 points and 9.2 rebounds in 52 playoff games (all starts). Selected by Phoenix with the ninth overall selection in the 2002 NBA Draft, Stoudemire was named the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2003 and has been named All-NBA four times, including a first team All-NBA selection in 2007.

In 2009-10, Stoudemire started all 82 regular season games and averaged 23.1 points, 8.9 rebounds and 34.6 minutes while shooting 55.7-percent from the floor in earning All-NBA Second Team honors. Stoudemire finished the season ranked 10th in the NBA in scoring and seventh in the league in field goal percentage and led the Suns to the Western Conference Finals.

Back
Top Bottom