* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

And yes I do believe each of them are better players than that bum.
Well, they aren't. Aaron Gray was so efficient last season, and apparently I'm the only one that noticed, because nobody anywhere gave him any credit for it.
Honestly what type of moves do you expect? A four team deal that nets us D12 and Melo?
When have you ever seen me say or insinuate that I want or expect anything like that?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

And yes I do believe each of them are better players than that bum.
Well, they aren't. Aaron Gray was so efficient last season, and apparently I'm the only one that noticed, because nobody anywhere gave him any credit for it.
Honestly what type of moves do you expect? A four team deal that nets us D12 and Melo?
When have you ever seen me say or insinuate that I want or expect anything like that?

No, but that is last season. (And let us remember JuJu's rookie season) Thornton was also efficient last season but as of now he and Gray are just playing terrible. And also I am sure he lost some weight which made him at least somewhat of a force in the paint so with that weight loss what does he offer? At least I know Mbenga can give us a shot blocker and Smith gives us some offense consistency.

I am going to ask you this cause I am curious to know but have you seen the games this pre-season? Until Gray shows me something my impression of him from training camp to now will remain the same.

Brackins was a reach at 21? Are you dumb? If he came out the year before that he would have been top 10. He came back to Iowa State and he was LITERALLY double teamed every single time he touched the ball, the rest of his team was terrible. He'll be better than Aaron Gray, Jason Smith, Pops or Mbenga ever will be. Actually he probably already is.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Brackins was a reach at 21? Are you dumb? If he came out the year before that he would have been top 10. He came back to Iowa State and he was LITERALLY double teamed every single time he touched the ball, the rest of his team was terrible. He'll be better than Aaron Gray, Jason Smith, Pops or Mbenga ever will be. Actually he probably already is.

First off don't insult me I don't know you so don't come at me like that I never insulted you. Secondly it is obvious this team is trying to win now. Brackins would not impact this team for at least 2 to 3 years as of now I have not seen anything while in the NBA that shows me he was capable of backing up West NOW. I mean if you want to throw out accolades Hilton Armstrong was the Big East Defensive Player of the Year and we saw how that went. It is unfair for me to judge him until I see him play at least a full NBA season and he could surely be the next best thing but until then I reserve my judgment.

Armstrong has a contract year, but it was in college. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pretty dope interview with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker.
Last ride for Big Three?

The year was 2001, and some of the last vestiges of the Spurs' first NBA championship team, crowned two seasons earlier, were already beginning to fade.
Sean Elliott had retired to the broadcast booth. Avery Johnson and Mario Elie, widely regarded as the '99 squad's heart and soul, were gone. David Robinson, a future Hall of Famer, was a year away from joining them.

Worse, the Los Angeles Lakers were in the throes of a three-title mini-dynasty, thrashing the Spurs in their purple-and-gold wake and threatening to decimate the best years of Tim Duncan's prime.

Duncan, a once-in-a-lifetime talent drafted three seasons earlier to salvage a franchise from a perennial state of also-ran, was already at a career crossroads. He was 25 years old.

What happened next changed not only Duncan's life, but the direction of a franchise. In June 2001, weeks after the Lakers had swept them from the Western Conference finals, the Spurs drafted a teenage French point guard prodigy named Tony Parker with the 28th overall pick. A year later, the 57th overall pick from 1999 — a longhaired dervish from Argentina named Manu Ginobili — finally arrived in San Antonio.

The rest is Alamo City history.

Eight seasons, 16 combined All-Star appearances and three shared championships later, Duncan, Ginobili and Parker remain the NBA's most enduring Big Three. No active triplets have been together for as long, or have won as much.

Even after an offseason in which All-Stars LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined forces with fellow All-Star Dwyane Wade in Miami to form the NBA's ultimate power trio, the Spurs' Big Three remains the league's most accomplished.

And yet nothing lasts forever. The Spurs' All-Star troika enters its ninth season together facing perhaps the stiffest test to the union yet. Parker is in the last season of his contract. The final season of Duncan's deal, set to expire after the 2011-12 campaign, could be wiped out by labor unrest.

On the brink of a 2010-11 season that could represent their last ride together, Duncan (34), Ginobili (33) and Parker (28) sat down with Express-News NBA writers Jeff McDonald and Mike Monroe at the Four Seasons Hotel in Houston to talk about their past, their championships, their lasting regrets and — above all — the enduring bond of their long-term relationship, eight years in the making:

Let's start in 2001-02. Tim had already won one title, three years earlier. All of a sudden this 19-year-old French kid shows up, replacing Avery Johnson. Tim, what were your initial thoughts about Tony Parker?

TD: “I think it's pretty well documented that I wasn't too sure about what to expect from him. With his age, with his inexperience, with his lack of knowledge of the language ... all those things went into it.

^
laugh.gif
that was pretty neat
roll.gif
@"some of our fun can't be talked about"
laugh.gif

Read that in the SUNDAY paper. It was dope.
laugh.gif

spurs650-bigthree20101023.jpg

It's going to be a GREAT year. Can't wait.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

TP: “Yeah, that's a GREAT question, because I'm watching the game last night (Miami's Big Three had played its preseason opener the night before) and it shows all the best Big Threes — Chicago, Boston, the Lakers. After that, there's a hole and it goes straight to Miami. I don't know why they never put us on that list. It's not like it's gonna bother me, because I have the rings and I'll sleep well at night. But they just don't want to put us up there.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Iverson plans to sign deal to play in Turkey[/h1]
Allen Iverson has agreed in principle to sign an incentive-laden, two-year, $4 million contract with Besiktas of the Turkish professional league, sources told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday night.

Iverson plans to sign the contract this week, the sources said, and is expected to report to Besiktas the week of Oct. 31. 

Iverson’s contract will give him an opt-out clause after this season. There’s no escape clause during the season for Iverson to leave Turkey and return to the NBA.

Iverson, 35, could make his debut for Besiktas on Nov. 6 in a game against Bornova. Besiktas played its first game of the season on Oct. 19 and is 1-1 in league standings.

Iverson has solicited more lucrative offers to play in China this season, but has been intrigued with the prospects of playing in Istanbul. After controversial exits with his last three franchises – Detroit, Memphis and Philadelphia – Iverson exhausted interest from NBA teams. Despite averaging 26.7 points in his 14-year NBA career, Iverson ran out of opportunities in the league.

Besiktas is considered third among the three most powerful franchises in the Turkish first division. The club has a strong following, and team officials believe Iverson could be an immense gate draw.

Y!

Good riddance.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

how long til iverson quits or gets let out his contract? anybody wanna make a pool?
laugh.gif

I'm saying 2 months. But it's really sad that he has not accepted a supporting role on teams that may have used him.

Back
Top Bottom