[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think alot of you are selling this team short. yea they are old but

28-12 the last 40 games.

that is incredible considering the terrible start of the season

if they stay injury free and add a couple of players who can be productive

i dunno maybe im just being too positive today :lol:

Jesus help me....

I agree with everything Steven A Smith just said about the Lakers.

Completely nailed it on First Take.

:pimp:

i think alot of you are selling this team short. yea they are old but

28-12 the last 40 games.

that is incredible considering the terrible start of the season

if they stay injury free and add a couple of players who can be productive

i dunno maybe im just being too positive today :lol:

Yeah you are. I'm kinda shocked. :lol:

Jesus help me....

He really did. Everything he said about Jim Buss seems accurate.

Save us Jeanie :smh:

Last edited:
There's a decent shot they could be the worst defensive team in the league next season.
laugh.gif
al jefferson is on the bobcats now. 

28-12 was nice, but eluding to am earlier posters point. ..way to much over exertion and that was just beating mediocre teams..wire to wire wins were hard to come by. As stated earlier, wing depth could fix that. And another 6-11 body.

Jesus help me....

But according to some Laker fans Jim Buss isn't a problem, though...

What would Stephen A. Know about basketball anyways?... He's only been covering the sport for the last 25 years... :rolleyes

Last edited:
After this weekend, I'm disappointed, but not really at the same time.

Not so much because Dwight left; moreso because Dwight showed he wasn't the player and star we wanted him to be. He turned out to be the guy that we feared he was all season: a guy who thinks all about himself, deflects blame, and wants all the credit but doesn't want to work for it.

It is a little infuriating to know that D'Antoni was one of the reasons he left, but I don't think it all would've been avoided if the Lakers had made the choice to hire Phil in November.

The thing that says the most about him is how he felt "Nash was on his last legs." Nash looked badly hobbled because he came back way too early just to make an unrealistic push in the playoffs. He sacrificed his body just like Kobe sacrificed his body to make the playoffs. And the biggest thing he takes from it is Nash is done and my chances of winning suck?

Coupled with "I don't want to be Kobe's sidekick 3-4 more years," and you can see his priorities lie with being The Guy - the center of attention that everyone loves - and having that role come to him easy.

Houston is a good team, but they are also the easy way out. They have some pieces and it's easy to see why it makes sense to succeed now, but they're far from the perfect team. Is playing with Harden really gonna be that different than with Kobe, other than the attitude? Is the team really that good outside of him? Other than Parsons, the Rockets are just gonna sign pure shooters and hope it all falls into place. Seems almost like Orlando.

But to a guy like Dwight Howard, all he sees is that he'll have an easier time - no scrutiny from his teammates and the fans (at first), and a "better fit" which is really just code for "more shooters" and "guys who won't break down on me, because I can't carry us if one of them does" - and a more fun time with dudes like Harden, Parsons, and Lin in the locker room than Kobe.

So have fun in Houston. People aren't gonna hold you accountable, yell at you, shovel expectations on you quite like they did in LA. That's what you want I guess. Kobe's comments about teaching him to be a champion were condescending, but the truth. Have fun learning to be a champion from James Harden, who has proven he's more of a choker than a winner at this point in his career. Maybe you guys can grow together, but if neither of you guys KNOW how to win, you're gonna have to face some tough times first. Let's see how you handle it.

In the end, the biggest disappointment is that the Lakers probably aren't gonna be that great during Kobe (and Nash)'s last years. The biggest reason why I wanted Dwight to stay was that they'd have another young star to keep them in the hunt during Kobe's last run. But Dwight sort of proved to me he wasn't built for that, so it wouldn't have paid off anyway.

I'm not ready for life after Kobe yet. So I'm hoping to see some solid basketball from him, Nash and Pau, a few memories this season, and hopefully a successful 2014 summer.

Last edited:
Houston @ Lakers will be the Christmas day game. You can bet ABC will film a bunch of one-on-one interviews with Kobe and Dwight. They promo'd the **** out of Shaq's return to Miami, with social media this will be way bigger.

Who knows, Kobe's return could be the same game.

I think the Lakers will split the season series with Houston this year. With or without Kobe.

Some dudes thinking they won't win a game against them this year. :lol:

At least the Bobcats are athletic.
oh man you right, bobcats/heat in ecf in 2014. 

***** with that athletic crap. 

how did SA get into the finals, cause theyre so athletic right.?

how far did blake griffin and Deandre Jordans athletic ability get the clips.

Last edited:
Dwight is gonna face boo's and hecklers like never before in Staples Center. I'm not sure he can handle that.

Jamison is going to the Clips... meaning Odom is probably available. I'd rather see Ariza return but whatever.

Neither is helping the team much. But if the Lakers are limping towards the end of an era, let's go out with everyone.

At least the Bobcats are athletic.
oh man you right, bobcats/heat in ecf in 2014. 
***** with that athletic crap. 
how did SA get into the finals, cause theyre so athletic right.?
how far did blake griffin and Deandre Jordans athletic ability get the clips.
Way to take things out of context.

And yeah, the Spurs are athletic.

Last edited:
I think people are seriously undermining this team, we're not title contenders right now by any means but it is still a competitive team.

Report: Carmelo Anthony On Lakers Radar in 2014 Free Agency
LeBron James isn't the only NBA superstar the Los Angeles Lakers have added to their 2014 free-agency shopping list. Carmelo Anthony is on there, too.

According to Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times, 'Melo may prove more attainable than The King, prompting the Lakers to engage in some of their own Melodrama:

Armed with massive cap room, the Lakers will go shopping in 2014.

The franchise would love to lure LeBron James from Miami—but after his second straight title, and given the craftiness of Heat President Pat Riley, it may prove a futile hope.

Another high-scoring forward may be more attainable—New York Knicks All-Star Carmelo Anthony.

Phil Jackson even gives his endorsement of such a pursuit later on in the report.

For [the Lakers] to be able to move and to adjust to the process that goes on in the NBA, you have to have flexibility. The [way] the league is structured with its new CBA and how it penalizes teams—you can't make moves. [With] guys like Carmelo and LeBron in a couple of years, you've got to be capable of making a challenge for those kinds of players.

As if more fuel was needed to heighten this fire, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith says it's "50-50" that Carmelo winds up with the Lakers next summer.

Wow.

Both 'Melo and LeBron have the ability to opt out of their current contracts next summer and become unrestricted free agents. As of now, Steve Nash is the only member of the Lakers under contract at that time. Los Angeles will have more than enough money to sign one (maybe even both).

Resting all of their eggs in James' basket is a risky play, though. Some wouldn't hesitate to call it inane.

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh struggled during the Miami Heat's most recent postseason run, but James still has two rings to show for his efforts in South Beach. If he winds up winning or comes even remotely close to winning a third, prying him from Pat Riley's clutches isn't going to be easy.

That's another thing to consider—Riley. The ever-crafty, front-office sage has a knack for putting the right pieces in place. Even if the Heat fall short next season, there's always the chance he brings in a swarm of new talent to keep James in Miami.

Then there's the Cleveland Cavaliers to think about. Hiring Mike Brown suggests that they're not all James everything next summer, but Cleveland is James' "home." Seeing him spurn the Heat in favor of the team he abandoned in the first place is not out of the question.

Up against those types of obstacles, the Lakers need to have a Plan B that may inevitably need to become Plan A, hence their purported interest in 'Melo.

Unlike Riley and the Heat, the Knicks don't have a propensity for putting the right talent around 'Melo. New York is currently a mixture of one superstar ('Melo), two injury-prone big men (Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire), a promising youngster (Iman Shumpert) and a foray of fillers.

If and when the Knicks fall well short of winning a title once again, 'Melo may be tempted to leave his "home" in search of something greater, like a potential pairing with Kobe Bryant.

"I would actually like to play with Melo," Kobe told Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld back in 2011.

Let rumors of collusion commence.

The Lakers were one of 'Melo's suitors back in 2011, when he was planning his escape from the Denver Nuggets. He wound up with the Knicks instead, where he is still equally as ring-less as he was then.

"I know I'm going to be here for a long time," Anthony said during his exit interview, according to Ian O'Connor of ESPN New York.

Forced to endure through another finish like the Knicks just had, perhaps 'Melo will be singing the same tune for the Lakers next summer.

I mentioned that Melo should come to us a few pages back. I think it'll be great to have him, but people seemed to hate the idea. We get Melo, and a Kevin Love or any other decent big man, and we'd be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom