[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at the very least working at burger king at the moment, working on our next big invention to hit the lottery and take a few years off of work. Once the money runs out, we get a new job at taco bell and think up a new idea.

Those others got their 9 to 5 comfy job for 30 years until their dead.

Embrace the plan folks.

Let's just hope they don't give up on making that million-dollar invention when a decent office job comes along and call it a day.

ie If they had money this year, I would hope they'd pass on Reke, Monta, Jennings, and those types.

Every team with space feels the NEED to spend it. The Lakers have not been in that situation since before Shaq... I hope they don't operate the same way.

Last edited:
One yr for kaveman. .I guess ill be dat. Mmle down the tubes though, wouldve preferred a wing player, which is the most glaring need. So ronnie brewer, nick young and morrow are the options at wing.

Elton Brand is still out there.

Wasn't Cuttino Mobley trying to come out of retirement?

We see you signing our old players, Clippers. We can do it better.

Chill with that. Cuttino has a heart problem.

:rolleyes He was legitimately talking about coming out of retirement...

Cuttino Mobley looking to make an NBA comeback
By Royce Young | NBA writer
May 15, 2013 3:35 pm ET

Cuttino Mobley's career was cut short in 2008 when, after being traded to the Knicks, a dangerous heart condition was discovered during his physical.

But Mobley, 37, is looking to make a comeback.

Via HoopsWorld:

On May 31, ASM Sports will be holding a pro-day for their draft prospects as well as their veteran free agents. Mobley will be one of the free agents participating in the veteran sessions, according to the agency.

The free agent workouts will include drills and five-on-five. Other notable free agents such as Josh Howard, Christian Eyenga and Rasual Butler will also be participating in the pro-day, which will be held at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas.

Mobley played for 11 NBA seasons with the Rockets, Magic, Kings and Clippers. He was traded to the Knicks but never played a game for them.

He was drafted 41st overall in 1998 out of Rhode Island. Other players from that draft still in the league: Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, Mike James, Rashard Lewis, Nazr Mohammed and Al Harrington.

During his career, Mobley averaged 16 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.2 steals.

There aren't any details as to why Mobley's medical issue isn't a problem anymore. But if he can make it back, good for him. And, at 37 years old, sounds to me like a reunion with the Knicks might be right up Mobley's alley.

Last edited:
One yr for kaveman. .I guess ill be dat. Mmle down the tubes though, wouldve preferred a wing player, which is the most glaring need. So ronnie brewer, nick young and morrow are the options at wing.
nick young can net a mml on some bbum squad like charlotte or atl. 

id hope corey brewer would take the vet min,

we should be selling players with

" play with nash, become a millionaire" haha

With opt outs, everyone. Bron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Pierce, Duncan, Deng, Rudy Gay, Granger and a few other old dudes. Kobe, Pau. :lol:

In terms of primes, Bron and Melo are the two keys.

I never looked in to what the whole restricted and unrestricted free agency meaning. What exactly do those terms mean?

Restricted means you can offer/sign a player to a contract, but his team has 7 days to match it.

TWolves signed Nic Batum, but Blazers matched it, he stays.

Bron was unrestricted when he left Clev, same as Dwight just now.

I never looked in to what the whole restricted and unrestricted free agency meaning. What exactly do those terms mean?
unrestricted means they can sign with whoever they want = complete free agent

restricted means they can sign anywhere but the team he is currently on can match the contract,= free to sign, but team retains right to keep him

Restricted means you can offer/sign a player to a contract, but his team has 7 days to match it.

Doesn't it also mean that when they match it they have to pay double? Or is that if it's a luxury tax team?

Do they choose to be restricted or unrestriced when they first sign their contracts?

they dont have to pay double :lol:

a fixed tax rate applies depending on how much you go over your cap

Last edited:

Unrestricted= free to sign where every they please

Restricted= free to sign where ever but the current team has the option to match the contract n he has to stay if they match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom