[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Dave McMenamin:
Duhon would be first 
roll.gif

This team can't get defensively better with _Antoni as the coach. He has to go and then we start looking at where we're headed.

I'm not even talking about the next few years because I just can't fathom us in the hunt for a title. I'm talking about the next 10 years of the organization.

The Lakers hadn't been swept in the first round since 1967 :x

just going to keep saying it no matter how ridiculous it is

keep kobe, nash, dwight and do whatever you have to do to get andre igoudala

wish the lakers could keep both pau and metta but changes obviously need to be made to this roster, and those may come at their expense

a bench of blake, meeks, clark, and hill is pretty decent but the lakers seriously need a 6th man

may not be possible but whoever suggested OJ is some kind of mad scientist

Last edited:
I have a weird feeling we are going to pull the trade with minny, but it's not for Love but for Derrick Williams no way Pau's value is enough for Love

I have a weird feeling we are going to pull the trade with minny, but it's not for Love but for Derrick Williams no way Pau's value is enough for Love

They'll never trade that low for Pau..

If that's the market, Pau will be back.

Jack murders us every time we play him.

Did it with Portlamd, New Orleans AND GS. Dude hates us or something.

I believe he was high on Lakers draft board. Rumor at the time had Lakers trading for Indianas pick at 17 to either get Granger, Green, or Jack. Maybe he was told by Mitch they would get him.

Thats the year we surprised some by picking Bynum.

Alot of ppl wanted Sean May :rofl:

Watching the warriors game makes me jealous. Seeing the arena covered in yellow is such a thing beauty. I wish we could have the same energy and atmosphere at staples. :rolleyes

I wonder what an exit interview behind closed doors with Ron Artest is like. :lol:

As for the Lakers improving, so many issues to get thru right now. No Draft picks, So little fiscal opportunity to improve, Lakers are going to be desperately trying to get rid of Pau (won't hold any type of leverage in a trade negotiation), Kobe's health, contract, and historic significance is the huge elephant in the room when it comes to "rebuilding". That elephant is stuck with the other fat elephant in the room (Dwight Howard), and whether he will re-sign or leave the Lakers with nothing.

All these issues going on right now is probably making Phil less and less intrigued. Phil chapter is done, he's never coming back. I'm sure Jeanie and Jim are at odds. Drama is just surrounding every aspect of this team - owners, management, coach, players. Want to see how it's handled.

I think Mitch is going to have to make some difficult decisions, would not want to be in his shoes because he'll be scrutinized no matter what.

Silver linings - Now that Mike Brown got a job, the Lakers don't have to pay to him as much anymore. So they should def get rid of D'Antoni. Not because he's a bad coach, but because he doesn't belong in L.A. Never did from day one. That's a start. Next season tho, won't be much better (with or without D12 or Pau). Next summer will be huge tho, thats something to look forward to. There will be way more opportunity and flexibility - right now, sort of stuck. Going to be a process.

Seriously tho, Nash needs to retire (he's literally committing grand larceny) but I doubt he'd want to go out like that.

[quote name="L2B"]Mitch is going to waste no time letting Duhon know he is being relieved of his services.
Bright and early first person in the morning [/quote]Duhon: *walks in*
Mitch: "Alrighty, so ummm..."
Duhon: "Should I just... *points towards lockers*
Mitch: *nods*
Duhon: "Okie doke."

:lol:

Watching the warriors game makes me jealous. Seeing the arena covered in yellow is such a thing beauty. I wish we could have the same energy and atmosphere at staples.
eyes.gif
I was just talking to my dad about that.. Went to last seasons 1st playoff game against the nuggets, got those white t-shirts and hardly no one wore them. Wish we had that intimidating feel at staples.. 

1. don't resign dwight

2.trade gasol

3.amnesty kobe

4.tank

5.begin andrew wiggins era

6.get lebron

7. 79-3

8.16-0 playoffs

9.parade

10.repeat

Last edited:
Kobe making 30 mill next season, Pau making 19, and we're one of the oldest teams with no bench? And Metta believes we should keep the same team? 

Nah. We need to shake this team up again!! 

1. Let Metta go unless he signs the veterans deal. 

2. Pau and Kobe needs to take a paycut. Half what they're making. So we can try to sign some decent players. 

3. Resign Earl. Try to lock up Meeks, Hill, and Morris for cheap. 

3. Work on some trade scenarios and signings Mitch. We can't have this same team next season. (Hoping, actually wishing for Kevin Love) 

Last edited:
That magic tweet hurt... Idk how Dwight feels about that

But I'll wait and see what he does but one guy I really want on this team is Brandon Jennings. Really would like to move nash to bench as a floor general/spacer like Jason Kidd has been the past 5 seasons.

There's really no FA PFs that'll fit our needs of a stretch four for Dwight but we could get that in a trade involving Pau.

Morris, Meeks, Glock, MWP, and Jamison should all walk. I was on the fence about Glock but dudes defense is atrocious and he's a little too undersized as a 2 and we'll need heavy minutes from our backup SG next season

Martell Webster will be a FA. he played great later in the season for the Wiz. Solid wing defender and can shoot the jumper. He'd play well off of both BJ and Nash and can move to the bench once Kobe returns.

Randy Foye could provide the same.

Resign Earl, develop him into a tweener SF. He'll add length and athleticism on the wing

Last edited:
Everybody is hyping Andrew wiggins way too much especially if you a rookie alone can win us a championship
that post wasn't literal , and i know...i dont think any player can lead a team year one

unless it's a rare tim duncan type player that stayed all four years

things to know before making wild offseason transaction theories/predictions:

-there is no restructuring of contracts like in football

-lakers can only amnesty: kobe, blake, metta, gasol

-lakers can not participate in any sign and trades because they are over the cap

players on contract for next season:
kobe (final year)
gasol (final year)
nash (2015)
metta (player option. may opt out, thus not affecting salary cap)
blake (final year)
duhon (final year)
jordan hill (final year)
meeks has a team option

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom