OG Baby / Infant / Toddler Jordan Mega Thread.

I am interested in creating a gathering place for information about Original (Non retro) Baby Jordans.  There doesn't seem to be a ton of information surrounding these, but I'll outline everything I know and maybe some knowledgable heads can fill in the gaps and questions.

I am mainly interested in I through VII because after that it seems like they pretty much made every single model and standard colorway in baby and toddler.

—————

General Terminology:

Some youth versions of early adult Air Jordans were renamed "Sky Jordan" because they actually didn't contain any air sole unit.  The baby versions also have their own names...

"FIRST JORDAN" -  This is the official Nike name for the soft soled crib Jordans.  I believe these usually come in sizes 0c-2c.  

"BABY JORDAN" - This is the official Nike name for the hard soled baby shoe versions of the Air Jordan.

—————

Jordan I (1):

VERSIONS:  I have personally only seen hard soled versions of these shoes.  I do not think there was a soft soled version released.

COLORWAYS:  I know for sure there was the Red/White/Black, Black / Royal, White / Royal and Columbia Blue / White.  Many sellers try to pass off OG baby dunks as ultra rare colorways of the Baby Jordan I.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rarer color ways officially available either as a general release or as samples.

BOXES:  Comes in a red cardboard box shaped like a locker.  Some other Nike baby shoes from that time came in a similar grey locker box, but the red color was unique to the Baby Jordan I from what I can tell.

EXTRAS:  The Red / White / Black either came with both black and white laces or had 2 separate releases because I've definitely seen both versions.

—————

Jordan II (2):

VERSIONS:  I have found some pictures of the White/Black High Top hard sole.  They have Sky Jordan stiched on the tongue.  Not sure if they are samples, legit originals or what.  Surprising that they called a shoe that is obviously size 5c or under a Sky Jordan.  Owner didm't photograph tag or box

COLORWAYS:  White/Black/Red "Sky Jordan" ???legit???

BOXES:  N/A

—————

Jordan III (3):

VERSIONS:  Hard sole Baby Jordan versions of this shoe definitely exist.  I haven't found any pictures or evidence of soft-soled First Jordan versions of this shoe.

COLORWAYS:  I haver personally only seen the white/cement colorway.  I would think that at least the black/cement was also made, but I cannot find any evidence to support this.

BOXES:  I have never seen the box to OG Baby Jordan III, but I assume that it is just an orange / white Nike Box from the time in baby size (because this is how the later Baby Jordan IV was boxed)

—————

Jordan IV (4):

VERSIONS:  Hard sole Baby Jordan versions of this shoe definitely exist.  I have some slight recollections of seeing soft-soled First Jordan versions of this shoe but it may have just been a recent retro and not an OG. 

COLORWAYS:  I know for sure all 4 adult color ways of the Jordan IV were released in the Baby Jordan IV.  white / fire red / black, white / cement, black/red & military blues were released.  

BOXES:  The Baby Jordan IV came boxed in a small sized Orange / White standard Nike Box from the era.

—————

Jordan V (5):

VERSIONS:  This is the first model Jordan where I am sure of the existence of soft-soled First Jordans.  

COLORWAYS:  The soft-soled First Jordan Vs came in at least the White/Grape White/Fire Red and Black/Silver. The hard soled Baby Jordans came in all 4 colorways that the adult Air Jordan came in.

BOXES:  The soft-soled First Jordan Vs came in a small white tin box with a jumpman on the lid.  The Baby Jordan Vs came in a smaller version of the box the adult Air Jordan V.

EXTRA:  Pictures floating around the net of the Grape colorway of the First Jordan Vs show it coming with a matching pair of Nike Socks.  I am not 100% sure these just matched the shoe or if they were originally included in the tin with the shoes.  Also, I have never seen any of the colorways shown with matching socks.

While the hard soled versions of the Jordan V came with the same color laces as the adult Air Jordan V, the First Jordan Vs came with unique lace colors.  

White / Black / Red (RED LACES)

Black / Silver (RED LACES)

White / Grape (GRAPE LACES)

*NOTE* these shoes do not come with lace locks like the youth / adult sizes

————

Jordan VI (6):

VERSIONS:  both First Jordan and Baby Jordan versions of this shoe were available.

COLORWAYS:  I am sure of the existence of First Jordan VIs in the following color ways: Black/Infrared, White/Infrared, Carmine, White/Maroon.  Still haven't seen pics of the Soft Soled Sport Blue VI.  As for the hard-soled Baby Jordan VI, they came in all 5 color ways that that adult Air Jordan VI were released in.

BOXES:  The First Jordan VI came in the same white Jumpman tin as the First Jordan Vs.  The hard soled Baby Jordan VI came in a smaller form of the adult cardboard shoebox similar to the Baby Vs.

EXTRA:  These shoes did not come with lace locks like the Youth and Adult models came with!

—————

Jordan VII (7):

VERSIONS:  First Jordan and Baby Jordan versions of this were released.

COLORWAYS:  For the First Jordan VII, I have only seen the White / Cardinal colorway, but I assume others were available.  For the hard-soled Baby Jordan, I know for sure that the White / Cardinal Red, White / Light Silver / Red, Bordeaux, and Black / Dark Charcoal were produced.  I have never seen pictures of baby versions of the OG Olympic VII.  Perhaps they exist, but I could see why this wouldn't have been made in a baby version.

BOXES:    The soft soled First Jordan VII & hard-soled Baby Jordan VII were released in smaller versions of the adult Air Jordan Box (Black with red Jumpman box top with speckled Cement box bottom)

Surprisingly,  I have a boxed pair of original Baby Jordan VII in the Black / Dark Charcoal color way that has the later boxtype of the Air Jordan VIII (solid grey box bottom, with the typeface A I R  J O R D AN lid).  This is definitely an original box as it has the correct colorway and product codes on it.  Perhaps this was a transition period and later production runs used the newer box type.  

Anyway, sorry for the TL;DR for everyone !

Hope this was interesting to some and some of the holes in my knowledge can be patched by more experienced heads.

I'm sure there were some inevitable typos, but I will try to fix them as time goes on.  Maybe this can evolve into the ultimate non adult Jordan FAQ.

Last edited:
This could be a pretty cool thread. I would suggest not limiting it to OG shoes tho because retros have been around long enough to have a history too

This could be a pretty cool thread. I would suggest not limiting it to OG shoes tho because retros have been around long enough to have a history too
Eventually, I would like to get there, but I really want to lowdown on the first 7 releases before anything else.

Like I stated at the beginning of the original post, from VIII on it seems like pretty much every release had a First Jordan and Baby Jordan release, so there really is no mystery to what was released.

It is also way easier to google or ebay a newer retro and get tons of pictures of brand new deadstock shoes with boxes, etc.

I'm sure there are exceptions, and it is always nice to get information about the OG box type etc, but I really want to solidify the information about these early releases.

I have no problem with people discussing anything Baby Jordan related in this thread though—it would be a great addition and keep this thread active.

Just to give this thread a kick start here are several questions that need answered:

1.) Were Soft-Soled versions of Jordans released before the Air Jordan V?

2.) Was the AJKO released in Baby sizes?

3.) Was the AJ1 Low released in Baby sizes?

4.) Were there any baby versions of the AJII released?
*UPDATE* Finally found some solid evidence for the existence of these. Found a picture of the White/Black Highs labeled SKY JORDAN II. No box pictures. Owner didn't photograph tag so its possible to be a modified more recent retro but they looked legit.

5.) Were the Black / Red AJ IV released as a Baby Version?
*UPDATE* After some sleuthing I finally found some pictures of these. Definitely exist!

6.) Were the OG AJ VII Olympics released in Baby sizes?

7.) What type of box did the Baby Jordan III come in?

These are just a sampling of things not resolved so far in the original post. Still need some confirmation of other colorways in some of the soft-soled FIRST JORDANS too.

Last edited:
I would add more pics but I don't own many myself and I don't really feel comfortable posting other peoples' pictures.

I have found a great deal of them scouring google image search and current and completed eBay auctions.

I recently found 2 pictures of OG SKY JORDAN II that are baby size. This is the first time after a lot of searching that I have even found a mention of their existence.

that is a link to this girl's photo stream...she absolutely kills it with the Original Baby Nikes.

Aside from the Baby IIs, she also has the only pair of Royal Blue / White Baby Jordan I, and the only picture of OG Baby Jordan Black/Red IV that I could find.

Also, I found a shot of a Royal Blue / Black Baby Jordan I from a Japanese shop in Kyoto.

The Baby Jordan III seem to be pretty elusive too. A kind of beat up pair recently sold on eBay for $70ish, but it's hard to find too many pictures and I've never seen a picture of a box or any other color besides the white/cement.

Sorry for the rambling but rest assured that I'm researching as much as I can. I've also started a list of production codes, but it's hard to find box shots of a lot of the shoes so I'm missing quite a few.

I don't have a kid but I always think about buying a baby pair and saving it or something lol. they are just so cool imo

I don't have a kid but I always think about buying a baby pair and saving it or something lol. they are just so cool imo

I dnt have kids yet hut i have started doing that. I have bought 2 toddler oairs but i wont buy too many ill buy some preschool pairs now because toddlers feet grow so fast theyll prob only get to wear them for a few months

View media item 584673View media item 584674

Those aren't Baby Jordan 1s, those are Nike Infantry

still dope though thanks for the pics

Last edited:
dope thread! lets see them pics fellas

Deadstock eBay find for my lil man, 1994 first Jordan X powder blues sz. 2 
smile.gif

bump

Updating the OP with some new info.

I original thought the soft soled First VII came in the special tin like the Vs & VIs but they came in the regular box.

I also found pics of Sport Blue Baby Jordans VI and Black / Infrared First Jordan VI.

Last edited:
to piggy back.... where are you guys finding/copping the chirrens kicks? Feebay?

i'll try to contribute a few pics in here of my lil guy as well.

I just had my first child on January 5. The homies came and laced APtheBaby at the baby shower. He had like 6 pair of kicks before he was born.

One thing I just noticed when I took this pic...The "Flu Game" XII's and "Taxi" XII's are both size 3C, but the Flu Games are hard bottoms and the Taxi's are soft bottoms...Not sure why. I didn't buy either pair, so I'm not sure if there was an option. Are the soft bttoms in one size range and the hard bottoms in another size range? Or does it just depend on the shoe?

Anyway, here's a photo. I don't have any OG's, sorry OP...The Olive IX's are the '02 retro, if that counts for anything :D

View media item 770423

I just had my first child on January 5. The homies came and laced APtheBaby at the baby shower. He had like 6 pair of kicks before he was born.

One thing I just noticed when I took this pic...The "Flu Game" XII's and "Taxi" XII's are both size 3C, but the Flu Games are hard bottoms and the Taxi's are soft bottoms...Not sure why. I didn't buy either pair, so I'm not sure if there was an option. Are the soft bttoms in one size range and the hard bottoms in another size range? Or does it just depend on the shoe?

Anyway, here's a photo. I don't have any OG's, sorry OP...The Olive IX's are the '02 retro, if that counts for anything
happy.gif

My daughter's 2013 size 3C taxi's are hard bottom. I'm thinking they sell two diff versions: soft bottom with beanie(?) and a hard bottom version. 

I'll post my 8 month old daughter's collection at some point, but she's got 6 pairs also, none of which I bought for her 
laugh.gif

Unsure why this "mega" thread died as I'm sure there are little minis running around with Js.

So for those with a budget but wanting to buy matching Js for their little ones, how are you sizing them?  I understand that budgeting and kids wearing Js are counterproductive but some shoes are as expensive if not moreso, so might as well spend a few extra IMHO and get something that I visually like.  Maybe I'm wrong in thinking thank, thoughts on this as well.

Back
Top Bottom