OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Wore mine out today for the 1st time. Should've went half size up. The length is good but the top of my foot feels like it's getting crushed. I got a 12 with the '88's and those felt a little too big. Kind of creased more than it should have due to the extra room. So I went with an 11.5 with these. Mistake. :smh:

So I've had a lot of 3's in my time including '01 and '11 TB's. After reading through this thread I was tempted to cancel my order of the '16's. Well they came in and while not as good as the '11 TB's, mine is in great shape and I will be keeping them. The leather, EP and overall quality is better on the 11 TB's. I also don't like the red tongue on the 16's so for wearing I think the retro+ TB's with the all blue is better, but for collecting the OG is nice.

To someone who grew up buying retros with jumpman only, this release doesn't make too much sense to them. But for someone like me that grew up with the NIKE AIR on the retros this is huge. I've been out of the "shoe game" for a decade but the NIKE AIR brought me back. I have the TB 3's, white/cem 4's and the blk/metallic 5's all with NIKE AIR and I still can't believe that they released. So I'll be keeping my pair after all.

man, i need to check my pair. All this talk. I looked my pair over for like 4 seconds and put it back in the box.

@IN4hawaii congrats bro...i have been looking and hunting a good pair all over town. Might hit UTC tomorrow and look thru some other pairs. Need that discount though...tbh. [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128559[/emoji]

Just returned my pair today at the Carlsbad Nike Outlet. I walk in there and dude was like lemme guess True Blue 3s? Lol. He said that's their 5th pair over the weekend and they had a few on display on top the counter. As soon as he opened the box he was able to point out all the flaws immediately.

Suck thing about it... He just going to put it right up on display and try to sell them with that 1cent discount.

I finally had time to go to the mall and seen these in person. They aren't as bad as this thread made them out to be. They are sitting so I will grab a pair after Christmas. Same thing with the SJ.

the display always look crisp. but thats not what ur getting,lol

I sent mine back to Nike. Looked like someone stepped on them and caved them in... I know that they weren't supposed to look like that. Even tho I paid 132 for them it was still unacceptable.

Had to drive to the foothills of Sac for business this weeek, so on Sunday checked out Vacaville and Folsom Nike Outlets between the two had a couple dozen pair of Tb3s probably all returns bc they looked beat and are asking 219.99.

After the new year these will probably drop to 170 or so in the outlets. Then in 2019 or 2020 people on here won't be able to believe NA branded TB3s hit the outlets when they're paying 250$+ for JB branded Og retros.

Just the way it goes

Last edited:
I can tell by reading a lot of these posts that people just didn't really want these shoes. Not really a hot item based on color and sitting on shelves, so we nitpick every little thing wrong with them and return them. I believe every pair of kicks have some kind of flaw... especially mass produced Jordans. I'd put some money on it that no one would be returning Nike Air black cement 3s with the same type of quality issues lol. Get ready for next year....

Funny how some people were putting down the quality of the 88s basically saying these were on par with these

Glad I didn't bother wasting my breath arguing with them. Every release there's always a few people saying some idiotic things that make zero sense.

Dudes probably got them air randy joints, the leather and tongue were SOFT just like that video, none of this vinyl tongue and cardboard stiff upper

Yeah, leather wise, the 88s smoked these. I mean, JB used a vinyl type material for the leather sidewall, which is portion behind the print, above the midsole, and below the tumbled portion. As well on the "perforated" ankle portion they did too. I put it in quotes because they arent even perforated. The 88s were, and were a hard leather which creased.

The only thing these shoes beat the 88s in, are comfort and fit.

You usually hear complains on a mass produced shoe. Nobody said jack when the Gold Medal Boost had messed up heel cups, Red Octobers had cheap midsole paint, B/Red 1s were super creased up, or the Blk Infrared 6s came out scuffed up. If the masses accepts, people conform. If the masses doesn't accept, we find a reason.

Just my thoughts. Shoes are def not bad.

I remember going to buy them and left disappointed, that crap was flaking off and looked dull. Adidas won't change a damn thing because it still sold out.

Just left footaction, that gold looks and feels like some cheap plastic ****

Still don't get why cyber Monday III got the nice leather and these didn't

maybe nike doesn't need to put that leather on the huge number of true blues , the true blues typically sell themselves. They can cut costs and people will still pay 220

Yeah, leather wise, the 88s smoked these. I mean, JB used a vinyl type material for the leather sidewall, which is portion behind the print, above the midsole, and below the tumbled portion. As well on the "perforated" ankle portion they did too. I put it in quotes because they arent even perforated. The 88s were, and were a hard leather which creased.

The only thing these shoes beat the 88s in, are comfort and fit.

I would agree with you on the mudguard. At first glance, they look OK. But once you feel that cheap synthetic garbage, the 88s are done better.

These will be had for $130-$140 easily in a few months. Honestly, Jordan Brand is spreading themselves too thin and released these at the wrong time. They would have done really well in June, a perfect summer shoe. Nike has been cutting corners for years on Air Jordan retros and people are starting to wise up. They had the opportunity to come correct on these and they didn't. These don't even resemble the 1988 originals that much aside from the red behind the tongue. They could have easily used the shattered backboard leather for the white tumbled leather on these. If the materials were better on these and they really tried to make these as accurate as possible, these wouldn't have had a problem selling out

They won't discount to that much, unless it's mom and pop shops selling them.

I think what Nike will eventually do, which they are known to do, is the phantom "sell out".

Then surprise restock next year which some other items.

I could be wrong, however.

Back
Top Bottom