OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I love these but returned mine [emoji]128553[/emoji]

Will definitely cop at an outlet price

Picked up Storm Blue 1's instead.

I don't get it, JB put the 3's in the "Vault" and when they take them out they do them dirty by releasing TB3's but with bad quality and bad Elephant print. soon those Wool 3's are coming out too which are [emoji]128686[/emoji]

2/3 of the the 3's that have come out don't even have the elephant print which is what makes them so unique

Just saying they're doing the 3's dirty [emoji]128553[/emoji]

I don't think quality is the main factor to these sitting. The colorway is just not one that gets the masses fired up like the others. WC3 and BC3 would not be sitting had either of those released with the exact same quality. I honestly never knew a single person who owned these back in the late 80's.. they're similar to Grape 5's and Maroon 6's in that they're not Bulls colors so they were pretty low on totem pole when it came time to pick out a new pair of shoes for the year.

I just think they overestimated the demand for these.
or maybe they wanted an OG to be widely available for once?

We are actling like it is a bad thing that you can actually go and buy a shoe.

This ^ is why they keep getting returned and complained about.

To get at "outlet" or "sale" price.
Nothing wrong with that IMO. ESP if they were stuck with a horrible pair. I didn't return mine, but I'm not a collector. Judging from some others comments, my friends and I may have overrated this CW (clearly, some others weren't hyped the whole year for these like I was lol). I'm happy with my pair, flaws and all, so that's all that really matters in the end.

Last edited:

or maybe they wanted an OG to be widely available for once?

We are actling like it is a bad thing that you can actually go and buy a shoe.
I'm certainly not complaining and I would love if every NA retro is this easy to pick up. I hope it continues. I was just giving my opinion on why this shoe didn't sell out immediately like others have in the past.

my local nike outlet is like 2 hours away

nike dumb for pulling them. its christmas time. holiday shoppers were bound to come around them eventually especially after people missed out on the ix and space jams.
May..be..they..did..sell..out?

Maybe that same thinking is was got them out of there.

Nike has started mass producing for Black Friday a LONG time ago, no one should be surprised that these are sitting.

That last 4 Black Friday releases sat.

Oreo 5s.

Infrared 6s.

Aqua 8s.

and now these.

I copped the last 3 and are perfectly fine with each pair, it is what it is.

i don't mind the price or the super mass production. if these were released like '88 IIIs from a few years ago, everyone that missed out would have thought it was a steal to pay $220 for these. JB listened to fans when they said just make more pairs and hindered Jordan resale value by their own price hike. I really do hope it stays like this. We all know dudes would have been scrambling for pairs if they were in limited numbers and priced 190-200.

In my opinion all the SJ doubles & triples attributed to the returns since the TB3 is still available. You can use that $220 to get another SJ then get the TB3 later while they're sitting maybe at a discount.

I only copped 1 SJ & was happy with that & I didn't return my TB's bc I like them, I think they're x5 more comfortable then my 2011 pairs & i actually like the EP on them lighter bc when you clean them & wipe them down, I feel like they will eventually darken up.

I also think there is a bit of peer pressure to agree that the quality was bad. People getting flamed for liking the shoe when the majority is complaining about this & that. Some of those complaints are petty & some valid but that's been the case for the last 30 yrs. Could the leather been better? definitely. Other than that Its a classic that i'm gonna keep in the safe till spring at least.

Edit**
and i checked my local factory store & they didn't get any.

Last edited:
Man I'm having all kinds of trouble with Nike for the last 3 weeks. If any you have seen my post, you'd know that they sent me some trash first, I sent them back and they sent a pair that UPS left on the porch and I never received. Then they sent me out another pair to replace the stolen pair and those were not to standard either, so I sent them back. They then sent me out an advanced pair and they had no set date for delivery, but got within 30 minutes of home. Now it's saying back in Memphis TN. Man what is going on![emoji]128544[/emoji][emoji]128544[/emoji]
View media item 2262106

Nike has started mass producing for Black Friday a LONG time ago, no one should be surprised that these are sitting.

Oreo 5s.
Infrared 6s.
Aqua 8s.
and now these.

Infrared VI's didn't sit online or here at any of my local spots in Michigan.

Oreo 5s.
Infrared 6s.
Aqua 8s.
and now these.

Yea from what I can remember VI's still sold by the end of the day, even though many people were distraught over the "infrapink"

Nothing similar compared to this release or the aqua VIII's

Last edited:
My tts is 10. My true blues are very snug. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Back
Top Bottom