OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

coach js coach js
I get u,
and youre right 30yrs seems like a life time ago, these are to be compared to those . My biggest issue has been the discolored e.p. of this yrs release. Although the leather on these seem to be the same material as a blade on a mylec street hockey stick.:lol:

Agree to disagree. Were all here due to the same passion. So you already know , its respect from the jump.
:nthat:

Last edited:
@Coach Js
I get u,
and youre right 30yrs seems like a life time ago, these are to be compared to those . My biggest issue from the jump has been the discolored e.p. of this yrs release. Although the leather on these seem to be the same material as a blade on a mylec street hockey stick.
laugh.gif

Agree to disagree. Were all due to the same passion. So you already know , its respect from the jump.
nthat.gif
No doubt. I do like the grey on your 11s tho. Love my Js anyways lol

Earlier today, I tried to order via SNKRS and was stuck at PENDING for almost 2 hours, which was ridiculous. I cried to them and they gave a promo code. If it makes me a scumbag, at least I saved 20%.

Thanks @ccastro02 for the comparison pic's. I'll make my own judgement when they arrive and compare them to a DS 2011 pair I have but that being said. This so far looks really bad. the thing that sticks out to me is the elephant print and the "yellow" tinge for lack of a better word. Again I'll make my own judgement but for $220 you gotta at least match 2011 which weren't even that great a quality.

Kinda want these but not at $220 plus tax. If I can find for $150-175 down the road, I'll cop. Black cement 3 still the goat 3 for me...

I remember being able to scoop 2011's with ease. Even bought 3 pairs which 2 are still unworn and ds. I haven't yet decided on copping these but if somewhere down the line these can be had for a better price I may reconsider. For now, content with 2011's.

One of my shoes has decent leather on it and the other is plasticy.. weird. It's wack that they used synthetic for the tongue and mudguard on a $220 shoe. Doesn't really make sense to use such poor materials when the 88s were $20 cheaper and pretty solid all around. But, that's usually the case with a mass produced sneaker. At least I shaved the tax with a reward coupon.

For those with swoosh, they are def worth 135 or whatever you guys were saying.. $220+tax, not so much. But I needed a pair for the collection so I grabbed one. My pair is def more on the navy side.. I was hoping to get one with a lighter hue.

Here are some comparison pics to my 2011's. In my opinion the 2011 is the overall better quality and better looking shoe. The tumbled leather is far more defined in the 2011, and the overall shape is actually much nicer. Also, the 2011 pair has a brighter white than the 2016's. Again this is just my opinion. Hope you guys find these photos useful.
View media item 2240553View media item 2240555View media item 2240556View media item 2240557View media item 2240558View media item 2240559View media item 2240560View media item 2240561

Wow thanks. Repped

I actually like everything about the 2016s more then the 2011. 16s look more sleek and less bulky imo.

That being said. I ordered my pairs online so have yet to see how leather quality is. Have older 3s from 08 and 11, 12 I can compare them to.

I'm real big on craftsmanship so hoping the online pairs I get dont have flaws.

The leather on my '09 pair is more tumbled and the EP is darker, but the shoe is stiff when I wear them around. Maybe it's cus I got them pre-owned. The leather on these is smoother. I have yet to try these on, but I will try one on each foot later tonight.

Overall, still a bit indifferent. This is my favorite shoe of all time. NA is a great plus. Was a bit let down by the leather on these, maybe this is what the OGs were like.

Tough for me to say this, but if the Space Jams are a home run. I might decide to take these back.

Damn these aint even Fire Red Quality!!!! Quick Return!!!! Fire Reds werent even that great to begin with.......

Somehow one of those desktop links worked and copped off my swoosh account for 143.
You can use Nike+ now to purchase through Swoosh. Figured that out when I was buying Kobe 11 IDs.  BTW, the new way to ID is trash lol
Easy pass. Nike is the only company to increase prices for black Friday, and beasts still fall for it.
Curious how you think the price was raised for Black Friday? $220 has been the price point for WC 4s and 5s with the NA treatment.

You can use Nike+ now to purchase through Swoosh. Figured that out when I was buying Kobe 11 IDs.  BTW, the new way to ID is trash lol

Curious how you think the price was raised for Black Friday? $220 has been the price point for WC 4s and 5s with the NA treatment.
Well the infrared 6s were $185

They didn't have the Nike Air in the back and that was over a year ago.  The Maroon 6s were $220, too. The price has nothing to do with Black Friday.

They didn't have nike air on the heel. What do you think the price of an infrared 6 would be with NA in the heel? Even if that ish is infrapink 
laugh.gif
. $220 off the bat man. That pricing point is really pushing a lot of people's limits.

Back
Top Bottom