OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Whats the best way to remove glue stains?

If it were me I'd use dish soap (or you favorite shoe cleaner i.e. JM) and water on a white rag to get it off. If that doesn't work I'd take a drop of goo gone and cold water on a damp white rag (face towel) and gently rub it out. Not so much to damage the leather though.

Last edited:
If it were me I'd use dish soap (or you favorite shoe cleaner i.e. JM) and water on a white rag to get it off. If that doesn't work I'd take a drop of goo gone and cold water on a damp white rag (face towel) and gently rub it out. Not so much to damage the leather though.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Wonder if these same people make a big deal when their iphones, computers ect. crashes or do they just like to single out Nike ha.

Comparing a sneaker to electronics is the worst comparison you can make. Apple and any other electronic companies manufacture and set aside a alotted amount of devices for the purpose of quickly replacing defective devices. Your new iPhone has a defect? Take it to the Apple Store and you'll get either another new phone or a refurbished one.

Your pair from Nike is all jacked up? Out of stock out of luck. Nike will just say give it back or keep it and thanks for the $220

Comparing a sneaker to electronics is the worst comparison you can make. Apple and any other electronic companies manufacture and set aside a alotted amount of devices for the purpose of quickly replacing defective devices. Your new iPhone has a defect? Take it to the Apple Store and you'll get either another new phone or a refurbished one.

Your pair from Nike is all jacked up? Out of stock out of luck. Nike will just say give it back or keep it and thanks for the $220

Taking the quote out of context and you made my point exactly lol. True blues are sitting you can return and exhange just like you could an iphone right now. Yet people complaining like they got messed up pairs they cant return. Stuff like this is all around us, guess some people just too blind to see it.

Taking the quote out of context and you made my point exactly lol. True blues are sitting you can return and exhange just like you could an iphone right now. Yet people complaining like they got messed up pairs they cant return. Stuff like this is all around us, guess some people just too blind to see it.

I guess you didnt see the part where people are going through like 7 pairs and still coming up short.

I guess you didnt see the part where people are going through like 7 pairs and still coming up short.

Yah the original quote was taken out of context.

I didn't make a blanket statment saying there wasnt poor quality pairs out there. I was comparing the fact that this happens with limited releases also, its just that these are sitting so people looking for perfect pairs since that option is available now.

Like every limited release people point out flaws but then say "least I have a pair" but with this release its like: flaw, trash, cant get it right, 220 too much.

Like theres no consistency. It sitting is clearly effecting how people judge the kicks.

Last edited:
That 220 price and their expectations when they open the box don't line up. Hype or reality pick one.

What if we clowned too hard in here and made JB go back to the drawing board on the bc3 when they were about to release next year?

Bad thing or good thing?

Lol no lie. I almost always do this because I've gotten so many poor quality control jays. Every time I win multiple pairs I pick them up because you never know if theres going to peeling, messed up paint, cut leather ect.

This shouldn't be a thing. Sadly, I'm guilty of doing the same, and often times, even then I still have to send back both pairs. Nike knows it has a majority of its JB Retro customers fooled by accepting B-grade shoes for full MSRP.

Original member, from the days of dial up. At that time, releases were only seen in a SLAM publication, or grainy photos posted from this forum. I've lurked on this site for years since the restructuring time, and time again. For the "old" heads, this might hold some relevance, and for the "hype beasts", I apologize if you are not able to relate, or have no interest. For somebody that truly appreciates the association of the kicks to the man that was my hero growing up, I have zero qualms with this release. In all honesty, I had not planned on even attempting to purchase this release. The last time I was successfully able to secure a piece of my childhood was the taxi 12's back in 2013. I would have never thought that being able to get this release would have been easier than that. To remember a time that calling eastbay to secure a clearance pair of retro Jordan 1's or 3's, to the modern days of stunting on instagram to posting on GOAT the next day, it is hard to believe. I grew up in a time when being a sneakerhead was "weird". It was not common to buy multiple pairs of shoes, or to be interested in shoes. Niketalk was the ONLY place where you felt like you were normal for wondering what player was wearing what shoe. It was a community where you could belong. This release reminds me of those days. I have ZERO complaints about my pair. It was hassle free, and it was exactly what I wanted it to be.

I was really worried about my snkrs pair after reading this thread... Received the shoes earlier last night... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my pair looks pretty good.

Original member, from the days of dial up. At that time, releases were only seen in a SLAM publication, or grainy photos posted from this forum. I've lurked on this site for years since the restructuring time, and time again. For the "old" heads, this might hold some relevance, and for the "hype beasts", I apologize if you are not able to relate, or have no interest. For somebody that truly appreciates the association of the kicks to the man that was my hero growing up, I have zero qualms with this release. In all honesty, I had not planned on even attempting to purchase this release. The last time I was successfully able to secure a piece of my childhood was the taxi 12's back in 2013. I would have never thought that being able to get this release would have been easier than that. To remember a time that calling eastbay to secure a clearance pair of retro Jordan 1's or 3's, to the modern days of stunting on instagram to posting on GOAT the next day, it is hard to believe. I grew up in a time when being a sneakerhead was "weird". It was not common to buy multiple pairs of shoes, or to be interested in shoes. Niketalk was the ONLY place where you felt like you were normal for wondering what player was wearing what shoe. It was a community where you could belong. This release reminds me of those days. I have ZERO complaints about my pair. It was hassle free, and it was exactly what I wanted it to be.
Repped

Back
Top Bottom